EASY CANNED CHICKPEA HUMMUS
Boiling canned chickpeas in water for 20 minutes before puréeing them gives you the silky-smooth texture you normally only get in from-scratch hummus.
Provided by The Epicurious Test Kitchen
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place chickpeas in a medium pot and cover with water by 1". Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, undisturbed, until chickpeas start falling apart, about 20 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, then drain chickpeas.
- Transfer chickpeas to a food processor. Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and 2 Tbsp. reserved cooking liquid and process for a full 5 minutes (set a timer for this) until creamy and smooth. If at any point the hummus appears dry or very thick, add cooking liquid 1 Tbsp. at a time. With the motor running, stream in oil and process just until combined. Transfer to a medium bowl and drizzle with more oil.
- Do Ahead: Hummus can be made 5 days ahead. Let cool, then cover and chill.
WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS
Found on Elizabeth Baird's Blog, this is a Syrian version of hummus made with whole chickpeas in Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian. Rather than pureed hummus, this is a chickpea salad accented with garlic and lemon, as in hummus, but with the addition of chopped tomatoes and flat leaf parsley.
Provided by Katzen
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 1/2 Cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- . Chop the garlic coarsely on a cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and with a fork or angled blade of knife, mash the garlic and salt together to make a fairly smooth paste. Scrape into a medium bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne; stir well to combine flavours. Stir in chickpeas. (Make-ahead: refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 day.).
- . Add tomatoes and parsley; stir to combine.
This is a great recipe that can be made in minutes. It's makes for an easy lunch served with pita chips and raw veggies.
Provided by Veggie Girl.
Yield 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place everything in a food processor and blend together.
- Add water until hummus is slightly less thick then desired, as it will thicken in the refrigerator.
- Chill for about an hour.
People also searched
More about "whole chickpea hummus recipes"
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.6/5 (49)Servings 2
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients: Drain 15½ oz. chickpeas in a strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly. Let drain again while you do the other prep.
- Cut 1 lemon in half, remove any visible seeds, and squeeze juice into a small bowl. You should have 3–4 Tbsp.
- Smash 1 garlic clove with the flat side of your knife on a cutting board and remove peel. Continue to mash with side of knife until a paste forms. (You can also grate garlic on a microplane if you have one—you're just looking for a fine paste.)
- Combine drained chickpeas, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, garlic, ½ cup tahini, ¾ tsp. salt, 10 cracks pepper, ¼ tsp. cumin, and 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor.
ORIGINAL CREAMY CHICKPEA HUMMUS | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 minsTotal Time 10 mins
- Add all the ingredients to a high power blender (I used a Vitamix) and work it until hummus is creamy and smooth (about 3-5 minutes). Pause if there is a need to stir the ingredients. Add water if the consistence is too thick.
- I recommend that you store the hummus in a glass container with a silicone top to keep it fresh longer. When ready to use, pour the amount you want to eat and share in a bowl, top with oil and chickpeas and serve alongside fresh veggies, chips or use it in your favorite wraps.
EASY HUMMUS (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT) - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
5/5 (1.3K)Category AppetizerCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 10 mins See details »
BASIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 115 per serving See details »
HUMMUS MASABACHA (HUMMUS WITH WHOLE CHICKPEAS) RECIPE
See details »
MEDITERRANEAN HUMMUS + VIDEO | SILK ROAD RECIPES
Ratings 10Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 296 per serving
- Soak the dried chickpeas overnight in a large bowl covered by 2.5 cups water. Cover with kitchen towel and set aside. If using canned chickpeas, skip this step go to Step 2 below.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. To a large saucepan or skillet over high heat add the chickpeas and baking soda. Toss to coat and dry cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the 6.5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes (See Note 4) over medium heat. Skim any foam and skins that floats to surface. Chickpeas are done when they break up easily when pressed between thumb and finger. Drain and transfer to food processor. At this stage you can pick through to remove any skins, but I feel the food processor going at 5 minutes does a fantastic job of creating a creamy texture.
- Process cooked chickpeas to a thick paste. Stop and scrape down the sides. With motor running add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cumin. Next, with motor still running, drop in the ice cubes and mix for a total of 5 minutes. You want the creamiest, smoothest paste.
FRESH HOMEMADE CHICKPEA HUMMUS – RICHLY ROOTED
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Rinse the chickpeas and put in a pot. Cover with water, stir in about 1 Tbsp baking soda, and let soak several hours, or overnight. Try to change the water at least once during this time, rinsing the chickpeas and adding more baking soda. The baking soda will help to soften the water and reduce gassy effects.
- When the chickpeas have about doubled in size, change the water and bring the chickpeas to a boil. Turn down to low and cook for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until soft.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a blender or food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup cooking liquid, lemon juice, cumin, salt, olive oil, garlic, and tahini to the blender. Blend until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS: HOMEMADE CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Soak the chickpeas in water. Before starting our hummus recipe put the chickpeas in a bowl full of water. This step is necessary to soften and hydrate the legumes that need to be cooked afterwards.
