KENMARE'S ASPARAGUS GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, shallots and wine. Place over medium heat and simmer until reduced by half, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake, stirring once or twice, until toasted, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place a skillet over low heat, add panko, and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. When pecans are toasted, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. When the pecans are cool, place in a blender and chop for a few seconds until coarsely ground. Mix with panko and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine asparagus, reduced cream, fontina, and Parmigiano Reggiano. Mix well and place in a gratin dish that is about 10 inches long and 4 inches wide, or an other shallow, ovenproof baking dish. Bake until asparagus are tender, the sauce is bubbling and the top is turning golden, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pecan-bread crumb mixture. In a separate bowl, mix the endive and radicchio with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread over the top of the asparagus gratin. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 403, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 544 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
BAKED ASPARAGUS DIP
Since I'm from Wisconsin, I thought it was only logical to put together a vegetable and a cheese-two of the foods my state produces in abundance. This cheesy asparagus dip fits the bill. -Sandra Baratka, Phillips, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, cheese and mayonnaise. Place in a 6-inch cast-iron skillet or 2-cup ovenproof bowl. Bake at 375° until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm with pita chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 162mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH CHEESE SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange asparagus spears in a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together half-and-half, cornstarch, Italian seasoning, ground mustard, red pepper flakes, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Pour mixture over asparagus and swirl the dish so that the liquid coats the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is soft and cheese sauce starts to bubble, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4.9 g, Cholesterol 24.6 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 177.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE
This easy side dish has loads of Parmesan flavor, yet it tastes light enough to not overpower the asparagus. The sauce comes together in minutes while the asparagus roasts in the oven. Quick enough for a busy weeknight meal. Use freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, as the bagged variety doesn't melt well.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place asparagus on the baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 10 minutes for thin asparagus, or 14 minutes for large asparagus.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until softened, taking care not to burn garlic. Sprinkle flour onto butter and cook, whisking constantly until mixture is golden and thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a light boil until sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese and continue whisking until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat - sauce will further thicken.
- Place asparagus on a serving platter and drizzle with cheese sauce. Garnish with lemon zest and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Cholesterol 20.6 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 254.9 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
FONTINA ASPARAGUS TART
This lemony tart is loaded with fontina cheese and fresh asparagus. It's a snap to make but looks really impressive. Be advised...your guests will be vying for the last tasty slice. -Heidi Meek, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and pat dry., On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined large baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes., Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry to within 1/2-in. of edges. Place asparagus over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over top. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 202mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
FRITTATA WITH ASPARAGUS, TOMATO, AND FONTINA
- Preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes. Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let the frittata stand 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calorie, Fat 15 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 214 milligrams, Sodium 351 milligrams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 2 grams
ASPARAGUS WITH FONTINA & CREAM SAUCE
- 1. Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until crisp tender. Drain. Place the butter in a saucepan and add the heavy cream. Add the Fontina cheese and cook until melted and smooth,
- 2. Serve the asparagus with the cheese sauce and sprinkle with the Parmigiano
ASPARAGUS WITH FONTINA AND CREAM SAUCE
Another great recipe for asparagus. The recipe was created for the Stockon CA. Asparagus Festival and comes from KCRA TV.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Clean and snap ends off of asparagus, Cook asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cream and fontina cheese.
- Cook, stirring until the cheese melts and the cream has thickened and reduced by half--1 to 2 minutes.
- Season slightly with salt.
- Drain the asparagus and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place asparagus on platter, spoon on cream sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve at once.
ASPARAGUS (OR BROCCOLI) AND FONTINA CHEESE SOUP
A delicious way to celebrate the new asparagus in spring, or broccoli in fall! Decadent, smooth, and satisfying - this soup freezes then reheats in the microwave *beautifully* - my favorite "brown-bag lunch" addition.
Provided by Pellerin
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt butter & oil in heavy cooking pot, over med-high heat. Sauté onions and celery until tender (~4 min.). Add garlic and sauté ~30 seconds (don't scorch - gets bitter). Add flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute, to cook out raw flour taste. Add water, broth, and Knoor soup base (or substitute bouillon). Stir until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil. Boil for 2 minutes to set the thickening.
- Add diced potatoes, chopped asparagus (or broccoli), salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to med-LOW and simmer for ~25 minutes.
- Puree about ¾ of the soup in a blender in small batches. (Hot soup expands when blended, so fill blender only about 2/3 way full!). I place batches in an intermediary large Pyrex bowl to hold until returning to pot.
- Return blended soup to pot. Stir in half-and-half, soy, and cheeses. Simmer (do NOT BOIL) 5-10 more minutes - stirring often, then taste for seasonings (probably needs a bit more pepper, doubtful it needs more salt - cheese, soup base, and broth are already somewhat salted).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.1, Fat 27.3, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 1350.5, Carbohydrate 28.6, Fiber 5, Sugar 5.6, Protein 22.9
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the prosciutto in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it renders some fat and begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until the garlic just begins to soften, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the wine. Return to the heat and cook until the wine evaporates slightly, about 2 more minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream and nutmeg and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, adding the asparagus during the last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and asparagus.
- Add the cheese to the cream sauce and stir to combine. Add the pasta and asparagus and toss to coat, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese.
MARSALA CREAM CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
I use a deli-roasted chicken from our local grocery store to speed up prep time on this dish. You can change the vegetables to suit your tastes. Serve with a loaf of crusty french bread and a glass of wine.
