GARLIC, SPINACH, AND CHICKPEA SOUP
This exciting combination of ingredients is easy to make! Garbanzo beans, spinach, and potatoes are blended in a richly spiced, creamy vegetable broth base.
Provided by Dale Penny
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and stir in garlic and onion. Cook until tender. Season with cumin and coriander.
- Mix vegetable stock and potatoes into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in the garbanzo beans, and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, blend the heavy cream, tahini, and corn meal. Mix into the soup.
- Stir spinach into the soup. Season with cayenne pepper and salt. Continue to cook until spinach is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.8 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 54.3 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 440.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH SPINACH AND CHICKPEAS
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, sun-dried tomato, dill, and garlic; cook and stir until onions start to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, increase heat to medium high, and cook until spinach begins to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in sherry and cook until most liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, chickpeas, and 1 cup of the vegetable broth; cook for about 5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in couscous, and cover until couscous absorbs all the liquid, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.2 calories, Carbohydrate 74.6 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 14.7 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 666.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by thegallofamily
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until garlic is lightly browned. 2. Blend peanut butter and 1/2 cup broth in food processor to make smooth paste. Blend remaining broth into mixture. 3. Add paprika, coriander and cayenne to onion mixture, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in peanut butter mixture, chickpeas and tomatoes. Simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in spinach just before serving.
More about "african chickpea and spinach soup recipe 45"
CHICKPEAS AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory SoupServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Dice onion and all other veggies. Heat oil in a deep pot, add onion and saute for 5 minutes till onion are soft and translucent.
- Now, add vegetable stock, 2 cups of water, bring to boil. Add chickpeas and simmer for about 8-10 minutes till chickpeas are done to your liking.
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 257 per servingCategory Soups & Stews
SPINACH-CHICKPEA SOUP RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 319 per serving
CHICKPEAS SOUP WITH SPINACH | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
Cuisine CuisineCategory Recipes , SoupsServings 5Total Time 45 mins
NORTH AFRICAN CHICKPEA SOUP (LABLABI) - VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Cuisine TunisianServings 4-6
AFRICAN PEANUT, CHICKPEA, AND SWEET POTATO SOUP
Reviews 1Servings 6Cuisine AfricanCategory Soup
- Warm the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, 5 minutes. Add the red bell pepper, sea salt, pepper, coriander, and chili flakes or cayenne. Cook a few minutes more to soften the red bell pepper and brown the spices.
- Next, add the diced sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, 2 cups of the broth, and the chickpeas. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender.
- Whisk the peanut butter with the remaining 1 cup of broth in a bowl until smooth. Stir this into the soup. At this point, add more broth if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Finally, stir in the collards or kale and coconut sugar. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the collards or kale are bright green.
NORTH AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND KALE SOUP - FATFREE VEGAN RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 199 per serving
- Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and carrot and cook over medium-high heat until the onion begins to brown (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the spices, including bay leaves and cinnamon stick, and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the chickpeas and stir to coat them with the spices. Pour in the 8 cups of vegetable stock, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale and stir. If necessary add water to cover the kale and cook until it is tender, about 10-25 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your kale. Check frequently to see if it is becoming dry and add water as needed. Add salt to taste and serve.
GHANAIAN SPINACH STEW WITH CHICKPEAS (VEGAN) | THE ...
5/5 (15)Total Time 40 minsCategory Soups & StewsCalories 125 per serving
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for around 8 minutes until the onions start to brown a little and it has released a nice aroma. Stirring occasionally.
CHICKPEA SOUP WITH CHICKEN AND SPINACH | THE COZY APRON
Reviews 16Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Set a soup pot over medium-high heat, and drizzle in about 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil; once hot, add in the diced onion, carrot and celery, plus a couple of pinches of salt and pepper; saute for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in the garlic, along with the cumin, coriander and pinch of cayenne pepper, and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds to a minute; add in the tomato paste and stir to incorporate.
- Add in 1 of the cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), along with the chicken stock, and bring to the boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer the soup for 20 minutes, just until the veggies are soft.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender (or you can even use a blender, just work in batches), blend the soup until fairly smooth; then, add in the remaining can of (drained and rinsed) chickpeas, the diced tomatoes, shredded chicken, spinach leaves, parsley, cilantro and mint, and stir together just until the spinach wilts; check to see if any additional salt/pepper is needed, and perhaps even a little squeeze of lemon.
SPICED MOROCCAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE ...
5/5 (98)Category DinnerServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, celery, carrots and a pinch of salt, cover and cook for 8 minutes over a medium heat. Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, giant couscous and 1.1 litres of freshly boiled water. Season, cover with a lid and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the couscous is tender but still with a little bite to it, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the spinach. Replace the lid and let it wilt into the soup. Check the seasoning, ladle into bowls to serve and scatter with the herbs. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a grinding of black pepper if you wish.
