- Combine ingredients; simmer until thickened about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir frequently as it thickens to prevent sticking.
- Pour boiling hot mixture into hot pint jars leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Adjust caps and then process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Note: For milder chutney an additional 1 quart of apples may be added.
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE
A delicious & fragrant relish made with apples, spices & vinegar. Serve it over bread, parathas, tortillas, snacks & even with grilled meat dishes.
Provided by Swasthi
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rinse the apples well under running water and peel them. Chop them finely. You can also use a chopper.
- Pour oil or ghee to a hot pan or pot. Add the spices - cloves, star anise & cinnamon.
- When they begin to sizzle add the ginger & let it fry for a minute. Then lower the flame and quickly stir the red chilli.
- Add apples, sugar, cumin powder, fennel powder, pepper and vinegar.
- Stir and cook covered on a low heat until the apples turn tender.
- Then open the lid and cook further until almost all the liquid evaporates.
- Mash a small portion of this mixture with the spatula to give a thicker texture to the apple chutney.
- Turn off the stove when most of the excess moisture evaporates. (refer video or pics below)
- Cool the apple chutney completely and store it in a clean dry glass jar. It keeps good for several months if you keep it in a dry shelf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 kcal, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 14 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 22 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Combine ingredients and simmer Put all of the ingredients (chopped apples, onion, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, orange zest, grated ginger, cinnamon) into a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Heat on high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer off excess liquid Uncover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes more to cook off any excess liquid. Remove from heat and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 2 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 0 g, ServingSize Makes about 2 cups, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
ENGLISH APPLE CHUTNEY
So good I ate a whole jar in a matter of days! A great way to use sour cooking apples if you have an apple tree in your garden. Its quite simple to make so don't be put off by the long list of ingredients. Granny smith apples work well but don't try and use other common eating varieties of apple as it just won't work. Date syrup is available in larger supermarkets and middle eastern or asian stores, you could use brown sugar but date syrup adds a deeper note that I think makes it special. The result is a mellow, smooth chutney that you could never buy in any store.
Provided by robd16
Yield 7 jars
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Before preparing the apples put everything else into a medium size pan and bring to the boil, stir well then lower heat to simmer.
- Grate apples onto a plate in order to catch juice (no need to peel) and place into a large pan, discarding the apple cores.
- Once finished add everything that's on the boil in the medium pan to the large pan with the apples in it.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer until thick and dark brown, approx 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring from time to time and making sure it doesn't stick especially towards the end. Chutney is ready when it has reduced by approx 1/3.
- Remove bay leaf, star anise and chilli(s) if using and jar immediately whilst still hot.
- Will keep for 1 month in the fridge or can be processed and canned for over 1 year (see home page and look for the canning link).
- Try adding a spoonful to stews and gravies or blend equal parts tomato puree with chutney in a food processor and put into squeezy bottles for a fruity ketchup the kids will love. Cheese on toast never tasted better so try mixing with grated cheese and grill until the cheese bubbles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331.1, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 1516.7, Carbohydrate 84.9, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 69.9, Protein 1.9
APPLE CHUTNEY CHOPS
When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful pork and apple chutney recipe. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. -Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chutney.
Nutrition Facts :
CLASSIC APPLE CHUTNEY
Serve this classic chutney with roast crackling pork for a change from apple sauce
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Makes about 1 litres/1¾ pints
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all the ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium heat, then simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, for 30-40 mins, or until thick and pulpy. Remove from the heat, leave to cool and transfer to sterilised, clean, dry jars and seal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.17 milligram of sodium
SPICY APPLE CHUTNEY
Provided by Food Network
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Peel apples and cut into quarters. Remove cores, roughly chop, and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add mustard seeds, cover and cook until popping stops. Reduce heat and add onion, red bell pepper, and salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Stir in garlic, serrano chile, ginger, and allspice, and cook an additional minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, including reserved apples. Cook, uncovered, over moderate heat, until mixture is soft and aromatic, about 40 minutes. Chill before serving.
- In a saucepan, mix the apples, onion, ginger, vinegar, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, white pepper, cardamom, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender. Mix in some water if necessary to keep the ingredients moist. Remove the onion and ginger, and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 2.1 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
- Combine the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, pepper flakes and salt and in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Take off the heat and add the raisins.
- Set aside to cool and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Peel and core apples, then cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Simmer apples with remaining ingredients and 1 teaspoon salt in a large heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until tender and juices have thickened, about 1 hour. Discard bay leaves.
More about "apple chutney recipes"
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
APPLE AND SWEET PEPPER CHUTNEY - HEEMAN'S
APPLE & ONION CHUTNEY RECIPE - PRESERVE & PICKLE
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
APPLE AND RAISIN CHUTNEY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
SIMPLE APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE (WITH WHOLE SPICES) | COOK CLICK …
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPES - BBC FOOD
12 DELICIOUS HOMEMADE CHUTNEYS | ALLRECIPES
TRADITIONAL APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - HOMEMADE-GIFTS …
QUICK AND EASY APPLE CHUTNEY - KRUMPLI
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN) - FUN FOOD FROLIC
EASY APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - SAVORY SPIN
EASY APPLE CHUTNEY-INDIAN STYLE - A QUICK UNDER 30 MINUTES INDIAN …
APPLE CHUTNEY FOR PORK CHOPS, CHEESE BOARDS & MORE
QUICK APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SPICY APPLE
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
SWEET ONION AND APPLE CHUTNEY - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
APPLE AND CARAMELIZED ONION CHUTNEY - MOTHER WOULD KNOW
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE: RECIPE REQUIRES BASIC HOME CANNING …
APPLE CHUTNEY | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
BEST APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE CHUTNEY
HOW TO MAKE QUICK APPLE CHUTNEY - A GOOD LIFE FARM
ZESTY APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - RURAL SPROUT
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CHUTNEY AT HOME - COOKING FANATIC
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
FERMENTED APPLE SPICE SPREAD: EASY & DELICIOUS! - FERMENTING FOR …
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
CANNED CHUTNEY RECIPES: 10 BOLD AND FLAVORFUL CHUTNEYS YOU’LL LOVE
SPICED APPLE CHUTNEY: EASY, DELICIOUS & SIMPLY THE BEST
APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE CHUTNEY WITH GINGER & CINNAMON - CADRY'S KITCHEN
10 BEST INDIAN SPICED APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CHUTNEY RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
APPLE CHUTNEY - THE WIMPY VEGETARIAN
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
THE BEST APPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE - DELISHABLY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #sauces #chutneys #condiments-etc #fruit #vegetables #easy #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #apples #onions #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love