Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 30 fritters
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a couple of inches of vegetable oil in a heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium to medium-low heat until a deep-fry thermometer inserted in the oil registers 340 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, then add the milk, melted butter and vanilla. Gently fold the dry and wet ingredients together until just combined (do not over-mix). Fold in the apples, adding enough to make a very chunky batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into the hot oil, 6 to 8 at a time. Fry until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Dust generously with powdered sugar and serve warm with sausage and bacon!
At Legoland, some of the most popular fries are made from fruit: They're Granny Smith apple slices that are fried and dusted with cinnamon sugar. The fries taste like apple pie, so dipping them in whipped cream is highly recommended!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil in a large wide pot over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 300 degrees F. Cut the apples into 1/2-inch-wide sticks to look like fries.
- Working in two batches, toss the apples in the cornstarch until well coated, shaking off the excess. Fry in the hot oil until softened but still pale, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer; let cool. Let the oil return to 300 degrees F between batches.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside. Beat the heavy cream, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl with a mixer until medium peaks form.
- Increase the oil temperature to 375 degrees F. Working in about three batches, re-fry the apples until crisp and lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain briefly, then toss in the cinnamon sugar until well coated. Serve warm with the whipped cream for dipping.
SOUTHERN FRIED APPLES
I have a very basic recipe to add some sweetness to breakfast or any meal. Serve garnished with additional cinnamon if desired.
Provided by lscrisp
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir sugar and cinnamon into the hot butter. Add apples and cook until apples begin to break down, 5 to 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.4 calories, Carbohydrate 44.9 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 165.2 mg, Sugar 39.3 g
These little tasty morsels are sold at Legoland California. The recipe is from the San Diego Union Tribune. They are addictive. Posting for safe keeping.
Provided by Cooking Queen
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Coat the apple slices with cornstarch. Place coated apples in strainer and shake off excess cornstarch, set aside. For dipping sauce, combine cream cheese, marshmallow cream and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed. In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinammon mix together. Place oil in a deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees (if you do not have a deep fryer, place enough oil in a heavy skillet to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat oil to 375 and proceed the same way). Drop apples in oil, a few at a time. Do not crowd your pan. Fry apples for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain apple slices on a paper towel and sprinkle with cinammon sugar. Serve with dipping sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 833.1, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 44, Sodium 171.1, Carbohydrate 173.8, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 90.9, Protein 4
More about "apple fries recipes"
APPLE FRIES (A LEGOLAND COPYCAT RECIPE) - AROUND MY …
4.5/5 (112)Total Time 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 265 per serving
- Core and peel apples. Slice apples into pieces about the shape and size of french fries. Keeping the apple pieces about the same size ensures that they cook evenly. Toss the apple pieces in the cornstarch until well coated.
- In small batches, fry the apples for 2-3 minutes until very lightly golden. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain apple fries on a brown paper bag or several paper towels. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar mixture after they have drained for a minute or two.
BEST APPLE FRIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE FRIES - DELISH
5/5 (3)Category Dessert
- Make the batter: Combine milk, egg, flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring until all of the large clumps are broken up.
- Set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar with remaining 3 teaspoons cinnamon for dusting the finished apple fries.
APPLE FRIES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BAKED CINNAMON APPLE FRIES - SAFELY DELISH
CRISPY APPLE FRIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
APPLE FRIES WITH CARAMEL CREAM DIP | FAVORITE FAMILY …
EASY APPLE FRIES RECIPE (BAKED AND AIR FRYER!)
BEST APPLE FRIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE FRIES
APPLE FRIES RECIPE | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
APPLE PIE FRIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
APPLE FRIES | SNACK | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory SnacksCalories 19 per serving
EASY APPLE FRIES RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 300 per serving
APPLE FRIES RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
APPLE FRIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE APPLE FRIES RECIPE | HOMEMADE …
5 MINUTE HEALTHY APPLE FRIES - HEALTH BEET
APPLE FRIES RECIPE - | APPLE RECIPES | RECIPE - PINTEREST
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - FORK TO SPOON
APPLE FRIES RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IT IN 11 SIMPLE STEPS
HOW TO MAKE GRANNY SMITH’S APPLE FRIES AT HOME
GRANNY'S APPLE FRIES RECIPE - TODAY
APPLE FRIES - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
APPLE FRIES WITH CINNAMON SUGAR AND VANILLA CREAM ... - CURATED …
3 WAYS TO MAKE APPLE FRIES - WIKIHOW
THESE COPYCAT LEGOLAND APPLE FRIES ARE THE PERFECT FALL SWEET TREAT
SWEET AND SPICY APPLE FRIES | MY HEART BEETS
APPLE PIE FRIES RECIPE | SIDECHEF
APPLE FRIES RECIPE - | APPLE RECIPES - THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
CRISP APPLE FRIES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SWEET APPLE FRIES RECIPE | LIVESTRONG.COM
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
EASY AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - ADVENTURES OF A NURSE
CINNAMON SPICE APPLE PIE FRIES (WITH 3 DIPPING SAUCES!)
APPLE FRIES (CRISPY AND EASY) - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - AIR FRYER RECIPES
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES RECIPE - 30 MINUTES MEALS
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - HEALTHY SNACK IDEA - FORGETFUL MOMMA
HOW TO MAKE LEGOLAND'S FAMOUS GRANNY'S APPLE FRIES AT HOME
AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES - AIR FRIED MEALS
BAKED APPLE FRIES RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
BAKED APPLE FRIES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE • TWO PURPLE FIGS
APPLE FRIES - CUT COOKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love