VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE (COM CHIEN)
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat and add in one tablespoon of oil.
- Add shrimp, stirring one to three minutes or until cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside. Increase heat to high.
- Add onion and cook for one minute.
- Add sausage. Cook and stir for three minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add veggies and cook for two minutes (if still frozen, three to four minutes to cook off excess water)
- Add the rice and mix with the veggies. Continue mixing until rice is broken down with no lumps.
- Add shrimp back in and season with salt, sugar, chicken powder, and white pepper. Mix together well.
- Push rice to the side and add in the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the eggs. Stir them until they're half cooked (they should still be mostly liquid with bits of cooked egg), then quickly stir in the rest of the food. Continue to stir for a minute, the egg will continue to cook as it's coating the rice mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fish sauce, if using. Taste and add extra seasoning if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639 kcal, Carbohydrate 83 g, Protein 26 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 236 mg, Sodium 1094 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 3 g, UnsaturatedFat 14 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE
- Cook onion in the vegetable for one minute on medium heat.
- Add carrot and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sausauge and dried pork roll.
- Add two eggs and stir.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, add fish sauce, add steamed rice.
- Stir well.
- Add Cilantro.
- Stir well again and turn off heat in five minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 762.7, Fat 20.7, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 125.9, Sodium 827.2, Carbohydrate 119.6, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 2.1, Protein 20.5
VIETNAMESE-STYLE FRIED RICE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the beaten eggs. Cook, swirling often to form a flat egg pancake, just until set, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Scoop out egg pancake and transfer to a cutting board.
- Over medium heat, saute the lemongrass, garlic, and shallots until softened and aromatic.
- Turn up the heat, add the chopped carrot and sweet peas, and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the sliced lap cheong and the barbecued pork. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the rice. Drizzle in the fish sauce. Stir fry until the rice is heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Roll up the egg like a cigar and cut into thin slices.
- Add egg slices to the rice. Toss. Add the lime juice and toss a few more times.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro, lemon basil, or mint, or all three.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 kcal, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 124 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 271 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 17 g, ServingSize Serves 3 to 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE
- Finely chop enough scallions to measure about 2 cups and coarsely shred enough carrots to measure about 2 cups. Rinse bean sprouts and trim stringy root ends if desired. In a small bowl lightly beat eggs.
- Make seasoning liquid:
- In a small bowl stir together seasoning liquid ingredients.
- Spread rice in a shallow baking pan and separate grains with a fork.
- In a deep 12-inch heavy non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and stir-fry eggs until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Add scallions, garlic, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry about 15 seconds, or until fragrant. Add carrots and bean sprouts and stir-fry until carrots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir seasoning liquid and add to fried rice, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve fried rice sprinkled with cilantro or mint and dry-roasted peanuts.
HEAVENLY VIETNAMESE BEEF FRIED RICE
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil. Add rice, beef bouillon, and lime leaves. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let rice stand for 10 minutes. Spread onto a platter and let cool completely, at least 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, marinate beef with cilantro, mint, green onions, lime juice, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce for up to 1 hour. Marinate tofu in the remaining soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add red onion; cook for 1 minute, then add marinated beef. Saute until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Discard lime leaves from the cooled rice and toss rice into the wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add tofu, stir gently, and fry for 3 minutes more. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 598.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.1 g, Cholesterol 74.5 mg, Fat 31.6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 834.7 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
USE-IT-UP FRIED RICE FROM VIETNAMESE FOOD ANY DAY
Reprinted with permission from Vietnamese Food Any Day by Andrea Nguyen, Ten Speed Press. 2019. Photo credit: Aubrie Park. "Along with banh mi and tacos, fried rice is another go-to for repurposing leftovers. It's easy to make a luxurious mound of c?m chiên, as long as you remember a few points: To ensure grains that don't gum up, use dry-ish, cooked rice (it can be made up to 3 days in advance). Make the rice up to 3 days ahead, or prepare a fresh batch and let it cool completely on a baking dish. Add-ins such as meat and vegetables should be cut into smallish pieces so they'll distribute well among the grains; you want every bite to be exciting. Avoid adding too much liquid seasonings or wet ingredients to the pan, or they'll overhydrate the grains instead of just lightly coating and seasoning them. Employ lots of heat and cook quickly (line up the ingredients near the stove, so you can dump them into the pan). Cook in two batches when doubling the recipe. This fried rice can be taken in many directions. Keep it sumptuous with your choice of add-ins and rich egg, or emphasize just one of them. Omit both for a great simple fried rice to pair with other dishes. You can always enliven things with spicy vinegar in the Notes, which has more ideas."
Provided by Food.com
Categories White Rice
Yield 4 side dish servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Stir the rice to prevent lumps. Set with the remaining ingredients near the stove-this recipe comes together quickly.
- In a large nonstick or carbon-steel skillet over high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the fat. When the fat is nearly shimmering, add the garlic and stir-fry for 10 to 15 seconds, until aromatic. Add the leftovers and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes to reheat and refresh. Add the rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until warm and slightly revived.
