FRIED VIDALIA ONION
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the egg and the milk in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, peppers, oregano, thyme, and cumin.
- Slice 1/2-an inch off the top of the onion and the bottom of the onion. Slice the onion in half, about 3/4-of the way down without slicing all the way through. Slice into quarters, then into 1/8s. Repeat this until you have cut the onion into 14 sections. Spread the "petals" of the onion apart and dip the onion in the milk mixture. Then coat it liberally with the dry ingredients. Separate the "petals" and sprinkle the dry coating between them.
- Place the battered onion in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with Fried Vidalia Onion.
ROASTED VIDALIA ONIONS
Roasted in the oven or on the grill, these onions are simple and tasty. They taste like French onion soup, and smell great. In college I used to put it on the top of my gas stove! Still delicious just the same. Very very easy and loads of flavor.
Provided by LOTUSFLOWER1971
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Peel and core onions, then slice halfway through. Place onions on sections of aluminum foil large enough to wrap them completely. Place a bouillon cube in the center of each onion; place pat of butter on top. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Wrap the onions in foil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 30.7 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 1337.1 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS
Vidalia onion recipes are some of my favorites to whip up. Served alongside any of a variety of fish and meats, these tender onions are a nice change of pace. Folks find it a fun and flavorful side dish. -Norma Durham, Rogersville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Quarter onions halfway through and open slightly. Place each on a 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place 2 teaspoons butter in center of each onion; sprinkle with salt, pepper and, if desired, garlic salt. Fold foil to seal tightly. Bake at 350° until onions are tender, 50-60 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 376mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a small baking pan with foil.
- Cut 1/2" off the top of each onion; slightly trim the bottoms so that the onions stand upright. Place the onions, cut side up, in the prepared baking pan and coat with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Set aside for 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Remove and discard the onion peels. Using a spoon, scoop out the onion centers, leaving a 1/2" shell. Chop the centers and reserve 1 cup for the stuffing; save the remainder for another use.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, thyme, basil, and the 1 cup chopped onions. Cook for 6 minutes, or until the zucchini is softened and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs, pine nuts, 2 1/2 tablespoons of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the filling among the onion shells. Place the onion shells in the same baking pan and top with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake for 20 minute, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
VIDALIA ONION BAKE
The mild taste of Vidalias makes this casserole appealing to onion lovers and non-fans alike. It's an excellent accompaniment to beef, pork or chicken. -Katrina Stitt, Zephyrhills, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers., Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Fat 22g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 506mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
SEAFOOD STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS
A great side dish to serve at your next fishfry, this is also elegant enough for a dinner party. You can use pre-cooked flounder or cod if you desire or if you have an allergy to shellfish. Just use a fork to flake, seperating the meat. This is a spin-off variation of our wonderful Recipe #329528. :)
Provided by 2Bleu
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F Peel the onions and cut off tops. Using a sharp knife, score center of each onion. Using a small spoon, scoop out center leaving the two outer layers intact to create a 'bowl' (similar to gutting a pumpkin. Save the insides for another recipe). Place shells into an 8" baking dish and set aside.
- MAKE STUFFING: In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic, celery, and bell pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and Old Bay (to taste). Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place mixture into a bowl. Gently stir in the crabmeat, then the bread crumbs a little at a time, adding more as needed to gently bind. Set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLY: Spoon stuffing evenly into onions (do not pack too tightly, just lightly press down into the onions). Pour broth over and around onions. Cover dish and bake for 45-50 minutes or until onions are tender. Remove cover and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes to lightly brown the tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.9, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 32.5, Sodium 427.9, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 5.8, Protein 7.7
VIDALIA® ONION DIP
A cheesy dip for the onion lover in all of us. I serve it with crackers but you can also use breadsticks. Be careful about over-baking as the cheese will harden and be difficult to dip crackers in.
Provided by RACEGIRLCHIEF
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir sweet onion in hot butter until browned, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Add mayonnaise to the onion and stir; pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is bubbling and lightly golden, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 8.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 41.8 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS
- Peel onions and cut a slice from top and bottom; chop slices and set aside.
- Cook onions in boiling water 15-20 minutes till tender but not mushy.
