GINGERSNAP APPLE CRISP WITH CREAM CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Crisps are far easier to make than pies, but just as flavorful. Macerating the apples in sugar overnight helps them keep some of their crispness in the oven and concentrates their flavor. Toasted walnuts and gooey cream cheese add an element of surprise, and an easy crust made from fall's favorite cookie will make your guests wonder why they ever bothered with pie at all.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the crisp: Peel and core the apples. Roughly chop into 1-inch chunks and toss with the sugar in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13-by-9-inch or 2-quart baking dish.
- Drain the apples from their liquid and return the apples to the bowl. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and ginger and toss well. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the walnuts, maple syrup and half the cream cheese. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish, then dot the mixture with the remaining cream cheese.
- For the topping: Mix together the crushed gingersnaps, oats, sugar and melted butter. Spread the topping evenly across the crisp and bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with ice cream.
APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER
Categories Ginger Dessert Bake Thanksgiving Apple Cherry Almond Oat Spice Fall Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make topping:
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add butter and rub in until coarse crumbs form. Mix in almonds and ginger. (Topping can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Make filling:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter twelve 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes. Combine apples, cherries, sugar, lemon juice, flour and ground cinnamon in large bowl. Mix to blend well. Divide filling among prepared dishes.
- Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
DRIED CRANBERRY AND APPLE CRISP
Categories Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Cranberry Apple Cinnamon Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan simmer the cranberries, the cinnamon stick, and the water for 10 minutes. Drain the cranberries and remove the cinnamon stick. In a small bowl blend the flour, the brown sugar, the salt, and the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal and toss the mixture well. Peel, core, and slice the apples thin and in a buttered 9- by 13-inch glass dish toss them with the cranberries. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the fruit and bake the crisp in a preheated 400°F. oven for 25 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden.
APPLE CHERRY CRISP
Make and share this Apple Cherry Crisp recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Ann 3
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the fruit layer ingredients. Pour the fruit evenly into a non-reactive 10 inch pie pan or 9 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the egg white, oil, vanilla, and fruit juice and then stir into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully spread the topping over the fruit (be sure to cover the fruit entirely).
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until the fruit is soft and bubbly and the topping is crisp and golden.
- per 7 oz. serving: 323 calories, 5.8 G protein, 3.9 G fat, 68.6 G carbohydrates, .6 G saturated fat, 1.8 G polyunsaturated fat, 1 G monounsaturated fat, 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 5.7 G dietary fiber.
Crispy granola tops this comforting apple-cherry dessert.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix apples, cherries, sugar and flour until blended. Spoon into baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; stir gently. Sprinkle with granola; press slightly. Bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender and topping is light golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 30 mg, Sugar 15 g, TransFat 0 g
APPLE AND DRIED CRANBERRY CRISP
It is a great comfort food. Nothing beats homemade. Best served with French vanilla ice cream. Looking forward to other combinations and comments.
Provided by Freya Petersen
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Apple Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place a rack in the middle position in the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine apples, dried cranberries, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg together in a bowl until apples and cranberries are well-coated; spread filling into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, butter, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl using your hands until well-mixed; sprinkle over the filling. Place baking dish on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling and topping is golden brown, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and cool crisp for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563.4 calories, Carbohydrate 110.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 9.6 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 216.9 mg, Sugar 75.3 g
APPLE AND MIXED FRUIT CRISP
I came up with this after combining a couple different recipes. Use whatever dried mixed fruit you like; I like cranberries, blueberries, raisins, strawberries, etc. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Yummy! Entered: Jun 14, 2005
Provided by flower7
Yield 5-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 10-inch round baking dish.
- Combine fruit mixture ingredients (apples through lemon juice & zest) and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Combine dry topping ingredients (oats through nutmeg) then cut in butter (I use my fingers to combine) until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake until fruit bubbles and topping is browned, 35-45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492.2, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 48.8, Sodium 146.9, Carbohydrate 78, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 48.5, Protein 4.7
APPLE, CRANBERRY, AND PEAR CRISP
This is a variation of the traditional Apple Crisp that I dreamed up one day when I didn't have enough apples, and there were pears in the fruit bowl, and leftover toasted walnuts from something else. We love it. Cranberries can be substituted with raisins or dried cherries. Comice pears taste best with this recipe.
Provided by Barb Y
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Apple Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch baking dish.