- Cook the chickpeas. Once the chickpeas have been in the water for 8 to 10 hours, drain them and place them dry in a pan to cook them. In this pan, put a spoonful of bicarbonate and cook them for 3 minutes at high fire.
- Remove skins. After the 3 minutes have gone by, put a liter and a half of water in the pan with the chickpeas and wait until it boils. While the chickpeas are cooking, with a spoon or skimmer, remove the skins that you will see at the surface of the pan, so that the chickpeas are clean and peeled.
- Crush the chickpeas. Once the chickpeas are clean, wet and soft, put them in a tube or container to crush them. This can be done with the mixer, the blender, or a cooking robot.
- Add the water. After crushing the mixture for approximately 5 minutes, add 100 milliliters of freezing cold water. This step aims to make the sauce creamy and the ingredients well incorporated.
- Serve. You can serve your homemade hummus with any leaf as decoration, for instance, mint, parsley or coriander. Finally, add a little olive oil over the hummus to enhance the flavors and get a look just like the traditional hummus.
HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE (WITH CANNED CHICKPEAS) | LOSE ...
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 3 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 132 per serving
- Taste and add in more salt and pepper as needed. If you like a creamier or thinner hummus recipe, add in a little more of the chickpea liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.
EASY HOMEMADE ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - THE CHEEKY CHICKPEA
Reviews 3Category Sauces & DressingsCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 1 hr
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400° Slice 1/2 inch off the top of a whole head of garlic. Keeping it intact. Place garlic cut side up on a piece of tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil ( if using) and a pinch of salt and pepper over the top. Wrap up the garlic and roast for 45 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, roasted garlic, tahini, lemon juice and zest, sesame oil (if using), spices and aquafaba to your food processor, blender or Nutra Bullet. Process for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEA HUMMUS - KIDNEY RD
Reviews 3Total Time 45 minsServings 10Calories 87 per serving
- p id=”instruction-step-2″>2. Lay out cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on a baking tray. Drizzle avocado oil and season with pepper, half of the salt, and toss well to coat. Cover sheet pan with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove foil, toss vegetables, and return to the oven uncovered to roast for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- p id=”instruction-step-3″>3. In a food processor, add cooled roasted cauliflower and garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, extra virgin olive oil, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Blend until smooth, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the food processor. Add 1 tbsp of cold water if needed to reach your desired consistency and blend for another 30 seconds.
- id=”instruction-step-4″>4. Adjust seasoning to taste, then transfer to a serving bowl and top with an optional extra drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika to serve. Enjoy as a dip with veggies or chips, a condiment for a sandwich wrap or sandwiches, or dressings for salad or grain bowls.
BEST CHICKPEA STEW HUMMUS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 116 per serving
- Place the first 8 ingredients onto a small saucepan. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. Remove about 3 tablespoons of cooked chickpeas from the mixture and set them aside. These will be used to top one side of the dish, for presentation.
- Keep in mind, most of the liquid will be absorbed, and that's Ok. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add in 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and tahini. Blend until well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add in 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Now, taste the mixture, and adjust seasonings. Here is where you can add in the additional tablespoon of lemon juice if desired.
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | VOGUE INDIA
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory AppetiserServings 1Total Time 15 mins See details »
FAVORITE HUMMUS RECIPE (5 MINUTES) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory CondimentCalories 79 per serving
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until desired consistency. Taste for flavor adding anything here and there that you like….garlic, lemon, salt, cumin.
- Depending on the size of your lemons or how many you used, you may like to add the extra 2 tablespoons of water for slightly thinner consistency.
- Serve with toppings of choice or plain. I have garnished here with chickpeas, sesame seeds, chopped parsley, a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of smoked paprika.
CHICKPEA HUMMUS - LOVE AND GOOD STUFF
5/5 (1)Category CondimentCuisine Middle EasternCalories 92 per serving
- Add the drained chickpeas to a pot and cover with water by a couple of inches. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the chickpeas for about 10 minutes. As they cook, remove loosened skins from the water with tongs or similar instrument.
- Gently rub handfuls of chickpeas back and forth between your palms to loosen the skins. Continue grabbing and rubbing handfuls until most of the skins have loosened.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE WITH CANNED CHICKPEAS | THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
MUSABAHA (WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS)
5/5 (1)Category Appetiser / SidedishCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 40 mins See details »
THE HIRSHON SYRIAN WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS, MUSABAHA ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
MUSABBAHA WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE - BOIS DE JASMIN
Reviews 27Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
MOROCCAN WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Cuisine MoroccanCategory Appetizers & Snacks, Condiment, DipsServings 8 See details »
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS FROM SCRATCH USING DRIED CHICKPEAS
Servings 3Total Time 12 hrs 40 minsCategory Snacks See details »
THE BEST SMOOTH HUMMUS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
See details »
MOROCCAN WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | RECIPE | VEGAN ...
See details »
MOROCCAN WHOLE CHICKPEA HUMMUS - YOGA JOURNAL
See details »
You'll also love