- Remove center of onion, leave shells intact; reserve onion centers for another use.
- Set aside shells.
- Heat Italian dressing in medium pan add chopped onion and red pepper, and zucchini, and cook till tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients.
- Fill each onion shell with 1/2 cup of mixture; place filled shells in 8 inch square dish sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Cover and bake 350F for 20 minutes.
- uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.8, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 18.3, Sodium 282.1, Carbohydrate 15.7, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 7.3, Protein 9.1
VIDALIA-ONION-STUFFED BAKED POTATOES WITH "THE DEENS' LIST" OF TOPPINGS
Some dishes are all about the garnishes. Or maybe some families like to do it up. Either way, when we bake a potato, we don't settle for a pat of butter. The fixin's are the fun part! We've made up a whole list of optional baked potato toppings, but, for us, the Vidalia onions are nonnegotiable. These crunchy and sweet onions are a Southern favorite and, although they're grown only in Georgia, they're still available in many supermarkets nationwide. If you can't get Vidalias, other sweet onions like Walla Wallas or Texas sweets taste just as good. These taters go great with all kind of mains. Two of our other favorites are All-Day Beef Chili (page 122) and Southern-Style Turkey, Tomato, and Monterey Jack Bake (page 48).
Yield serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and salt. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly and, when just cool enough to handle, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Divide the chopped onion, butter, and mayonnaise over the cut sides of the potatoes and, using a fork, mash them into the potatoes. Serve hot, providing small bowls of The Deens' List of Toppings (below), if desired, so everyone can customize his or her own potato.
- When you (or your kids) are hungry, an hour can seem like a lifetime to wait for that potato to bake. We usually throw a few spuds into the oven when we're doing the Sunday roast. When the potatoes are done, we just wrap them in aluminum foil and keep them in the fridge. Then, they're all ready to be reheated and stuffed for the next night's dinner.
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cooked, crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped pitted kalamata olives
More about "vidalia onion stuffed baked potatoes with the deens list of toppings recipes"
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 306 per serving
- Trim a thin slice from both ends of each onion, then peel away the papery skin and place the them in a covered, microwave-safe dish with about 1/4-inch of water in the bottom.
- Microwave at 80% power until the outer layers of the onion are tender but not soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, drain off the water and let stand, uncovered, until cool enough to handle.
- Begin removing the inner layers of the onion by inserting a fork into the center and twisting. Pull upward gently, remove the core and transfer to a cutting board.
RECIPES - VIDALIAONIONS.COM
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS | RECIPE | VIDALIA ONION RECIPES, …
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS | RECIPE | VIDALIA ONIONS, BAKED ONIONS, ONION
FRENCH ONION STUFFED POTATOES - 12 TOMATOES
VIDALIA - RECIPES - VIDALIA ONIONS AND VIDALIA ONION HOME
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
SATURDAY NIGHT VIDALIA ONIONS - PAULA DEEN | RECIPE | VIDALIA …
CARAMELIZED ONION-STUFFED BAKED POTATO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS - DEEP SOUTH DISH
VIDALIA ONION STUFFED - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
CHILI CHEESE STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
VIDALIA ONION CASSEROLE RECIPE COOKING WITH PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE
EASY VIDALIA ONION AND POTATOES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH MOREL BUTTER - PAULA DEEN
10 SWEET VIDALIA ONION RECIPES FOR SUMMER | SOUTHERN LIVING
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
ROASTED STUFFED VIDALIA ONION - LOVE OF FOOD
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - KITCHEN BELLEICIOUS
SWEET VIDALIA ONION & POTATO CASSEROLE - 12 TOMATOES
RECIPES ARCHIVE - VIDALIA ONION
CRAB MEAT STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS (SWEET & SAVORY) - SIZZLING EATS
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BAKED VIDALIA ONION DIP - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - CLAY COYOTE
STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS | RECIPE | SWEET ONION RECIPE, VIDALIA ONIONS ...
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - SENDIKSFINEFOODS.COM
BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
VIDALIA ONION PIE | PAULA DEEN
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS - DELICIOUS WHOLE ONION - THECOOKFUL
RECIPES > MAIN DISH > HOW TO MAKE BAKED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS
You'll also love