CHICKPEA, SPINACH AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - OFRECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 50 secsTotal Time 20 mins
- Place the whole chickpeas, pureed beans, lemon juice, tomatoes, spinach, and the chili flakes into a large saucepan, stir and bring to a simmer.
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA, CARROT, AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE - MOLLY ...
3/5 Category Soup Recipes, Vegetarian SoupServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid. Taste chickpea liquid to determine if you want to use it for the soup; it should have a mild flavor and no off taste. Pour into a quart-size measuring cup, and add enough water to equal 1 quart. If the bean liquid doesn't taste right to you, discard it, and measure 1 quart cool water. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot or medium Dutch oven over medium. When shimmering, add carrots. Cook; stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until onions are golden in spots, about 10 minutes. Push onion mixture to one side of pan; add garlic, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to empty side of pan. Cook, stirring spice mixture constantly, until fragrant and spices coat bottom of pan, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas, reserved 1 quart of bean liquid and water, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt to pan. Partially cover, and bring to a simmer over medium. Reduce heat to low, and gently simmer, partially covered, until chickpeas and carrots are very tender but chickpeas still hold their shape, about 30 minutes. (You should have about 5 1/2 cups of the cooked bean mixture. If needed, add additional water to equal 5 1/2 cups.)
- Transfer 1 cup chickpea mixture to a blender, taking care to get a good mix of solids and liquid. Process until smooth, about 40 seconds; return to pan. Return the soup to a gentle simmer over medium.
LEBLEBI (NORTH AFRICAN CHICKPEA STEW) | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (8)Category SoupCuisine MoroccanTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins
- Dissolve the 3 tablespoons of salt into 4 quarts of water. Add the chickpeas and soak for 8 to 24 hours. Drain, rinse and place in a pot with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover with water by three inches. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook at the gentlest simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chickpeas are cooked through. Let the chickpeas cool in their cooking liquid. Store the chickpeas in their cooking liquid.
- Heat a soup pot over high heat. Add the oil, then the onion and a pinch of salt. Stir, turn the heat to low, and cover the pot. Check and stir after a few minutes, letting the moisture on the lid drip back into the pot to keep things steamy. Lower the heat if there is any browning going on, and re-cover. Cook like this until the onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, pepper flakes, cilantro and garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add 6 cups of the cooked chickpeas and enough of their cooking liquid to cover by 2 inches, raise the heat, and bring to a boil. (You’ll need about 4 cups liquid total: all of the cooking liquid, which was 3 cups plus 1 cup extra water — the chickpeas may not be covered by 2 inches, but it will be fine.) Season with salt to taste — I always add another teaspoon, but you may want to start with 1/2 a teaspoon and add more to taste.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Put 2 ladles of soup in a blender or food mill and purée — careful: it’s hot. (I used an immersion blender and puréed partially.) Return to the soup pot and stir in to thicken the leblebi slightly. Taste for seasonings and add water or any reserved cooking liquid if it’s too thick. Note: When reheating, you most likely will need to add water to achieve desired consistency.
AFRICAN CHICKPEA SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrsServings 8
QUINOA CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP - MAKING THYME FOR HEALTH
5/5 (36)Category Dinner, SoupCuisine AmericanPublished 2020-02-05
SPINACH & CHICKPEA SOUP - CLEAN GREEN SIMPLE
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
AFRICAN TOMATO & PEANUT SOUP RECIPE WITH SWEET POTATO ...
Reviews 31Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
RED LENTIL AND CHICKPEA SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE 45
TOFU SPINACH RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP | RECIPE | GINGER SPICE ...
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE ...
VEGAN AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE - SNUK ...
CHICKPEA SOUP WITH SPINACH RECIPES
CHICKEN AND CHICKPEA SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
AFRICAN CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SOUP | BLACK BEAN STEW, BEAN ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chickpeas and spinach soup?Put the drained chickpeas in a large soup pot with the leeks, celery, carrot, bay leaves, and ½ teaspoon of the -red–pepper flakes. Add 8 quarts of cold water, and bring to a rapid simmer. Partially cover, and cook until the chickpeas are almost tender, about 1½ hours. Add the spinach and salt.
How do you make spinach and chickpeas salad?Wilt spinach in a large pot over medium heat. Once it is wilted down remove & set aside. In the same pot, heat onion & garlic over medium heat until softened and slightly brown, about 7-8 minutes. Add chickpeas, broth, lemon juice, tahini, salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Once it is heated through, blend thoroughly until creamy and serve.
What can I substitute for chickpeas in a soup?Black-eyed peas can replace the chickpeas, if desired. For a lighter soup, the rice can be omitted. In a medium stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and chili; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
What is the best way to cook chickpeas and tomatoes?Add the onion, bell pepper, and chili; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add the broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, curry powder, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.