ORANGE, WALNUT, GORGONZOLA AND MIXED GREENS SALAD WITH FRESH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
A tasty summery salad made with fresh oranges, red onions, glazed walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese, then topped with a homemade citrus vinaigrette! Easy and delicious!
Provided by FAITHFUL96
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, salad greens, oranges, and red onion.
- In a large jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Seal jar, and shake to mix.
- Divide the salad greens mixture into individual servings. To serve, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese, and drizzle with the dressing mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Cholesterol 7.5 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 127.8 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH WHOLE CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- Juice the lemons, orange, and shallot in a juice extractor. Put the juices in a bowl and whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream to form an emulsion. Season with the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Whisk again, cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You should have about 2 cups.
- Just before serving, place the greens in a salad bowl, add about 1/2 cup vinaigrette, and toss well. Add more to taste and adjust the seasoning. Finish the salad with a sprinkling of cocoa nibs to taste.
- Variation for Blender: Use 3 lemons, 2 small oranges, 1 shallot, 1 teaspoon gray salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 cups pure olive oil. Cut off and discard the stem ends of 2 lemons and 1 orange. Cut into quarters, cut out the core, and remove seed. Place in a blender. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon and orange; add to the blender with the shallot, salt, and pepper. Pulse and then blend the fruit until as smooth as possible. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream. The vinaigrette will be thick like a mayonnaise. If it is too thick, with the machine still on, thin with a little hot water. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. If the vinaigrette separates, return it to the blender and blend until smooth again. Makes about 3 cups.
VINAIGRETTE FOR GREEN SALAD
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Place the salad greens in a medium bowl and add enough dressing to moisten. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- For the vinaigrette:
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, and honey in a medium bowl until combined. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- For the salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; prepare a large bowl of ice water and a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook until crisp tender, 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider and immediately plunge into the ice water until chilled, then use slotted spoon to transfer asparagus to baking sheet to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, cucumber, avocado, basil, dill, and blanched asparagus. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side.
SIMPLE GREEN SALAD WITH A CLASSIC VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Martina McBride
Yield 2 to 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk together the vinegar, shallots, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until smooth.
- Add the radishes, tomatoes, green onions and avocado and toss to combine. Then add the lettuce on top.
- When ready to serve, toss the dressing and other vegetables with the lettuce to coat.
MIXED CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
This is a delightful alternative to ordinary salad dressings. Works well with many types of salads ingredients like greens, vegetables, and fruits.
Provided by Alex99
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together the vinegar, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and lemon juice. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Add the walnuts and Romano cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 45 calories, Carbohydrate 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 9.3 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
THREE GREENS AND FRUIT WITH VINAIGRETTE
Use Bosc pears in this crisp green salad. It's great to serve during the cool weather months, and is a beautiful addition to any holiday table!
Provided by MARIA GEE
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, onion, sugar, salt, hot sauce, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the walnuts, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, mix the walnuts, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, spinach, and pears. Toss with the dressing mixture to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 8.4 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 203.9 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
GREEN SALAD WITH CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 10.6 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 405.1 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
ARUGULA SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
Arugula is a delicious alternative to lettuce, and the citrus juice dressing is a delicious alternative to heavier store bought dressings. A lovely precursor to most meals, or a great stand-alone in the summer. Garnish with walnuts or sunflower seeds, if you like.
Provided by JEANNETTE777
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt. Shake vigorously.
- In a salad bowl, combine arugula, pear, and red pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.8 g, Fat 19.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 158.7 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS DRESSING
- For the dressing: in a blender, combine juice, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, frisee, and radicchio with dressing; season with more salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 2 g
LOBSTER SALAD WITH GREENS AND CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Plunge lobsters into water headfirst, and simmer, covered, for 11 minutes. (Do not let water boil.) Transfer lobsters to ice-water bath using tongs. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, zests and juices, mustard, shallot, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Crack lobster claws, knuckles, and tails, and remove meat. Slice tail meat 1/2 inch thick, and leave claws and knuckles whole.
- Combine lobster, greens, tomato, and tarragon. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Garnish with tarragon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 g, Cholesterol 82 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 625 g
GREEN SALAD WITH BASIC VINAIGRETTE
- Clean lettuces by swishing them through a large bowl or sink filled with cool water. After you swish the greens, they will rise to the surface; the sand and sediment will fall to the bottom of the bowl or sink. Once the sand and sediment are washed away, lift greens from water and transfer to a salad spinner; spin until dry.