- Push the rice to the skillet's perimeter to create a 4-inch-well in the middle. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon fat to the well, pour in the egg, then pour the fish sauce around the rim of the well (onto the rice). Quickly stir-fry to break up, scramble,.
- and work the golden egg bits into the rice. Add the green onion and cook for 10 to 15 seconds longer, until just wilted. Turn off the heat, taste, and season with salt, if needed.
- Transfer the rice to a plate or shallow bowl. Serve with additional fish sauce, soy sauce, or Maggi Seasoning in case diners want an extra-savory punch.
- Instead of cooked leftovers, use chopped raw meat, seafood, or veggies (try mushroom, green beans, or frozen peas or carrots, thawed). Heat 1½ tablespoons oil, add the raw ingredients, and lightly season with salt, fish sauce (or soy sauce, Bragg, or Maggi). When cooked through and hot, add the rice and continue as directed.
- To gild the lily with bacon, chop 2 or 3 slices, fry them up until crisp, and use the rendered fat instead of the oil. Keep the bacon in the pan as you fry the rice or use it at the end as a garnish.
- To make a quick chile garlic vinegar, in a small bowl or jar, combine 1 sliced jalapeño with seeds intact, 1 small smashed garlic clove, 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar, and 1/4 cup water and let sit for 15 minutes. Have diners use a spoon to sprinkle it over their rice. The vinegar will keep for up to 2 weeks at room temperature or for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
More about "vietnamese fried rice recipes"
VIETNAMESE STYLE FRIED RICE - THE VIET VEGAN
4.8/5 (5)Category DinnerCuisine VietnameseTotal Time 45 mins
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE CAKES (BANH BOT CHIEN) - POKE THE DOUGH
VIETNAMESE HOMEMADE FRIED RICE WITH SALTY FISH RECIPE
VIETNAMESE RED RICE RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
VIETNAMESE BEEF FRIED RICE WITH PICKLED MUSTARD GREENS
VIETNAMESE-STYLE FRIED RICE - THE TOMATO
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE — CHEF TU DAVID PHU: …
FRIED RICE VIETNAMESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GARLIC FRIED RICE RECIPE - VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE | VAFOTV
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE (CơM CHIêN TRứNG) - FOOD
THE CRISPIEST FRIED RICE RECIPE - NOMVIETNOM
HOW TO COOK FRIED RICE VIETNAMESE STYLE | OUR EVERYDAY …
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE (COM CHIEN) | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS
TRADITIONAL VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE - SAVORY AND SAVVY
VIETNAMESE STICKY RICE (XôI MặN) | WOK AND KIN
VIETNAMESE PAN FRIED RICE CAKE - BOT CHIEN RECIPE - STILL BLOG
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
VIETNAMESE-CAJUN FRIED RICE | SOUTHERN LIVING
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MOM’S VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE WITH CHINESE SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP
VIETNAMESE PORK FRIED RICE - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CơM Đỏ (VIETNAMESE TOMATO RICE) - WOK AND KIN
10 MOST POPULAR VIETNAMESE RICE DISHES - TASTEATLAS
HEALTHY VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE | VIETNAMESE RECIPES | DUNCAN LU
CHA GIO (VIETNAMESE FRIED SPRING ROLLS) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
10 BEST VIETNAMESE RICE DISHES - VIETNAMONLINE.COM
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM - PINTEREST
CRISPY FRIED SPRING ROLL WITH RICE PAPER WRAPPER (CHA GIO)
HOW TO COOK VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE WITH EGG
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE - DALISA
VIETNAMESE STIR FRY RICE NOODLES WITH BEEF (PHO XAO THIT BO)
BANH RICE CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE WITH CHICKEN | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
VIETNAMESE SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VIETNAM FRIED RICE - EAT AT HOME
VIETNAMESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
VIETNAMESE PORK FRIED RICE - FEEDING THE FAMISHED
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #cuisine #preparation #asian #vietnamese
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Vietnamese fried rice?This is the fried rice version of traditional Vietnamese red rice (plain tomato rice steamed in a pot). I added ham, peas and egg to turn it into a quick and easy meal. Frying up the tomato rice with garlic adds extra flavour which is on point! Serves 2 as a meal, or 4 to 5 as a side.
How to cook rice for stir fry?Step 1 In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked white rice, beaten egg, egg yolk, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add shallots and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Stir in cooked rice and continue frying until the rice is dry and tender.
How do you make fried rice with fish sauce?Stir fry for about a minute. Add the rice. Drizzle in the fish sauce. Stir fry until the rice is heated through. Turn off the heat. Roll up the egg like a cigar and cut into thin slices. Add egg slices to the rice. Toss. Add the lime juice and toss a few more times. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro, lemon basil, or mint, or all three.
How to make crispy fried rice?Tip: Here’s the secret to make crispy fried rice. Grill 50gr cooked rice in an oven for 30 minutes at 150 Celsius degree, slightly separate the grains. Heat 1 tsp cooking oil in a small pan and fry the rice until it is crispy and slightly brown. Mix the crispy rice in the fried rice and mix well.