- Mix the apples, pears, cranberries, 1 tablespoon flour, honey, and lemon juice in the prepared dish.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, and butter to the consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle loosely over the fruit mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until brown and crisp on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.7 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 87.1 mg, Sugar 30.4 g
SPICED APPLE CRISPS
Keep hunger pangs at bay by snacking on healthy dried fruit - this version bakes Granny Smiths with cinnamon
Provided by Rosie Reynolds
Categories Side dish, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat the oven to 160C/ 140C fan/ gas mark 3. Core the apple and slice through the equator into very thin slices 1 - 2mm thick. Dust with cinnamon and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 45 mins - 1 hour, turning halfway through and removing any crisps that have turned brown. Continue cooking until the apples have dried out and are light golden. Cool, store in an airtight container and enjoy as a snack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90 calories, Fat 0.3 grams fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 3.3 grams fiber, Protein 0.8 grams protein
APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH GINGER
This recipe came to us in 1987 from Eric Michael Gillett, then the ringmaster for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Citrus zest and fresh, grated ginger set this recipe apart from the rest.
Provided by Glenn Collins
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel, quarter and core apples and slice each into sixteenths.
- Mix slices with lemon juice, zest and grated ginger.
- Cut butter into small bits and mix with flour, sugar and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place apples in bottom of 4 buttered baking dishes (1 1/2- to 2-cup capacity) and sprinkle butter mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are cooked but still hold their shape.
- Serve with clotted cream or heavy cream alongside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 350, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 4 milligrams, Sugar 43 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "apple crisps with dried cherries and ginger recipes"
APPLE AND DRIED CHERRY CRISP RECIPE (PAREVE) - THE …
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 1 hrCategory Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, SnackCalories 439 per serving
CHERRY APPLE CRISP - JELLY TOAST
APPLE AND DRIED CHERRY CRISP RECIPE (PAREVE) | BETH49 | COPY ME …
APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER | RECIPE | DRIED …
RECIPES WITH DRIED APPLES - TASTE OF HOME
WARM APPLE AND DRIED CHERRY CRISP RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER RECIPE | YUMMLY
AN APPLE AND DRIED CHERRY CRISP THAT'S DELICIOUSLY DAIRY-FREE!
TOP 47 APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER
APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER RECIPE
APPLE AND CHERRY CRISP - GAV'S KITCHEN – FREE EASY AND …
BLONDIES WITH DRIED FRUIT AND CANDIED GINGER RECIPE
APPLE AND TART CHERRY CRISP - THE GOLD LINING GIRL
BEST EVER HEALTHY SUGAR FREE APPLE CRISP (VEGAN)
COOK WITH SPICES: APPLE CRISP WITH DRIED FRUIT AND GINGER
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY GINGER CHIPS - ALPHAFOODIE
RECIPE: LOS RIOS APPLE CRISP (USING DRIED CHERRIES) - RECIPELINK.COM
HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE BERRY FRUIT CRISP - THE BUSY BAKER
APPLE CRISP WITH GINGER - EASY & DELICIOUS! - RACHEL COOKS®
HOW TO MAKE A FRUIT CRISP WITH ANY FRUIT - TASTE OF HOME
SIMPLE APPLE CRISP IN A JAR – A COUPLE COOKS
STOVE TOP APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND OATMEAL …
APPLE CRISP WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SKILLET APPLE-GINGER CRISP RECIPE - SUSAN SPUNGEN | FOOD & WINE
BEST EVER APPLE CHERRY CRISP - DASH OF SANITY
APPLE CRISP - THE BEST TRADITIONAL RECIPE! - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
APPLE AND CRANBERRY CRISPS WITH GINGER PECAN TOPPING FOOD
APPLE CRISP WITH CANDIED GINGER AND DRIED CHERRIES
APPLE CRISP WITH CANDIED GINGER AND DRIED CHERRIES. GOOD WITH OR ...
APPLE CRISP WITH DRIED APPLES - THERESCIPES.INFO
STOVE TOP APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND OATMEAL …
APPLE-CHERRY CRISP - WOMAN'S DAY
CHEERY CHERRY APPLE CRISP - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple crisp?Directions For the crisp: Peel and core the apples. Roughly chop into 1-inch chunks and toss with the sugar in a large bowl. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13-by-9-inch or 2-quart baking dish. Drain the apples from their liquid and return the apples to the bowl. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and ginger and toss well.
How do you make a cinnamon apple cake?In a large bowl, mix ginger root, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Add apple chunks and mix thoroughly. Make sure the zest and ginger root are distributed equally throughout the apples. Put into baking dish. In the same bowl that you used for the apple mixture, mix flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
How do you make a gingerbread crisp?For the topping: Mix together the crushed gingersnaps, oats, sugar and melted butter. Spread the topping evenly across the crisp and bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with ice cream. Looking for Something Else?
What is a healthy sugar free apple crisp?This healthy refined sugar free apple crisp is loaded with cinnamon, ginger, and dried cranberries. The oatmeal topping made with a blend of pecans, walnuts, almond butter, and maple syrup make this apple crisp vegan and gluten free. Top it with coconut milk ice cream for the ultimate guilt free dessert. Best ever healthy sugar free apple crisp?