Pizza is a favorite at our house, so when I had some apples to use up, I started searching for an apple pizza recipe. I tailored this one to fit my family's tastes. -Brenda Mowrey, Taylors, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rest for 15 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir apples in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir into skillet. Cook 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. , In a small bowl, combine the cheese topping ingredients. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. , Pat dough onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan, building up edges slightly. Spread with cheese topping, then apple topping. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 240mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
APPLE PIE PIZZA
Apple pie and pizza: two amazing things combined in this recipe! Delicious and not too sweet, especially when topped with cream cheese frosting and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Provided by Pcheffy
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Apple Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, olive oil, and salt; mix until smooth. Add 2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix until just combined and dough forms a ball. Allow to rest, about 15 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add apples; cook and stir until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup water and cornstarch together in a bowl until dissolved; pour into saucepan with apples. Stir continuously until filling is thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place dough on the baking sheet; stretch to cover most of the sheet. Poke the surface all over with a fork. Distribute 1/2 cup brown sugar over the dough; spread apple filling on top.
- Beat butter in a bowl until fluffy. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until topping is just combined. Sprinkle topping over pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.9 calories, Carbohydrate 66.4 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 206.2 mg, Sugar 44.9 g
Try a sweet twist on traditional pizza with this delicious dessert recipe from baker John Barricelli, adapted from his " SoNo Baking Company Cookbook."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pate brisee to a 16-by-11-inch rectangle, trimming if necessary, and transfer to a large baking sheet. Prick dough all over with a fork. Transfer to refrigerator; chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with a rack set in the middle.
- Pour applesauce onto center of dough; using an offset spatula, spread evenly over dough leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Arrange apples on top of applesauce in three tight rows down the length of the dough, using 2 apples per row. Brush with melted butter and dust heavily with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheet two-thirds of the way through the baking time, until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, heat jam in a small saucepan over low heat until warm; strain through a fine mesh strainer. Brush jam over warm pizza. Using a pizza wheel, cut into squares and serve.
APPLE CRISP PIZZA
This Apple Crisp Pizza recipe is a little slice of heaven. Cinnamon sugared apples piled on top of a flaky pie crust and drizzled with caramel sauce, this Apple Crisp Pizza is so good!
Provided by Christy Denney
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll pie crust to fit a 12 inch pizza pan; fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to use my clean hands to get in there and mush it together until it's the texture of wet sand. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm with ice cream. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 grams
CANADIAN BACON, SWEET ONION, AND APPLE PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray 1 baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
- Press dough into a rectangle on a floured surface. Cut into quarters and place on prepared baking sheet with floured fingers. Top with apple butter, cheese, onion, apple, and Canadian bacon. Bake in oven 12 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
APPLE CRISP PIZZA
While visiting a Wisconsin orchard, I tried a tempting apple crisp pie. At home, I put together this apple pizza. As it bakes, the enticing aroma fills my kitchen, and friends and family linger waiting for a sample. -Nancy Preussner, Delhi, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit a 12-in. pizza pan; fold under or flute edge. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add apples and toss. Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover crust. Combine the first 5 topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. , Bake until apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping or dip. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 159mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLE PIZZA TART
Apple slices are arranged in concentric rings on buttery crust, baked, and glazed with hot, blended apricot preserves. Makes one 12-inch plus one 6-inch pizza.
Provided by William Gerrells
Categories Desserts Pies Tarts Fruit Tart Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (This can also be done in a food processor: pulse the cold butter or shortening until it's the size of small peas. Turn mixture into a bowl and proceed.) Add the ice water a tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until the flour mixture is moistened. Do not add more water than you need: when you squeeze a handful of the moistened pastry mixture, it should form a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Lightly butter 2 pizza pans. Separate 1/3 of the dough; roll into a 6-inch circle on a floured surface. Roll the remaining 2/3 of dough into a 12-inch circle. Place the dough on the prepared pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Sprinkle half of the sugar on the dough. Arrange the apple slices in concentric circles over the dough, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the apricot jam in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the jam into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high until the jam is warm, about 1 minute. Brush the warm glaze over the apples before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40.5 g, Cholesterol 35.6 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 300.3 mg, Sugar 19.3 g
APPLE "PIZZA" (WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS = 5)
This recipe is from the September/October 2008 issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. It is the recipe makeover. NOTE: If your pizza pan doesn't have a nonstick surface, line it with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray before covering it with the dough in step 3.
Provided by senseicheryl
Yield 1 large pizza, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. About 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time, increase the heat and cook until the juices evaporate. Transfer the apple mixture to a large baking sheet and spread evenly. Let them cool completely.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cake mix and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large bowl until a fine meal forms. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating just until small clumps form. Sprinkle the dough on a 14-inch nonstick pizza pan; press firmly to form an even layer.
