FETA-CRANBERRY LENTIL SALAD
An unusual combination of ingredients gives this salad its flavor. Sweet-tart cranberries are mixed with a tang of feta cheese to make it surprisingly tasty. -Alison Halasz, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, water and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and discard bay leaves. Rinse lentils in cold water. , In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over lentil mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435 calories, Fat 22g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 1026mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 17g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
ASPARAGUS & LENTIL SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES & CRUMBLED FETA
Asparagus tips take the leading role in this healthy, seasonal salad with spring onions, cherry tomatoes and salty crumbled cheese
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Finely grate the garlic and put in a bowl. Boil the lentils for 25 mins, and put the asparagus in a steamer over them for the last 5 mins until just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the onions, cranberries, oil and vinegar in the bowl with the garlic and stir well. When the lentils are ready, drain and toss them into the dressing with the tomatoes. Tip into plastic containers (for a packed lunch), or onto plates, then top with the asparagus and crumble over the feta. Drizzle with a little extra oil, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 35 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 11 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place asparagus in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and season with garlic powder; toss well. Transfer asparagus to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place lettuce in the same bowl used for asparagus; top with tomatoes, feta cheese, and asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Cholesterol 28 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 372 mg, Sugar 5 g
FRESH ASPARAGUS, TOMATO, AND FETA SALAD
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, white sugar, sea salt, sesame oil, and olive oil in the bottom of a salad bowl. Add the asparagus, feta, tomato, green onion, and cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 20.1 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 608.5 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
CRANBERRY LENTIL AND QUINOA SALAD
- Place lentils and 1 bay leaf in a saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes; drain and discard bay leaf. Rinse with cold water until lentils cool and transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring 2 cups water, quinoa, and remaining bay leaf to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse quinoa with cold water until cool, discarding bay leaf. Stir quinoa into lentils.
- Heat lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Stir honey into juice until dissolved. Add vinegar and salt; whisk in olive oil and season with black pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture into lentils and quinoa.
- Mix walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese, and green onion into lentil and quinoa salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Cholesterol 5.6 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 122.7 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
CITRUS SPINACH SALAD WITH FETA AND CRANBERRY DRESSING
Summer citrus salads are always a must in our Texas heat. This spinach and grapefruit salad is a quick and easy fix that can be whipped up easily with most items you already keep in your pantry/kitchen. I can easily have this as a meal in itself but it works great as a side salad with a cool cucumber/alfalfa/tzatziki 1/2 sandwich. The options are endless and yours to create. Add some sliced strawberries for sweetness and bright, festive color.
Provided by Sahara B
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until golden and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Zest orange and reserve. Slice the tops and bottoms of grapefruit and cut along the curves, top-down, to remove skins and piths. Repeat with orange. Cut fruits into segments on a plate or shallow bowl, cutting from connective membranes and catching any extra juices (save juices for dressing). Squeeze segments lightly for extra juice.
- Combine toasted walnuts, spinach, feta cheese, and grapefruit and orange slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour grapefruit and orange juices into a measuring cup and add enough cranberry juice to reach 1/3 cup. Whisk in olive oil, turbinado sugar, 1 teaspoon reserved orange zest, parsley, and kosher salt until dressing is thickened. Drizzle over salad. Garnish with any remaining orange zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 40.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 478.6 mg, Sugar 21 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH FETA
Pretty and festive, this simple-to-make side dish is delicious right out of the oven. -Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Arrange asparagus in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. , Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with tomatoes and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 103mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CRANBERRY, FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- Toss greens, cranberries, cheese and walnuts in large bowl.
- Mix vinegar, honey, mustard and pepper with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until well blended.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
LENTIL SALAD WITH GRAPES AND FETA
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add lentils, reduce to a simmer, and cover; cook until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in lentils, walnuts, grapes, celery, and thyme. Add feta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 4 g
QUINOA, ASPARAGUS, AND FETA SALAD
A perfect spring, summer, or anytime salad. Loaded with protein and fiber, but so delicious you would never guess how healthy it is! If you are making the salad ahead of time, add the dressing just before serving to keep the asparagus an attractive bright green. Leftovers keep well for a couple of days.
