TURKISH CACIK (YOGURT AND CUCUMBER DIP)
This is a great recipe for a traditional yogurt and cucumber dip or sauce, flavored with garlic and fresh mint or dill.
Provided by Saad Fayed
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl , combine the grated cucumbers and minced garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Mix in the yogurt with a wooden spoon, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with the mint or dill, and drizzle olive oil on top. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 114 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 3 g, ServingSize 16 ounces (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
TZATZIKI SAUCE -YOGURT AND CUCUMBER DIP
Drain some low-fat yogurt overnight to make this yummy cucumber dressing. This is a delicious topping for grilled chicken or meat. It's also a great dip for veggies and pita chips. Added another clove of garlic ( werewolves in Florida). Eliminated the parsley and go a little bit heavier on the fresh dill.
Provided by jslingo
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line a colander with two layers of cheesecloth and place it over a bowl. Place yogurt on the cheesecloth and cover the colander with plastic wrap. Allow yogurt to drain, 8 hours to overnight.
- Place grated cucumber in a fine mesh strainer; allow to drain 1 to 2 hours.
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate for flavors to blend, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 20.3 mg, Sugar 2 g
TZATZIKI SAUCE (YOGURT AND CUCUMBER DIP)
Drain some low-fat yogurt overnight to make this yummy cucumber dressing. This is a delicious topping for grilled chicken or meat. It's also a great dip for veggies and pita chips.
Provided by Lobbylady
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line a colander with two layers of cheesecloth and place it over a medium bowl. Place the yogurt on the cheesecloth and cover the colander with plastic wrap. Allow yogurt to drain overnight.
- Lay grated cucumber on a plate lined with paper towel; allow to drain 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 21.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 44.6 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
TURKISH YOGURT WITH CUCUMBERS AND HERBS (CACıK)
- First, whisk the yogurt and olive oil together to make a smooth mixture. Gradually whisk in the water until you get the consistency you want. Some prefer their 'cacık' watery while some like it thick. It's completely up to you.
- Next add the cucumbers, garlic, and spices and mix thoroughly until smooth. Adjust the spices to your taste.
- It is best to refrigerate your 'cacık' for a few hours before serving. Serve your ice-cold 'cacık' in small, decorative bowls. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in the center of each one. Garnish each with a small sprig of fresh mint or dill weed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 675 mg, Sugar 11 g, Fat 6 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
YOGURT AND CUCUMBER SALAD (TZATZIKI OR CACIK)
- 1. Place the shredded cucumbers in a medium bowl and toss with a few pinches of salt. Set aside for 15 minutes to draw some of the liquid out of the cucumbers.
- 2. Drain the excess liquid from the bowl of cucumbers. Add in the yogurt, vinegar, garlic, dried mint, and fresh mint. Mix well to combine. Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
KITTENCAL'S TZATZIKI (GREEK CUCUMBER AND YOGURT SALAD)
This is worth making it is so delicious! Greek yogurt is richer and thicker then regular yogurt and is the best used for this recipe, if you cannot find Greek yogurt just use 4 cups regular full-fat plain yogurt and drain it in the fridge through a triple thickness of cheesecloth for 8 hours or overnight, if you are using Greek yogurt you will not have to strain it, once you try Greek yogurt you will never go back to regular yogurt again! Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours, you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl LOL! Make certain to drain the cucumber very well for this. Serve this anyway or with anything you want to, it is great on pita. Prep time is only if you are using the Greek yogurt if you are straining the yogurt prep time will be more.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 5 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the finely chopped cucumbers in a sieve and press out as much excess liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl mix the minced garlic with the salt into a paste.