- With the electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread evenly over the crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Spoon the apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Dice the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and diced butter in a small bowl. With your fingers, blend the mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apple mixture. Bake until the "pizza" is browned at the edges and the center is set, about 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack. Cut into 16 wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.1, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 317.7, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 30.4, Protein 4.6
Categories Dessert Bake Quick & Easy Cheddar Apple Fall Phyllo/Puff Pastry Dough Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 6 to 8 dessert servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out pastry sheet into a 15- by 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then prick pastry all over with a fork. Sprinkle bread crumbs over pastry.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat, swirling pan, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Pour butter over apples in a bowl, then add sugar and salt and toss to coat. Spread apples evenly over pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Fold in edges over apples, pressing down firmly on corners and sides. Bake until apples are tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over apples and bake until cheese is golden and bubbling, 5 to 9 minutes more. Serve warm.
CARAMEL APPLE PIZZA
Friends and family will go nuts for this simple-to-fix spicy fruit dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or cooking parchment paper. In 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened; remove from heat. Cool about 30 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and rum extract.
- In medium bowl, mix apples and lemon juice. Stir in granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla on medium speed until blended.
- Roll each sheet of pastry into 10-inch square on foil-lined cookie sheet. Cut each pastry square into 10-inch circle. Place scraps in center; roll into pastry.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over each pastry round. Arrange apple slices on cream cheese. Sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle about 1/4 cup caramel syrup over each pizza.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Pour remaining caramel syrup over hot pizzas. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg
APPLE PIZZA PIE
I have been making the pizza pie for at least 25 years. It's a favorite of everyone who loves apples and pies, plus your house smells so delicious.
Provided by Cookiecrazymom
Yield 1 pizza pie, 8-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare pastry with last 4 ingredients and roll out onto a pizza pan (12-14 inch) -- mix flour and salt, add the cold shortening, using pastry blender, work the dough till crumbly, add the ice water to form a dough ball, roll out onto the pizza pan (12-14 inch).
- Pare apples and cut into approximately 1/4-1/2 inch slices. It is optional to pare the apples, it is not necessary if that is your preference.
- At the edge of pan, begin layering the apple slices around the entire pan, overlapping and possibly topping layer on layer, if you want more apples than stated, some might like it that way.
- Mix together the cinnamon/nutmeg ingredients and sprinkle on top of apples.
- To make the crumble topping, make sure the butter is chilled or out of the freezer, combine using a pastry blender to make crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the apple/cinnamon mixture. You can sprinkle with additional cinnamon if you like lots of spice.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until edge is golden and the apples are tender.
- SERVE WITH YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM OR WHIPPED CREAM.
More about "apple pizza recipes"
SUPER EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA! - THE CREEK LINE HOUSE
50 EASY PIZZAS : RECIPES AND COOKING - FOOD NETWORK
APPLE AND CREAM CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
APPLE MINI FRUIT PIZZAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
DELICIOUS 25-MINUTE APPLE BRIE PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS
APPLE PIZZA RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
APPLE, GOAT CHEESE, AND PECAN PIZZA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE DESSERT PIZZA - I AM BAKER
CARAMELIZED APPLE GORGONZOLA PIZZA - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
10 BEST APPLE DESSERT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA RECIPE - MASHED
CARAMEL APPLE DESSERT PIZZA - CHOCOLATE WITH GRACE
EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA (LIKE APPLE CRISP!) - ON MY KIDS PLATE
BAKED BRIE AND APPLE FLATBREAD PIZZA - JZ EATS
APPLE DESSERT PIZZA WITH CINNAMON STREUSEL TOPPING
CRISPY APPLE PIZZA - IGA
CARAMEL APPLE CRISP PIZZA RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
BEST CARAMEL APPLE PIZZA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE …
CARAMEL APPLE PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
APPLE PIE PIZZA | DESSERT FOR TWO
APPLE DESSERT PIZZA RECIPE - SIZZLING EATS
APPLE CRISP PIZZA RECIPE - | DESSERT PIZZA RECIPES, DESSERTS, APPLE ...
TAFFY APPLE PIZZA - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
THE PIZZA COOKBOOK: 25 DELICIOUS PIZZA RECIPES EN APPLE BOOKS
EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA(+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
APPLE GORGONZOLA PIZZA - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
APPLE CHEDDAR PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & WALNUTS RECIPE
APPLE PIZZA: A DOOZIE OF A DESSERRT - SOUTHERN PLATE
SAVORY APPLE PIZZA > TASTY RECIPES > WASHINGTON GROWN
APPLE CINNAMON STREUSEL DESSERT PIZZA - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
JAZZ™ APPLE PIZZA
APPLE PIE PIZZA WITH CRUMB TOPPING - CREATIONS BY KARA
APPLE PIZZA WITH BACON | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TAFFY APPLE PIZZA - TRIED AND TASTY
APPLE CRISP PIZZA RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
HORMEL | RECIPES
APPLE PIE PIZZA - ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS! - SIX CLEVER SISTERS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #lunch #fruit #american #oven #easy #potluck #fall #finger-food #kid-friendly #picnic #pies #nuts #dietary #seasonal #comfort-food #apples #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love