Provided by Challengergurl
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook penne pasta at a boil until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir shallot in melted butter until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir mushrooms, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes into shallot and butter mixture; cook and stir until asparagus begins to soften, about 10 minutes more.
- Pour chicken broth and Marsala wine into the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and stir chicken and cream into mixture.
- Mix softened butter and flour into a paste in a bowl; stir into chicken mixture. Cook, stirring continually, until the flour is cooked and the liquid thickens, 1 to 2 minutes; ladle over the cooked penne pasta and top with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 951.7 calories, Carbohydrate 60.2 g, Cholesterol 211.1 mg, Fat 41.8 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 65.1 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, Sodium 380.4 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS LASAGNA WITH FORTINA CHEESSE
- Preheat to 450.Place the asparagus and onions on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and dot with butter.Sprinkle lemon juice and zest on top, season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Mix the vegetables well with your hands, making sure they are evenly coated with the seasonings.Bake until soft and just starting to brown, about 20 minutes. When the vegetables are tender and aromatic,remove them from the oven and sprinkle with savory and tarragon. Toss to combine the heat of the vegetables will wilt and concentrate the flavors of the herbs. Lower the oven to 425. In a small saucepan, stir the parmigiano cheese into the cream and mix well. Simmer gently over low heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is fairly smooth(there will be a slight graininess to the sauce because of the texture of the cheese). Season with nutmeg,pepper and a pinch of salt.Add the chives and stir. If using fresh pasta, cook the lasagna sheets in a large pot of boling, salted water until tender, about 2 minutes. If using dry noodles, cook them accordng to the package directions. Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water, then lay them out in one layer on a towel to dry. To Assemble: Lightly coat an 8-by-8 baking dish with olive oil. Layer the botom with pasta, and follow with a layer of asparagus and onion and a thin layer of grated fontina and mozzarella cheese. Season lightly. Add another layer of pasta, and top with more asparagus, half of the parmigiano cream sauce,and another thin layer of fontina and mozzarella cheeses. Repeat until you use up the ingredients, except the parmigiano cream,ending with a layer of pasta. Pour the remaining parmigiano cream on top letting it run down the sides a bit. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the top is golden and bubbling, about an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 6
ASPARAGUS FLAN WITH CHEESE SAUCE
- Make flan:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F. Butter an 8- by 2-inch round cake pan and line bottom with a round of wax paper, then butter paper. 3Steam asparagus in a steamer set over boiling water, covered, until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Purée asparagus in a food processor until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. (You will have about 2 cups purée.)
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl, then whisk in asparagus purée.
- Pour asparagus mixture into pan and bake in a hot water bath until flan is set and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer pan to a rack to cool slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make sauce while flan cools:
- Put all sauce ingredients in a metal bowl, then set bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Heat sauce, whisking until cheese and butter are melted, and then stirring with a wooden spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bowl from pan.
- Run a thin knife around edge of flan to loosen, then invert a serving plate over pan and invert flan onto plate. Remove pan and discard paper. Cut flan into wedges and serve immediately with sauce.
More about "asparagus with fontina and cream sauce recipes"
ASPARAGUS WITH MUSHROOM-CREAM SAUCE | COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, break off the woody bottom sections of the asparagus and peel the spears up to the flower buds.
- Put the butter and oil in a skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter melts, add the mushrooms, shallots, and salt and pepper to taste and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have given up their liquid and it has begun to evaporate, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and boil, stirring occasionally, until mostly evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, salt the boiling water and blanch the asparagus for about 5 minutes, or until bright green and just about tender. Drain and keep warm.
- When the mushroom mixture is creamy but not soupy, stir in the sherry. Cook for another minute, then spoon over the asparagus. Garnish with the chives and serve.
10 BEST SAUSAGE ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HAM ASPARAGUS AND FONTINA OMELET - SAFEWAY
THREE INGREDIENT CREAMY FONTINA CHEESE PASTA RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 433 per serving
FRITTATA WITH FARMER SAUSAGE, ONIONS, ASPARAGUS & FONTINA ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Cut farmer sausage bite size pieces and sautés till fat renders out 5 minutes remove from pan. Discard most of the fat.
- In the same pan, add the potatoes and cook till they are browned and crispy. Take them out and set them aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of the oil to the pan, throw in the onions and sauté till browned. About 8 minutes. Add peppers and asparagus continue cooking for 3 minutes. Remove them all from the pan and set aside.
VEAL SCALLOPINE WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE- FRAMED COOKS
5/5 (1)Total Time 22 minsCategory DinnerCalories 434 per serving
EASY PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE (10 MINUTES!) – A COUPLE …
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 10 minsCategory SauceCalories 75 per serving
RECIPES: ASPARAGUS TART WITH CREAMY, CHEESE LAYER | WZZM13.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ASPARAGUS AND FONTINA SFORMATO | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 6
SOUTHERN ASPARAGUS AND CREAM CASSEROLE | ABC4 UTAH
10 BEST ASPARAGUS CREAM CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPES | …
CHICKEN ASPARAGUS DIVAN RECIPE | COOKING BLOG
RICE AND ASPARAGUS TART PARMESAN RISOTTO - WORTHY RECIPE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #easy #potluck #diabetic #dinner-party #vegetarian #cheese #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #asparagus #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook asparagus and pasta with cream sauce?Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and asparagus. Add the cheese to the cream sauce and stir to combine. Add the pasta and asparagus and toss to coat, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese.
How do you make a frittata with asparagus?Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes. Place the skillet under the broiler.
How do you cook asparagus with eggs and cream?Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
How to cook asparagus and tomatoes in the oven?Directions. Set aside. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture...