The recipe for these cookies is the easiest to find in my book because the page is a beautiful mess covered with fingerprints, flour smudges and memories of more than 30 Christmases! I made these with my daughters, and now I make them with my granddaughters. -Judy Taylor, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 cookies (8 batches).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (mixture will be thick)., Drop dough in batches by tablespoonfuls 3-4 in. apart onto a greased preheated waffle iron. Bake until dark brown, 2-3 minutes., Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 79mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
My mom made these cookies years ago. They are good with or without the frosting. Sorry, the recipe didn't say how long they cook (so I guessed on the prep and cook time), or how much powdered sugar to use, and I haven't made these in awhile so I don't remember. I'm also not sure about how many dozen this makes, I just guessed.
Provided by Legna
Yield 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cookie: Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stir.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Drop onto hot waffle iron.
- Bake like waffles.
- Frost when cool.
- Frosting: Put ingredients, except powdered sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Boil, add powdered sugar until it gets to desired thickness.
- Cool slightly, frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1620.7, Fat 91.3, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 286.3, Sodium 1443.2, Carbohydrate 178.9, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 101.2, Protein 22.9
WAFFLED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
The best part of these crispy-on-the-outside, soft-in-the-middle- cookies is they're ready in a snap; no oven preheating required. We prefer thicker waffle irons for these cookies, but if your iron is thinner, be sure to adjust your timing so they'll cook faster.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield About 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the sugars and butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and egg until incorporated. Adjust the speed to medium-low and add the flour in 2 batches, mixing until incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes if time allows.
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-low. Generously spray the top and bottom of the waffle iron with cooking spray. Scoop tablespoons of the dough, roll into balls and flatten slightly. Working in batches, place 1 dough round onto each section of the waffle iron, close gently and cook until slightly crisp, 3 to 6 minutes.
- Serve the cookies warm or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day.
- Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
WAFFLE COOKIES I
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium setting.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then stir in the flour.
- Drop the batter by heaping soupspoonful onto the waffle grid. Close the cover and bake for about 3 minutes and 20 seconds. Every waffle iron is a little different so you may want to test it on the first couple of cookies. Place finished cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.8 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 110.4 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 232.6 mg, Sugar 19.7 g
WAFFLE IRON CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- Melt chocolate over low heat. Cream together sugar and butter or margarine. Add chocolate and mix well.
- Add eggs and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat waffle iorn. Non stick spray can be used to prepare iron.
- Drop about 1 Tablespoon of dough in each section of preheated iron.
- Bake until cookies start to turn brown. Be careful because they can burn easily.
- Cool and frost with a white powdered sugar frosting. (See recipe for Vanilla Glaze.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.9 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 210.3 mg, Sugar 18 g
Lisa Campbell-Patterson of Des Moines, Iowa shares this chocolaty cookie that's cooked in a waffle iron. "I got this recipe in high school. It's always been a family favorite and it's also fun to share with others. They usually are surprised at how they are made," she relates.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and cool completely. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and sugar; gradually add to egg mixture, Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely., For frosting, in a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar alternately with water, beating until smooth. , Frost waffle cookies to within 1/4 in. of edges. Decorate with glitter and jimmies if desired. Let stand until frosting is set.
Nutrition Facts :
BELGIAN WAFFLE COOKIES
Crisp, yummy cookies which a lot of people seem to exchange around the holidays. I think the Italian verson contains anise.
Provided by TiaGem
Yield 4 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Place butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together on med-low.
- Add vanilla and salt, increase speed to medium.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Decrease speed to low, add flour and mix well.
- Divide batter into 4 3/4 cup portions.
- Using one portion, drop batter on each corner of the grids.
- Close waffle maker and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-5 min).
- Carefully remove waffle from maker and allow to cool.
- Serve plain or with your favorite fruit filling and whipped cream.
More about "waffle cookies i recipes"
10 BEST WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
WAFFLE COOKIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE COOKIES - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
TOP 44 BREVILLE CLASSIC WAFFLE RECIPE RECIPES
SWEDISH WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE
BEYOND BREAKFAST: THE WAFFLE COOKIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BEST CHURRO WAFFLE COOKIES ARE THE DESSERT MASHUP YOU MUST ...
WAFFLE SUGAR COOKIES - IMPERIAL SUGAR | RECIPES
WAFFLE COOKIES I RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST EASY VANILLA WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
SIMPLE WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS!) - SUSTAIN ...
OATMEAL-CHOCOLATE CHIP WAFFLE COOKIES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CRUMBL WAFFLE COOKIES (COPYCAT RECIPE) - COOKING WITH KARLI
23 MINI WAFFLE IRON RECIPES TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WAFFLE COOKIES I - COOKIES
CLASSIC PIZZELLE RECIPE FOR ITALIAN WAFFLE COOKIES ...
TOP 41 BELGIAN WAFFLE COOKIE GALETTE RECIPE RECIPES
SNICKERDOODLE WAFFLE COOKIES - LAUREN'S LATEST
CRUMBL WAFFLE COOKIES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING ...
10 RECIPES TO MAKE IN YOUR WAFFLE MAKER | RICARDO
WAFFLE COOKIES I RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
FRENCH BELGIAN WAFFLE COOKIES (GAULETTES) RECIPE
PIZZELLES RECIPE ~ ITALIAN WAFFLE COOKIES ARE EASY TO MAKE
RECIPE FOR WAFFLE COOKIES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CONFETTI WAFFLE COOKIES - SPRINKLES FOR BREAKFAST
WAFFLE COOKIES I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WAFFLE COOKIES - SWEET AND SIMPLE LIVING
SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIP WAFFLE COOKIES - OH MY! SUGAR HIGH
VANILLA WAFFLE COOKIES RECIPE - BAKED ON WAFFLE IRON - A ...
BELGIAN BUTTER WAFFLE IRON COOKIES (FRENCH GAULETTES ...
GLAZED WAFFLE COOKIES – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
WAFFLE COOKIES WITH MAPLE GLAZE - EASY AND TASTY RECIPE
THE BEST WAFFLE RECIPE EVER - COOKIES AND CUPS
WAFFLE CONE COOKIES - KELLY LYNN'S SWEETS AND TREATS
WAFFLE COOKIES | MIDWEST LIVING
THE BEST WAFFLE RECIPE | MOM ON TIMEOUT
WAFFLE COOKIES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make waffle cookies?Simple Waffle Cookies Recipe (with variations!) Baked in a waffle press, the chewy texture and sweetness make them a perfect, simple dessert cookie the family is sure to love. Combine baking powder with flour. In a mixer beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Slowly add in oil and mix on low.
How do you make a waffle iron waffle?In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and cool completely. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and sugar; gradually add to egg mixture Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to make Churro waffle cookies?Make the churro waffle cookies: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the melted butter and mix for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
How to make whole wheat waffles with egg whites?Fold the egg whites into the waffle batter until just combined. Scoop 3/4 cup of the batter into the hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown. To turn these into whole wheat waffles, replace 1 cup of the all purpose flour with 1 cup of whole wheat flour.