MY FAVORITE ALBACORE TUNA SALAD
My recipe for Albacore tuna salad. NOTE: Recipe requires one large 12-ounce can solid white Albacore tuna.
Provided by The Spice Guru
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- DRAIN 12 ounces solid white Albacore tuna; SET aside.
- CHOP all SALAD ingredients to specifications.
- WHISK the following DRESSING ingredients in a medium bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- STIR in the tuna; BREAK up tuna with a fork until desired consistency is reached (I like mine slightly chunky).
- FOLD in remaining SALAD ingredients until mixture is evenly blended (1/3 cup diced celery, 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles (Mt. Olive Zesty Garlic Dills), 2 tablespoons minced fresh baby dill, 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, 1 tablespoon snipped green onion tops, 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley, and 2 teaspoons imported non-pariel capers).
- SERVE on your favorite bread, or serve on a bed of lettuce, with vine-ripened tomatoes, ripe avocado, and a light Italian vinaigrette, garnished with a whole black olive and a sprig of fresh dill or parsley if desired; ENJOY!
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD
As far as albacore tuna recipes go, this one's my favorite! Sweet apples, golden raisins, celery, nuts, tuna and a tropical taste of pineapple add up to a simply wonderful salad. And leftovers are as delicious as the first bite. Sometimes I substitute grapes for the raisins. -Barbara Moravek, Jay, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, tuna, apple, celery, raisins and almonds. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice; stir into tuna mixture. Spread on bread or serve on lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts :
THE BEST TUNA SALAD
While we love many kinds of tuna salad, this classic version tops them all. The crispy celery and red onion give add zest and crunch, while mayonnaise and touch of mustard marry it all together. The lemon juice is optional as it's not traditional, but we strongly recommend it to brighten up the flavors of the final dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork. Toss with the celery, onion and parsley. Add the mayonnaise, mustard and season with pepper, to taste. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice, to taste, if using.
AMAZINGLY GOOD AND HEALTHY TUNA SALAD
This recipe is tweaked from one I found. It is so good, my husband, who is a very picky eater, often requests this! Enjoy and pat yourself on the back for eating a healthy meal.
Provided by Lisa Keith Lewandosky Kalmerto
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix tuna, cranberries, apple, mayonnaise, green onion, sea salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put 2 cups spinach on each of 2 plates. Top spinach with about half the tuna salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 24.1 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 341.6 mg, Sugar 17.7 g
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION BEST ALBACORE TUNA SALAD
Lately I have been into recipes from the American heart association because of my bad heart. This one is great for lunch or a snack
Provided by GingerlyJ
Yield 2 cups, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingridients and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.3, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 19.9, Sodium 261.9, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1, Protein 10.7
BARBIE'S TUNA SALAD
This is a really great tuna salad recipe I got from a friend who used it in her catering service business many years ago. The secret ingredients are the curry and Parmesan cheese! Odd combinations but this makes a terrific tuna sandwich! She used it for an appetizer with gourmet crackers and people always wanted her recipe. I have never tasted another tuna salad quite like this one, and it has been my favorite recipe for tuna salad for many, many years.
Provided by TANAQUIL
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, relish, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with parsley, dill, curry powder, and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Cholesterol 23.7 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 254.6 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
More about "amazing albacore tuna salad recipes"
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD – MY RECIPE REVIEWS
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Soups, Stews, And SaladsCalories 341 per serving
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until cool, then serve on your favorite bread or or on lettuce leaves.
10 BEST FRESH ALBACORE TUNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPINACH AND ALBACORE TUNA SALAD - STARKIST
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE | NESTLé PROFESSIONAL
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD - WAITROSE
ALBACORE TUNA NIçOISE SALAD - FRESH EXPRESS
BEST ALBACORE TUNA CRUDO WITH FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD AND
BEST ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THE BEST TUNA SALAD (FROM CANNED) AND 3 WAYS TO SERVE IT
BUNK'S OREGON ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
ASIAN STYLE SALAD WITH OCEAN NATURALS® ALBACORE SOLID TUNA
AWESOME TUNA SALAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
FRESHEN UP YOUR TUNA SALAD RECIPE WITH FRESH TUNA STEAKS
ALBACORE TUNA MIXED GREEN SALAD RECIPE - COOKING WITH RUTHIE
CLASSIC TUNA SALAD - THE CHUNKY CHEF
FRESH ALBACORE AL'S TUNA SALAD - INSTRUCTABLES
OUR FAVORITE TUNA SALAD - INSPIREDTASTE.NET
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE FOR TUNA FISH SANDWICH - BEST RECIPE BOX
ALBACORE TUNA & VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE - HIDDEN VALLEY
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD WITH APPLES, CELERY, AND RED ONION
GRILLED TUNA SALAD WITH FRESH ALBACORE TUNA STEAKS | GIRLS CAN GRILL
BUNK'S OREGON ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WILD ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE WITH EGGS - SAY GRACE
WHITE ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - CREATION GIRL - MARNIE KUHNS
ALBACORE TUNA AND WHITE BEAN SALAD - HOW TO FEED A LOON
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE - EASY & HEALTHY - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
AMAZING ALBACORE TUNA SALAD
HIGH’S ALBACORE TUNA SALAD - HIGHMADEFOOD.COM
AMAZING ALBACORE TUNA SALAD | RECIPE | TUNA SALAD, ALBACORE TUNA, …
SORGHUM AND ALBACORE TUNA SALAD WITH PRESERVED LEMON
AMAZING ALBACORE TUNA SALAD | RECIPE | RECIPES, TASTY DISHES, …
ALBACORE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AMAZING TUNA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
TUNA CHOPPED SALAD - GARNISH & GLAZE
AVOCADO TUNA SALAD RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SMOKED ALBACORE TUNA & FARRO SALAD - JENNIFER BUSHMAN
ALBACORE TUNA RECIPES CANNED - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED FRESH ALBACORE TUNA RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THE BEST HEALTHY TUNA SALAD - HUMMUSAPIEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How much albacore tuna do I need for a salad?AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE DRAIN 12 ounces solid white Albacore tuna; SET aside. CHOP all SALAD ingredients to specifications.
How do you make tuna salad with mayonnaise?In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper (add the salt in 1/2 teaspoon increments, to taste). Add the mayo mixture to the tuna mixture, and using a large wooden spoon, stir the salad to fully incorporate all ingredients.
How to cook tuna and pickled onions?Instructions Place the red onions in a small bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. In a large bowl, add the drained tuna, pickled onions, cranberries, celery, capers, dill and parsley. In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper (add the salt in 1/2 teaspoon increments, to taste).
How to cook tuna tuna with lemon juice?The lemon juice is optional as it’s not traditional, but we strongly recommend it to brighten up the flavors of the final dish. In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork. Toss with the celery, onion and parsley. Add the mayonnaise, mustard and season with pepper, to taste.