- Tear lettuces into bite-sized pieces. If you aren't going to use the greens immediately, wrap them in a clean kitchen towel, transfer to a plastic bag, and refrigerate.
- Next, make the vinaigrette. Combine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar if using, in a small jar; shake to blend. Add oil, and shake again until emulsified.
- For best results, use four parts greens to one part dressing and three parts oil to one part acid (vinegar, citrus juice, or a combination of both).
SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- Prepare the vinaigrette: Place shallots, vinegar, citrus juice, and salt in a small bowl. Let shallots macerate for 30 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil. In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuces, citrus, beets, herbs, avocado, and the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
- TIP: To turn this into an entree top with scallops, chicken or fish.
MIXED GREENS SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
This is the kind of salad that doesn't require much work but looks super-pretty on the table. It's great for everything from brunch to an easy dinner party. You start off with a simple base of mixed greens (pick your fave!), then toss in handfuls of fresh blueberries, mandarin segments (or any kind of sweet citrus) and crunchy spiced nuts (again, any kind you like). The dressing is an easy vinaigrette that gets a special touch from orange juice. You'll have extra dressing you can refrigerate for another day.
Provided by Alejandra Ramos
Yield 2 to 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the dressing by blending the orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until very smooth. Place the greens, blueberries and citrus segments in a large salad bowl. Add dressing to taste and toss until evenly coated. (You will have extra dressing.) Garnish with the nuts and serve immediately.
More about "all green salad with citrus vinaigrette recipes"
MIXED GREENS AND CITRUS SALAD WITH CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE
FARMHOUSE SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - HEALTHY DELICIOUS
WINTER SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
FRESH GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD
Servings 8Total Time 30 mins
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest with the lemon juice and orange zest. Squeeze the juice from the zested orange into the bowl. Whisk in the mustard and olive oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and bitter white pith from the remaining 2 oranges and the grapefruits. Working over a plate, cut between the membranes to release the segments.
- In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the chopped parsley and the citrus vinaigrette; season the salad with salt and pepper. Add the citrus segments to the greens and serve right away.
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - SENIORMANIA.COM
SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE AND SUGARED PECANS - RECIPE GIRL
BASIC GREEN SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPRING GREENS WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
WINTER SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - THE SEASONED MOM
CHRISTMAS SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE | ELLA CLAIRE & CO
10+ EASY CITRUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
MIXED GREENS AND CITRUS SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT-THYME VINAIGRETTE
FRESH WINTER GREENS AND CITRUS SALAD RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
GREEN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE - RICARDO CUISINE
WINTER GREENS SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE | LOVE & ZEST
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE | SIDE SALAD RECIPES ...
GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS FETA VINAIGRETTE - NOCRUMBSLEFT
FRESH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE -VIT C LOADED! - SALADS WITH ANASTASIA
GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE- WIKIFOODHUB
WINTER GREENS SALAD WITH FENNEL, CITRUS, AND CREAMY CITRUS …
WINTER SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
CITRUS VINAIGRETTE (EASY SALAD DRESSING) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE IN 2021 | CITRUS ...
MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH WHOLE CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - OLIVE U NATURALLY
10 BEST GREEN SALAD WITH CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREENS & ROOTS SALAD WITH CITRUS-WALNUT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
ALL-GREEN SALAD WITH ARUGULA, SPINACH, LEMON VINAIGRETTE AND
SIMPLE GREEN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | MINIMALIST BAKER …
GREEN SALAD INGREDIENT - THERESCIPES.INFO
FAMOUS FRENCH GREEN SALAD WITH FRENCH VINAIGRETTE
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE | CITRUS VINAIGRETTE ...
GARDEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ALL GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make grapefruit salad?In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt. Shake vigorously. In a salad bowl, combine arugula, pear, and red pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss to coat.
How do I prepare vinaigrette and salad?To prepare vinaigrette, combine the first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. To prepare salad, combine zucchini and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss well.
What is the best salad dressing recipe?For the dressing: in a blender, combine juice, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream until emulsified. In a large bowl, toss arugula, frisee, and radicchio with dressing; season with more salt and pepper.
How do you make a walnut salad?Place the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, salad greens, oranges, and red onion. In a large jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Divide the salad greens mixture into individual servings.