Provided by AnnInLondon
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil; add quinoa and salt, stir, cover saucepan with a lid, and reduce heat to low. Simmer mixture until quinoa is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, let quinoa rest for 5 minutes, and transfer quinoa to a bowl to cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until tender but still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; drain in a colander and immediately immerse asparagus in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Stir asparagus, feta cheese, almonds, green onions, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest into quinoa.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 16.8 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 346.1 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
CRANBERRY AND FETA SALAD
A friend's recipe, this is always a hit. Various nuts and cheeses can be substituted with ease. The dressing rocks!
Provided by Raspberry Cordial
Yield 1 large salad, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare salad ingredients.
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.9, Fat 19.1, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 11.1, Sodium 203.5, Carbohydrate 11.8, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 6.4, Protein 5.5
LENTIL FETA SALAD
- In small dry skillet, toast almonds over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add lentils and garlic; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again. Discard garlic.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add lentils, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.).
- Stir in almonds and all but 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the feta; sprinkle with remaining feta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.5, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 350.4, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 11.8, Sugar 3.7, Protein 14
LENTIL SALAD WITH MINT AND FETA
- Place lentils in heavy large saucepan. Cover lentils with 4 inches of water. Season water with salt. Boil until lentils are just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mint and garlic in large bowl. Add warm lentils; toss well. Refrigerate until well chilled. (Lentils can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper and green onions to lentils. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle feta over lentils.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH FETA
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat until garlic becomes golden and oil becomes fragrant; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus pieces with infused olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet (one with a side edge).
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle asparagus with crumbled feta cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and squeeze the lemons over the asparagus, being careful to catch the seeds.
- Serve hot.
More about "asparagus lentil salad with cranberries crumbled feta recipes"
LENTIL ASPARAGUS SALAD – LENTILS.ORG - BEST LENTIL RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
GREEN LENTIL, ASPARAGUS AND FETA SALAD | GOURMET TRAVELLER
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 40 secsAuthor Adelaide LucasTotal Time 30 mins
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON AND FETA - EATING BIRD FOOD
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | THE RECIPE …
GRILLED LEMON ASPARAGUS WITH FETA - SLENDER KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE FETA, ASPARAGUS AND LENTIL SALAD IN 10 …
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CRUMBLED FETA RECIPE
LENTIL AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FRENCH LENTIL SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES AND FETA | HEALTHY RECIPES
Cuisine FrenchCategory Lunch,BrunchServings 6Total Time 40 mins
ASPARAGUS & LENTIL SALAD WITH CHIVE & CIDER VINAIGRETTE
25+ SALAD RECIPES WITH FETA | EATINGWELL
LENTIL SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND FETA - CHCH.COM
ASPARAGUS, TOMATO AND FETA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
LENTIL SALAD RECIPE WITH FETA, LEMON AND PARSLEY - RACHEL COOKS®
10 BEST PASTA SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
LEMONY LENTIL SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MAPLE BALSAMIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRANBERRIES AND FETA
WARM FARRO SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS, AND FETA RECIPE
SPRING ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ASPARAGUS AND LENTIL SALAD WITH CHIVE AND CIDER VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND LENTIL SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED ASPARAGUS & FRENCH LENTIL NIçOISE-INSPIRED SALAD
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH FETA – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SPINACH, LENTIL AND ASPARAGUS SALAD | RICARDO
RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY DINNER IDEAS | GOUSTO
STRAWBERRY LENTIL SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS | RECIPE | ELLE REPUBLIC
FETA-CRANBERRY LENTIL SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
10 BEST FARRO SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHILLED ASPARAGUS WITH FETA VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE GIRL
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES AND FETA CHEESE
AVOCADO LENTIL CRANBERRY SALAD WITH LEMON DIJON DRESSING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook lentils and cranberries?Rinse lentils in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
What can I add to lentils to make a salad?Stir honey into juice until dissolved. Add vinegar and salt; whisk in olive oil and season with black pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture into lentils and quinoa. Mix walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese, and green onion into lentil and quinoa salad.
How to cook lentils and quinoa salad?Directions. Stir honey into juice until dissolved. Add vinegar and salt; whisk in olive oil and season with black pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture into lentils and quinoa. Mix walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese, and green onion into lentil and quinoa salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
How to cook Kale with lentils and feta?Directions. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the kale and shallots and toss and stir roughly with tongs, about 3 minutes. You want to gently bruise the leaves of the kale. Once the kale looks soft, toss in the lentils, feta cheese and cranberries. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 1 hour before serving.