WALNUT APPLE CAKE
I first tasted this delicious cake at a Halloween party and quickly asked for the recipe. It's not too sweet, and the butter sauce makes it a super dessert.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the four, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the egg mixture until well blended(batter will be stiff). Stir in apples and walnuts. , Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. , For the sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, flour and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares; serve with warm sauce. Garnish with walnut halves if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376 calories, Fat 15g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 200mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
APPLE WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.4 calories, Carbohydrate 75.2 g, Cholesterol 104.6 mg, Fat 28 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 564.9 mg, Sugar 44.1 g
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
- Make the caramelized apples: Cook granulated sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, without stirring, until sugar caramelizes, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in apples. Cook, covered, until softened, about 6 minutes. Slightly mash apples with a fork until broken down but still chunky. Continue to cook, uncovered, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake: Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust with flour, tapping out excess. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 teaspoon salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix in caramelized apples and the walnuts.
- Transfer batter to pan. Bake until cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan set on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack, and let cool completely.
- Once cake is cool, make the glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar and cider. Drizzle over top of cake, letting it drip down the sides.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT
This cake is so very good! I had made this a month or so back while on a baking spree. I ended up freezing partial or whole loaves of bread, cakes, rolls, etc. This one was so very very good on its own fresh, no glaze here! I froze the other 3/4 of the cake for a later time, to just pull out in 4ths. It was even BETTER after...
Provided by Barbara Kavorkian
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups white sugar, oil, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- 3. Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apple mixture. Alternate layers of batter and filling, ending with batter.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- 5. Note: If freezing, let cake cool completely and wrap with plastic cling wrap and place in freezer bag(s). Do not put glaze or dusting sugar on until ready to serve.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
This is the perfect apple cake for fall. It stays moist and flavorful for 5 days at room temperature, up to 10 days refrigerated. Because it is made with oil, it can be enjoyed at room temperature or cold.
Provided by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Yield 12-14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven:
- Twenty minutes or longer before toasting the walnuts, set an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Set the oven at 350ºF/175ºC.
- Mise en place:
- Thirty minutes to 1 hour ahead, set the eggs on the counter at room temperature (65º to 75ºF/19º to 24ºC).
- TOAST AND CHOP THE WALNUTS: Spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the walnuts onto a clean dish town and roll and rub them around to loosen the skins. Discard any loose skins and let the nuts cool completely. Chop medium coarse.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/8 to 1/4 inch dice.
- Make the batter:
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, weigh or measure the eggs. Add the oil, granulated and brown sugars, and the vanilla. Attach the flat beater and beat on medium speed for 1 minute, until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed for 20 seconds, just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Detach the bowl from the stand and with a large spoon stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake:
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wire cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cool the cake:
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If using a straight sided pan, run a metal spatula between the sides of the pan and the cake. Invert the cake onto a wire rack that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray and cool completely for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce and Glaze over the cake after unmolding.
WALNUT APPLE TUBE PAN CAKE
At the campground where my husband and I have a trailer, the campers hold an auction of baked goods every Fourth of July. I donated this moist tube pan cake last year and it brought in the highest bid! I often use black walnuts in place of regular walnuts because they add a special flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. , Combine confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; sprinkle over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 21g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
APPLE SOUR CREAM CINNAMON WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
This is a rich and extremely moist coffee cake with a layering of walnuts and cinnamon in ribbons in the middle and on top of this cake. This cake can also be baked in a tube pan, see note on bottom. You will get many rave reviews when you serve this cake! You can also make this cake even without the apples, it is still great, but I think even better with the apples!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Generously butter a bundt pan and then flour (shaking out excess flour).
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small food processor, PULSE the walnuts, 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar until the nuts are chopped.
- Add in 1/4 cup melted butter and pulse once or twice to combine; set aside.
