VERMICELLI FRITTATA WITH CLAMS
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease 10-inch pie plate. Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package. Mix vermicelli and clams. Place in pie plate; press down slightly.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper, onions and garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Spread evenly over vermicelli mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 200 mg
SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH CLAMS
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes, clams and red pepper flakes and cook, covered, shaking the pan occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the clams open. Add the parsley, stir once, and add the pasta. Toss to heat the pasta, then transfer to a warmed serving bowl.
FREGOLA WITH CLAMS AND MUSSELS
- In a large pot, combine the chicken stock, water, and 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking: Heat 1/4 cup of the oil, over medium-high heat, in a large Dutch oven. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the Marsala wine and grape tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute, scraping the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the clams and mussels to the pan. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook until all the shellfish have opened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened shellfish.
- Using tongs, remove the shellfish from the pan and reserve. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour the shellfish cooking liquid over the fregola. Add the remaining olive oil and 1/4 cup of the parsley and toss. Place the reserved shellfish on top of the fregola and garnish with the remaining parsley.
- Beat the egg and gradually beat in the flour. Slowly stir in the milk, clams, salt, pepper and onion. If desired, stir in the green pepper. With hands shape mixture into 2 inch diameter patties.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Fry the patties in the hot oil until golden brown. Place cooked fritters on paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 53.4 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 183.5 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
JIMMY'S CLAM AND CORN FRITTERS
- Mix cornmeal, cream-style corn, clams, onion, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl until batter is thoroughly combined. If batter is too thick, stir in milk, about 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per fritter and gently drop into the hot oil; deep-fry in small batches of 3 or 4 fritters until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain fritters on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.6 calories, Carbohydrate 47.2 g, Cholesterol 21.4 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 706.3 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
FREGOLA WITH CLAMS
You probably won't have to salt the sauce itself since the clams are so briny; taste right before serving.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook fregola in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup oil in a Dutch oven or other large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Carefully add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add clams, cover, and cook, transferring clams to a bowl as they open (discard any that do not open), 6-8 minutes. Add fregola to cooking liquid in pot and cook, stirring, until fregola is tender and sauce is slightly thickened (there should still be plenty of liquid), about 2 minutes. Return clams to pot and cook until warmed through.
- Divide fregola and clams among bowls, drizzle with oil, and top with parsley and lemon zest.
WHITE CLAM SAUCE AND VERMICELLI
This is my friend Nancy's mild, family-style recipe; one her young children enjoy. She serves it with her Casaburo Salad. (Another shared in my "birthday book").
Provided by Acerast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the vermicelli according to package directons.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and add the chopped garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the white wine.
- Add the salt, oregano and pepper.
- Stir in the clams and their liquid.
- Heat through.
- Toss with the cooked vermicelli.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 704.3, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 56.7, Sodium 716.2, Carbohydrate 92.1, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 3, Protein 42.4
- Place the top oven rack about 8 inches from the flame. Preheat the broiler. Tightly wrap the handle of a 9-inch nonstick skillet with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Beat the eggs until smooth. Add the tomato, ham, cheese and half-and-half and stir to mix well.
- Heat the oil in the prepared skillet over medium heat and add thyme and garlic. Stir until the oil is aromatic, about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the egg mixture while stirring slowly. Stir in the butter, pepper and hot sauce. When curds begin to form, reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the clams and basil. Cook until the egg mixture thickens, adjusting the heat if necessary so the bottom does not scorch. (Or place the skillet over a pot of simmering water and cook eggs as in a double boiler or bain marie.)
- When the eggs have mostly set and only a thin, uncooked layer remains on top, place the skillet under the broiler, stirring once after 2 minutes, until the top is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve while warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 414, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 1401 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "vermicelli frittata with clams recipes"
VERMICELLI FRITTATA RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Servings 4Calories 343 per servingTotal Time 22 mins
VERMICELLI FRITTATA (FRITTATA DI VERMICELLI) - GUSTO TV
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Appetizer, Lunch, Sides
RECIPE - VERMICELLI WITH CLAMS - ACADEMIA BARILLA
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory First CoursesTotal Time 43 mins
FILIPPO BERIO VERMICELLI WITH CLAMS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CLAM AND VERMICELLI SOUP - MISS CHINESE FOOD
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
VERMICELLI FRITTATA WITH GREEN ONIONS AND CHEDDAR - BIGOVEN
10 BEST VERMICELLI NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
VERMICELLI WITH MUSSELS & CLAMS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
VERMICELLI FRITTATA (FRITTATA DI VERMICELLI) | EASY MEALS | SBS …
STEAMED CLAMS WITH GARLIC VERMICELLI | MISS CHINESE FOOD
VERMICELLI WITH CLAMS | NAPOLICIOUS
RESTAURANT-STYLE LINGUINE WITH CLAMS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
VERMICELLI FRITTATA WITH EGGS, PARMESAN, ANCHOVIES, AND …
VERMICELLI PASTA FRITTATA FROM BASILICATA – THE PASTA PROJECT
CLAM PASTA (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) ボンゴレ - JUST ONE COOKBOOK
EASY CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE - CLAM CAKES - CLAM RECIPES
CLAM WITH GLASS NOODLES - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
LIDIA'S VERMICELLI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE - ANDREW ZIMMERN
STEAMED CLAMS WITH GARLIC VERMICELLI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
VERMICELLI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
FREGOLA WITH CLAMS: RECIPE FROM SARDINIA. - THE PASTA PROJECT
SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE IN BIANCO (WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE) RECIPE
LEMON AND CLAM VERMICELLI | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
EASY CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE - HOMEMADE WITH FRESH CLAMS
STIR-FRIED VERMICELLI NOODLES 素炒粉丝 (VEGAN) - THE PLANT-BASED …
FREGOLA WITH CLAMS RECIPE - NANCY HARMON JENKINS | FOOD & WINE
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
VERMICELLI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE RECIPE
STEAMED BAMBOO CLAMS WITH VERMICELLI - 粉丝蒸竹蛏 - YOUTUBE
RECIPE - VERMICELLI WITH CLAMS IN BROTH - ACADEMIA BARILLA
10 BEST RAZOR CLAM RECIPES TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
VERMICELLI WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST VERMICELLI NOODLES RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
10 BEST CLAM FRITTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
RICE VERMICELLI STIR-FRY - CILANTRO AND CITRONELLA
FREGOLA WITH CLAMS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook fresh vermicelli?Cook the vermicelli in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, then set aside to cool. 2. Add 3 tsp (15 ml) olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat, then fry the anchovies, garlic and crushed red pepper for 2-3 minutes.
What is vermicelli frittata and what does it taste like?If you have leftover pasta sitting in your fridge, like I do from time to time, then you are going to want to know about vermicelli frittata, a classic dish from Basilicata. This frittata is somewhere between quiche and a flat omelette, packed full of flavor with a creamy delicious center.
How do you cook a frittata with garlic?Add the garlic mixture to the cold pasta, along with the eggs and parsley, some salt and pepper. Mix everything together well. Pour the mixture into a large non-stick frying pan and fry, turn the frittata to cook the other side. Both sides should be nicely browned and slightly crispy.
What is a pasta frittata?The Italians do and pasta frittatas are very popular and traditional throughout Italy. Whether as a result of frugality or necessity, the pasta frittata was most definitely born out of a desire to use up leftover pasta. Long pasta such as spaghetti, vermicelli, bavette etc. is the most common type used in a pasta frittata.