CRANBERRY-STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
I combine two of fall's best foods in this recipe. The pretty, fresh-tasting filling makes this an extra-special side dish.-Jim Ulberg, Elk Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes., Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, walnuts, butter and orange zest. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Stuff with cranberry mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 90mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH APPLES AND CRANBERRIES
Nutty, savory, tart, and sweet... This acorn squash makes a great autumn side dish that's even better the next day, and perfect for Thanksgiving! Serve with roasted chicken or turkey. This can also be tossed with white or brown rice for a complete meal.
Provided by All.Around.The.Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash into a large pot of boiling water; boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer squash to a large bowl of ice cold water and set aside until cool enough to handle, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel squash along the ridges using a vegetable peeler, then use a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon to dig out peel in the valleys of the squash. Slice squash in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut remaining squash into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine squash, apples, celery, onion, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add to squash mixture and toss well to combine. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Add water and dot the top with butter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until squash is fork-tender, about 1 hour. Add some liquid halfway through to prevent drying out, if necessary. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.2 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 185 mg, Sugar 23 g
CRANBERRY SAUCE FOR ACORN SQUASH
This recipe has been passed around the family for years. A pretty cranberry sauce replaces plain brown sugar as a topping for acorn squash. The squash may be cooked more quickly in the microwave by cooking it on high 5 minutes, cutting it in half, removing the seeds and cooking another 5 minutes, or until tender.
Provided by Crabpot
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- On a medium baking sheet, place the squash halves cut side up. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the brown sugar, white sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix the cranberries and port into the saucepan. Cook until the cranberriess begin to burst, about 5 minutes. Spoon the cranberries into the squash halves and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.5 calories, Carbohydrate 79.9 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 15.7 mg, Sugar 51.7 g
ACORN SQUASH ROASTED WITH APPLESAUCE
I finally found a squash recipe that DH likes and enjoyed. This is so simple, revised to suit our taste, from Chef Micheal Smith, my favourite TV chef.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Cut squash in half, crossways, scrape out the seeds. Spray baking dish with veggie spray. Place skin side down, cut side up in baking dish.
- Put 1 teaspoon of butter in each half of squash, sprinkle each half with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Fill each squash half with 1/2 cup applesauce, top with remaining butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Pour water around squash.
- Roast on middle rack of oven for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and caramalized.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 20.1, Sodium 401.6, Carbohydrate 48, Fiber 4.8, Protein 2.1
BAKED CRANBERRY ACORN SQUASH
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place cut side down in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn cut side up.
- Combine remaining ingredients; fill squash with fruit mixture. Continue baking for 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.2, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 32.7, Carbohydrate 39.5, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 15.3, Protein 1.8
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY STUFFING
If you have squash or cranberry lovers at the table, here's your new go-to recipe. It's colorful, the blend of flavors is delicious and it's a fitting addition to a Thanksgiving menu. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of squash halves so they sit flat. Place squash hollow side down in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add 1/2 in. water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the apple, salt, lemon juice and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook and stir until berries pop and liquid is syrupy. , Turn squash halves over; fill with cranberry mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 367mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Cranberry Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, orange and apple pieces. Add water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add cinnamon and ginger; simmer until mixture is soft. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Squash: 1) Slice squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and slice a tiny bit off the bottoms of the squash so it will sit on the plate later. 2) Place squash halves cut side down in a glass dish in 1/8-inch water. 3) Prick the skin of the squash with a fork several times. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on size of the squash. Squash is done when a fork pierces the skin easily. 4) Stuff the cranberry mixture into the squash cavity. Microwave another minutes.
More about "acorn squash with cranberry sauce recipes"
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH SLICES WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE
Ratings 5Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Set acorn squash on a cutting board on its side. Cut it in half with a large chef knife or meat cleaver. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membrane, and then cut the squash into 1" wide strips.
- Add butter (or coconut oil) and 2 TB maple syrup to a small bowl, and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the butter is softened. Stir them together.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the squash on the baking sheet, and then brush the butter and syrup mixture over the squash. Make sure to cover both sides of the squash.