- To make the cake: In a large bowl beat the 1 cup softened butter with 1-1/4 cups sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and beat well.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to low and add in the flour mixture, mixing just until blended (the batter will be thick).
- Add in the chopped apples; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle half of the nut mixture evenly into bottom of the bundt pan.
- Spoon half of the batter on top of the nut mixture, spreading out with a spatula, then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture on top of the batter, then top/dollop with remaining cake batter, spreading out with a spoon.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in the pan on a rack for about 1 hour, then run a thin knife around the inner edges.
- Place rack on top of the pan, then flip to invert onto rack.
- Cool completely.
- *NOTE* this cake can be baked in a tube pan, just layer the cinnamon/nut mix twice between three layers of cake batter instead of sprinkling on the bottom of the pan. Layer as follows.
- A third of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan then sprinkle with half of the nut mixture, then another third batter on top, the the remaining nut mixture then the remaining third of cake batter.
- This method works quite well, but will produce a higher cake that might take a longer time to bake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 897.6, Fat 61.3, SaturatedFat 25.1, Cholesterol 141.4, Sodium 723, Carbohydrate 82.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 52, Protein 11.6
More about "apple walnut bundt cake recipes"
SPICED APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - CARNALDISH
Servings 12-14Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Either toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, constantly swirling to prevent burns. You’ll know they’re ready when they become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Alternatively, spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes. Let the nuts cool completely and chop medium coarse.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE IS A WONDERFUL AND EASY RECIPE
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 378 per serving See details »
GERMAN APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 365 per serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is firm, well browned, and begins to pull away from pan edges. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - EXTREME COUPONING MOM
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
FRESH APPLE BUNDT CAKE WITH CAKE MIX - SOUR AND SWEETS
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert
- Peel and shred apples, add cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and coconut flakes to shredded apples, add shredded apples to the cake mixture and gently fold.
APPLE-CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (109)Total Time 4 hrs 10 minsServings 12
- Prepare Filling: Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended and smooth. Add egg, flour, and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- Prepare Batter: Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Stir together 3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in eggs and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Spoon two-thirds of apple mixture into a greased and floured 14-cup Bundt pan. Spoon Cream Cheese Filling over apple mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edges of pan. Swirl filling through apple mixture using a paring knife. Spoon remaining apple mixture over Cream Cheese Filling.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 2 hours).
APPLE-LICIOUS! APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - LIFE, LOVE, AND ...
4/5 (6)Total Time 3 hrsCategory CakesCalories 582 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a Bundt pan with butter and dust with 1/4 cup of flour, shaking out any excess.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar, eggs, canola oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until thoroughly incorporated.
- Gently fold the apples and walnuts into the batter with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE IS GREAT FOR FALL GATHERINGS - THE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 354 per serving See details »
SUPER MOIST APPLE WALNUT CAKE - GARLIC & ZEST
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 31 minsCategory DessertCalories 335 per serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and maple syrup. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter has melted completely. Remove from heat and stir in the confectioners sugar and vanilla until smooth.
APPLE-WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 16Calories 400 per serving
- Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except apples, walnuts, raisins, and confectioners' sugar; with mixer at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
EASY WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrsCategory DessertCalories 478 per serving See details »
APPLE AND WALNUT BUNDT CAKE RECIPE DF GF - SABRINAS ORGANIZING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Dairy Free RecipesCalories 247 per serving See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - SWEET SENSATIONS
4/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE - RED STICK SPICE COMPANY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
WALNUT APPLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
See details »
FALL BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - LEMON TIRAMISU : LOVE APPLE ...
See details »
APPLE WALNUT RUM CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
See details »
SIMPLE RECIPES: APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE ...
See details »
APPLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE – HER SWEET TOOTH
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make German apple walnut Bundt cake?In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
How to make apple pie in a bundt pan?Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth.
How do you make a walnut Pan Cake?In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
How to make apple cake with walnuts and apples?Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Detach the bowl from the stand and with a large spoon stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wire cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.