Delicious and easy way to use zucchini!
Provided by Mary Jo
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large pot boil the zucchini until tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Combine the zucchini, onion and garlic in a 9x12 inch casserole dish, and mix well. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the mixture and stir well. Top with mozzarella cheese (use more or less depending on your preference).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 512.3 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
GARLIC PARMESAN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
This Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole is an easy side dish recipe that pairs beautifully with just about any family meal!
Provided by Blair Lonergan
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 1 ½-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes (this will help draw out some of the water from the zucchini). After 10 minutes, squeeze out the moisture from the zucchini. TIP: In order to make sure that you get most of the water out of the zucchini (and avoid a runny casserole), wrap the zucchini in a dish towel. Squeeze it and wring it out multiple times while it's in the towel -- you will be shocked by how much liquid comes out!
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, onion, garlic, eggs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese. Gently press the mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, pour melted butter over breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir until completely combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove zucchini from the oven. Sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs over the zucchini and return the dish to the oven. Continue baking for about 5-10 more minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /6 of the casserole, Calories 225 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 96 mg, Sodium 594 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g
This is for all of you "eggplant parmesan" people! And especially for those of you with an abundance of garden fresh zucchini to use up, like myself! This is delicious! I like it even better than eggplant parm now and I didn't think that were possible! And even my husband who does not like eggplant loved this!
Provided by Smabbey
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip zucchini slices in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and bake on cookie sheets drizzled with olive oil until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Put one layer of"breaded" zucchini slices on top and coat with more sauce and a generous sprinkling of both cheeses.
- Repeat this procedure to use up all the zucchini.
- Cover with tin foil and bake approximately 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is melted at 375 degrees.
This is a simple layered casserole with three elements: roasted zucchini, a really good homemade tomato sauce and Parmesan. Roasting, rather than frying the zucchini, allows you to cut down on olive oil and time.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, lunch, casseroles, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- If you have a food mill, quarter tomatoes. If not, peel, seed and chop them. (See step 5.)
- To make tomato sauce, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute, and add tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and basil sprigs. Increase heat to medium-high. When tomatoes are bubbling briskly, stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until tomatoes have cooked down and are beginning to stick to pan, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on consistency. Remove basil sprigs; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment. Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half crosswise, then into lengthwise slices, about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange zucchini slices on baking sheets in one layer and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Roast for 12 minutes, until lightly browned and easily pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- If using a food mill, put sauce through medium blade. If not, pulse sauce in a food processor fitted with steel blade until just coarsely puréed. Stir in chopped basil.
- To assemble the dish, oil a 2-quart gratin with olive oil. Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce over bottom of dish. Arrange a third of the zucchini in an even layer over tomato sauce. Spoon a third of remaining sauce over zucchini and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Drizzle on remaining tablespoon olive oil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbling and browned on the top and edges. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 206, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 862 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
PARMESAN BAKED ZUCCHINI
Two of the staples of Italian cuisine, zucchini and Parmesan cheese, team up for a recipe that's easy to make and impressive to serve. These baked "boats" are a fresh new way to serve a distinctive side dish.
Provided by By Brooke Lark
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Place zucchini halves, skin side down, on cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is light golden brown. Cool slightly. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 120 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE
Make and share this Zucchini Parmesan Casserole recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté zucchini in butter until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, red pepper, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add the zucchini and toss gently to mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and even the top.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- Melt the remaining butter, drizzle onto crumb mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle on the casserole.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
ZUCCHINI WITH PARMESAN
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and, if they are large, cut in half lengthwise. Slice the zucchini diagonally in 1/2-inch slices. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large (12-inch) saute pan and add the onions. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat, until they start to brown. Add half the zucchini, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, until just cooked through. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove to a serving platter and repeat with the rest of the zucchini. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you cook too much zucchini in one pan, you end up steaming rather than sauteing it. I prefer to cook it in 2 batches.
BAKED ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
This zucchini casserole is a quiche-like side dish. So easy and delicious! You can add ham or ground beef for a complete meal, if desired.
Provided by SWMtnTop
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, onion, bell pepper, and eggs together in a large bowl. Add zucchini, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and dot with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until zucchini is fork-tender and top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 69.6 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 342.8 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
When my garden is overflowing with zucchini, I turn to this recipe as a tasty way to use it up. - Shannon Davis, Mason, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients., Transfer to a greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 24g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 387mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "zucchini parmesan casserole recipes"
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory RecipesCalories 271 per serving
10 BEST ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PARMESAN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
PARMESAN SQUASH CASSEROLE | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI DONE IN ONLY 13 MINUTES!
EASY BAKED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - THE COZY COOK
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO PARMESAN CASSEROLE - CAN'T STAY …
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Vegetable Side Dish RecipesCalories 115 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
LAYERED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - HANDLE THE HEAT
10 BEST EGGPLANT ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
34 KETO ZUCCHINI RECIPES | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
RECIPE OF GORDON RAMSAY ZUCCHINI PARMESAN | THE US RECIPES
CHICKEN & ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE – JUST 7 INGREDIENTS
INDIVIDUAL BAKED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE - CHEFTINI
22 EASY AND TASTY ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPES BY HOME …
BASIL-PARMESAN ZUCCHINI ROLL-UPS CASSEROLE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
BAKED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN | RUSTIC FAMILY RECIPES
ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE – WELLPLATED.COM
THE BEST ZUCCHINI PARMESAN | KITCHN
GARLICKY PARMESAN ZUCCHINI BAKE - CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
BAKED ZUCCHINI RICOTTA CASSEROLE - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ZUCCHINI AND NEW POTATO CASSEROLE - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN & RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE | MONCHEF
CRISPY PARMESAN GARLIC CHICKEN WITH ZUCCHINI
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
DIVINE LOW CARB ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CASSEROLE | MYKETOHOME
EASY BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH CASSEROLE FOR SUMMER …
ZUCCHINI CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE - FOOD WINE SUNSHINE
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN EGG CASSEROLE - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
EASY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE WITH PARMESAN - FOODIECRUSH.COM
TOP 50 BAKED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE-RECIPES
ZUCCHINI RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE (WITH PANKO TOPPING) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN [VEGAN] - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
PARMESAN ZUCCHINI SQUARES RECIPE WITH BISQUICK - THESE OLD …
EGGPLANT PARMESAN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - CULINARY HILL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #casseroles #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #oven #vegetarian #cheese #eggs #stove-top #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #onions #peppers #squash #taste-mood #savory #equipment
You'll also love