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE - PALEO GRUBS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ACORN SQUASH WITH ORANGE-CRANBERRY SAUCE | BETTER …
5/5 (6)Calories 328 per servingTotal Time 6 hrs 15 mins
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1-inch-thick wedges. Arrange squash in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, marmalade, raisins, and cinnamon; heat and stir until smooth. Pour over squash pieces in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH & RED WINE CRANBERRY SAUCE - HOT FOR ...
5/5 (1)Category Main Course
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the acorn squashes in half. Scoop out the seeds and flesh and save the seeds to make a toasted garnish (instructions to follow).
- Melt vegan butter and mix with maple syrup. Brush the mixture onto each half of the fleshy part of the squash. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- You'll use about half the melted butter mixture to coat the squash and you'll want to have some left for the seeds and to cook the stuffing. Bake the squash, flesh side up in a dish or on a foiled baking sheet for 40 minutes until soft and golden brown. You'll want to baste the squash with a brush half way through baking with the butter pooled in the middle.
- Toss the seeds in 2 teaspoons of the melted butter and maple syrup mixture and add a little sea salt and ground black pepper to taste. Put them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake them in the oven alongside the squash for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until brown and toasted.
APPLE CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 2Total Time 55 mins
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH DOUBLE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY RECIPE ...
Total Time 50 minsCalories 180 per serving
- Place squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Tip each wedge onto its side. Roast, turning once halfway, until browned and tender, 30 to 40 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mustard seeds in a saucepan over medium heat. When the seeds begin to pop, add shallot; cook, stirring, until soft, 1 to 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the spices, then add cranberries, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in dried cranberries.
BAKED ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - JAMIE GELLER
Cuisine AmericanCategory Vegetable Side, Side Dish, Dinner, BrunchServings 4Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan or baking dish with canola oil cooking spray.
- In the baking dish, stir together cranberries, zest, juice, and canola oil. Place squash pieces cut-side down on top of cranberry mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, or until tender crisp when pierced with a fork. Turn each piece to other cut-side down. Bake uncovered another 15 minutes, or until squash is tender.
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH STUFFED WITH CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS
Category Main CourseEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add the cranberries, walnuts, and brown sugar, orange juice and honey together in a large bowl, then mix together until evenly coated.
ACORN SQUASH PASTA SAUCE (VEGETARIAN) - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCategory Meal PrepCalories 175 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Place squash + onions on a baking sheet or oven-safe pan in a single layer. With squash flesh-side up, drizzle oil over squash and onions. Sprinkle with salt, paprika, chili flakes and nutmeg. Place squash flesh-side down.Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- After cooking, carefully scoop the squash out of the peel. (You may need to allow the squash to cool down for a few minutes.)Add half the vegetables and all the milk to a blender basin. Blend until creamy. Add the remaining veggies and blend again.
- Add butter to a large pan and melt over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until it is completely absorbed by the butter.
- Add the puréed squash to the pan with the butter. Cook over medium heat for about two minutes, stirring often, and then remove from heat. Stir in the vinegar.Serve immediately along with fresh pasta or refrigerate and use within four days.
GINGERED ACORN SQUASH WITH SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE ...
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD ...
Servings 6Total Time 40 minsCategory Sides to ShareCalories 224 per serving
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE WITH WALNUTS AND CRANBERRIES
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 8Calories 144 per serving
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY FILLING RECIPE
4/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 8Calories 266 per serving
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRIES - RECIPE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY FILLING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TURKEY-STUFFED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BAKED ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY HORSERADISH SAUCE
ACORN SQUASH WITH ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH QUINOA PATTIES WITH CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE
10 BEST CROCK POT ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BAKED CRANBERRY-AND-WALNUT-STUFFED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook squash and cranberries in the oven?Directions. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, walnuts, butter and orange zest. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Stuff with cranberry mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
What is the best way to cook acorn squash?We love this roasted acorn squash recipe. It’s easy. Simply cut the squash into wedges the brush with olive oil and season with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bake for about 1 hour then serve the roasted squash with a mixture of melted butter, walnuts and cranberries spooned on top.
How to cook squash and Apple squash?Cut a thin slice from the bottom of squash halves so they sit flat. Place squash hollow side down in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add 1/2 in. water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the apple, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
How to cook squash on the stove top?Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, walnuts, butter and orange zest. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up.