WITCH FINGER COOKIES
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Using about1 1/2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough between your palms into 5-inch-long fingers about 1/2-inch thick. Firmly press a sliced almond into the end of each finger to make fingernails. Make several horizontal cuts, about 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 inch long, in the center of each finger to make knuckles. Press the dough on either side of the cuts to shape the knuckles. Arrange the fingers on the prepared baking sheet and bake until light golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer the fingers to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat the jam over low heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Dip the blunt ends of the fingers in the warm jam and arrange on a platter.
You don't need a cauldron to conjure these frightening fingers. They're a sweet-and-salty treat that's spooky easy to make. -Beth Tomkiw, Chief Content Officer, Taste of Home
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip broken ends of pretzel rods in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; press a jelly bean half onto dipped end of each pretzel to resemble a fingernail. Let stand until candy coating is almost set. Using a toothpick, make lines on each pretzel to resemble knuckles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 7g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SPOOKY WITCHES' FINGERS
This is a traditional Christmas cookie recipe that we have had in our family for years. All I did was change the shape to make them look like fingers for our annual Halloween party. The cookies make a great conversation piece. My guests loved them!
Provided by Sandra
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer; gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie. Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the almond from the end of each cookie; squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 75.7 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the water, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until the butter and sugar melts. Remove pan from the heat and sift the flour into the pan. Stir the dough together with a wooden spoon. Return to the heat and stir constantly until pulls away from the sides of the pan and is slightly shiny, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a medium bowl, and beat until cooled, about 2 minutes. Add the cayenne, and whole eggs, 1 at a time, incorporating each 1 thoroughly before adding the next. Mix in the mustard and cheese.
- Put 1/4-inch plain tip in a pastry bag, and spoon the dough into the bag. Pipe 3 1/2-inch long thin finger-like shapes onto prepared pans. Beat the egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and dab or brush the tops of each witches' finger with it. Lay an almond on the end of each witches finger so that it looks like a nail, sprinkle fingers with kosher salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking until the fingers are golden brown and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes more. Cool on a rack.
People also searched
More about "witches fingers recipes"
WITCHES' FINGERS | RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.7/5 (161)Total Time 20 minsServings 45Calories 54 per serving See details »
HALLOWEEN WITCHES FINGERS - MYKIDSTIME.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
WITCHES FINGERS COOKIES RECIPE | THEBAKINGPAN.COM
See details »
WITCH FINGER COOKIES - RECIPE GIRL
Reviews 25Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add to the wet mixture and beat just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping the remainder refrigerated, roll a heaping teaspoonful of dough into a finger shape for each cookie. Press an almond firmly into 1 end to create a nail. Squeeze in the center to create a "knuckle" shape. Using a small knife, make slashes in several places to complete the look of the knuckle.
WITCHES FINGERS USING 3 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS | MARCELLINA IN ...
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory CookiesCalories 115 per serving
- Cute Witches Fingers are made by rolling out the dough and cutting finger shapes. I used a little egg white to ensure the Smartie/ M & M stuck to the dough.
WITCHES` FINGERS RECIPE | HOME CHEF WORLD
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory DessertsTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat in the egg, salt, and extracts. Stir in the flour just to combine.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of the dough into finger shapes, about 2 inches in length, and creating a bit of a knobbly knuckle about 1/3 of the way down. Place onto the baking sheets.
- Press one almond firmly into the upper third end of each "finger" to resemble a fingernail. Using a sharp knife, gently score some slashes over the knuckle to make wrinkles.
CREEPY WITCH FINGER COOKIES - SIMPLY SO GOOD
4/5 (101)Total Time 40 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 77 per serving
- In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond and vanilla extract; beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Add a few drops of green food coloring until it reaches your desired green. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press almond firmly into one end for the nail. Squeeze in center to create knuckle shape; using a paring knife or toothpick, make several places to form knuckle.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets or parchment lined baking sheets. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Lift up almond; squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back into place, so gel oozes out from underneath. Let cool. Makes about 28 large cigar size cookies. If you only use 1 teaspoon of dough, you will get about 4 dozen cookies.
WITCHES FINGERS COOKIES - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
4.9/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsCategory HolidaysCalories 156 per serving
- Using a hand held mixer, in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla and almond extract.
EASY WITCHES FINGERS RECIPE - TASTYGALAXY.COM
Cuisine AmericanCategory Snacks See details »
WITCH FINGER COOKIES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - HALLOWEEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 42 minsCategory DessertCalories 108 per serving See details »
WITCH FINGER PRETZEL RODS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (90)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dessert, CandyCalories 93 per serving See details »
BLOODY WITCHES FINGERS - READER'S DIGEST
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Hors D'oeuvres See details »
CHEDDAR WITCHES' FINGERS (SPOOKY CHEESE STRAWS) » COOK ...
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
WITCHES FINGERS FROM PIZZA DOUGH - JULIA RECIPES
Reviews 12Category Finger FoodCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
10 WAYS TO MAKE WITCHES’ FINGERS TREATS FOR HALLOWEEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
WITCH FINGERS (AWFULLY GOOD COOKIES) | RICARDO
5/5 (35)Category DessertsServings 20Total Time 32 mins See details »
EASY HALLOWEEN BREADSTICK FINGERS RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreadCalories 110 per serving See details »
WITCH FINGERS RECIPE - TASTEFULLY SIMPLE
1/5 Servings 32-34 See details »
40 EASY HALLOWEEN APPETIZERS - BEST HALLOWEEN FINGER FOOD ...
See details »
HOW TO MAKE WITCHES' FINGERS - HALLOWEEN RECIPE VIDEO ...
See details »
CHEESY WITCH FINGERS RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
See details »
WITCHES FINGERS - COOKING CIRCLE
See details »
WITCHES FINGERS 👻🎃RECIPES FOR HALLOWEEN 🎃😋 - YOUTUBE
See details »
You'll also love