- Add in the Greek yogurt (or strained yogurt) with garlic/salt paste, add to the drained cucumbers, mint, olive oil, more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving (you won't be able to keep you spoon out of the bowl lol!).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31.9, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 237.8, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 3, Protein 1.4
More about "yogurt and cucumber salad tzatziki or cacik recipes"
TURKISH CACIK DIP WITH YOGURT & CUCUMBER - GIVE RECIPE
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE WITH YOGURT - GIVE …
TZATZIKI (LOW FAT YOGURT & CUCUMBER DIP) - ONCE …
CUCUMBER YOGURT SAUCE (CACIK OR TZATZIKI) - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 3.75Calories 25 per serving
TZATZIKI (CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD) RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCuisine GreekCalories 52 per serving
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING | FEASTING AT HOME
CUCUMBER SALAD (TZATZIKI) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CACIK TURKISH YOGURT AND CUCUMBER | RECIPE CART
TZATZIKI RECIPE - SPICE CRAVINGS
JAJIK (CUCUMBER YOGURT & MINT SALAD) - HUNGRY PAPRIKAS
TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE | EASY GREEK YOGURT AND CUCUMBER SAUCE
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING - MIRACLEOFGARLIC.COM
CUCUMBER-AND-YOGURT SALAD (TZATZIKI OR CACIK) RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
YOGHURT DIP WITH CUCUMBER AND GARLIC – OZLEM’S CACIK DIP
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT DRESSING
CACIK RECIPE (TURKISH YOGHURT WITH CUCUMBERS) - COOKING GORGEOUS
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD (TZATZIKI) - FOOD RECIPES
CACIK RECIPE TURKISH YOGURT AND CUCUMBER - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
CACIK - TURKISH CUCUMBER YOGURT SAUCE - POSH PLATE
TZATZIKI (GREEK CUCUMBER AND YOGURT SALAD) - BIGOVEN.COM
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD / CACıK | QUICK AND TASTY FOOD
CREAMY TZATZIKI CUCUMBER SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
THE BEST CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD (WITH KEFIR CHEESE)
EASY CUCUMBER YOGURT TZATZIKI RECIPE - ORGANIC AUTHORITY
JAJIK - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD- EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
GREEK YOGURT CUCUMBER SALAD - PEPPER BOWL
150 CUCUMBER AND YOGURT SALAD WITH MINT LEAVES STOCK PHOTOS
CACIK - A REFRESHING, FLAVOURFUL & LIGHT YOGHURT-BASED TURKISH …
THE BEST TZATZIKI (GREEK YOGURT SAUCE) - POSH PLATE
TURKISH CACIK YOGURT AND CUCUMBER DIP RECIPE
CUCUMBER-YOGURT SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH TAHINI-YOGURT SAUCE - ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
TZATZIKI – YOGURT AND CUCUMBER SAUCE OR SALAD - MOTHER WOULD …
YOGURT AND CUCUMBER SALAD (TZATZIKI OR CACIK) RECIPE
TZATZIKI (YOGURT CUCUMBER SAUCE) | COOK CLICK N DEVOUR!!!
CACIK - END OF THE FORK
CUCUMBER YOGURT DIP RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
YOGURT AND CUCUMBER SAUCE, SALAD, OR DIP (CACIK/TZATZIKI) RECIPE
YOGURT DILL SAUCE (SUPER CREAMY!) - FOOLPROOF LIVING
MEDITERRANEAN CUCUMBER AND YOGURT SALAD - THE NEW YORK TIMES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is cacik and tzatziki?Cucumber and yogurt just work. The Turkish cacik recipe always uses salt, olive oil, garlic, cucumber and plan yogurt. Some recipes also use vinegar, lemon juice and sumac and other herbs like dill, mint and thyme. Although tzatziki is a more familiar term, the Greek word tzatziki is derived from cacik.
How do you make tzatziki salad?Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber and Yogurt Salad) 1 cucumber Unpeeled, chopped 1 ts Salt 1 Clove garlic crushed 1/2 c olive oil 1 pt Plain yogurt 1/2 lemon, Juice of parsley To the yogurt add the cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Blend well with fork. Top with parsley. Refrigerate.
What is cucumber yogurt tzatziki?Cucumber yogurt tzatziki, a simple salad of peeled, sliced cucumbers, yogurt, dill, and salt and pepper. To accompany spicy dishes. We eat a lot of hot and spicy dishes around here; a great way to cool the palate is with the delicious combination of yogurt and cucumber.
How to make cucumber yogurt salad?Cucumber Yogurt Salad (Tzatziki) Recipe. Ingredients. 2 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, then sliced. Plain yogurt, about 1 cup. 1 teaspoon dried dill, or a couple of teaspoons of fresh dill. Sprinkling of salt and pepper.