BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS
All the world's great donuts are fried, except there are a few rare examples of when they're not--and this incredibly delicious and easy-to-make apple cider donut is one notable exception. Since we're not going to fry these, not only are they easier, but they're way less messy. Less time cleaning up means more time eating donuts.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter two 6-cup donut pans.
- Pour apple cider into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let it cook, watching carefully, until the cider is reduced to 1/2 cup. If it reduces too much, add enough water to make 1/2 cup. Set aside until needed.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg to a large bowl. Mix with a whisk until combined and set aside until needed.
- Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg together in another bowl until combined. Add the apple cider reduction and the dry ingredients. Whisk together to form a slightly thick batter; do not overmix.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the prepared donut pans, filling them about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, and the donuts spring back slightly to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to a sheet pan lined with a silicone baking mat. Cut out any donut holes as necessary.
- If desired, while still slightly warm, brush the donuts lightly with remaining melted butter. Mix 1 cup white sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together for topping in a shallow dish; toss in donuts to coat. Let cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.1 calories, Carbohydrate 56.8 g, Cholesterol 31.6 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 176.1 mg, Sugar 39.3 g
BAKED APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS
This recipe yields the classic flavor of baked cider doughnuts. For the most traditional result, a doughnut pan is recommended, but you can also bake these off in a muffin pan.
Provided by Erin Jeanne McDowell
Yield 12 doughnuts or muffins
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 (6-cavity) doughnut pans (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 10 tablespoons/140 grams butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup/50 grams granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated after each addition, scraping the bowl as necessary. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. With the mixer running, add the apple cider in a slow, steady stream and mix to combine. Scrape the bowl well to make sure the batter is homogeneous.
- Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the way. (You can also do this using a disposable piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with a 1/2-inch opening cut from one corner.) Bake until evenly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the thickest portion comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through baking. (If you are making muffins, divide batter evenly between the prepared cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.)
- While the doughnuts bake, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl to combine. In a separate small bowl, melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Let the doughnuts cool for 5 minutes after baking, then unmold them from the pans, brush with the melted butter and dredge them in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm. Serve immediately, or let cool to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 333, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 198 milligrams, Sugar 27 grams, TransFat 1 gram
APPLE CIDER (BAKED) DONUTS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray four 6-cavity donut pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest. Whisk for 30 seconds to distribute the leavening.
- In a liquid measure cup, combine the cider, buttermilk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix on high until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low, add one-third of the flour mixture and then half of the cider mixture. Continue alternating between the two until the batter is just combined. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and, using a large rubber spatula, fold the batter a few times to make sure the ingredients are well distributed.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a large zip-close bag with a corner snipped off, and pipe into two of the donut pans. Top each pan with a second, inverted pan and use clips to hold them in place. (Some pans come with clips; otherwise, use metal hardware or paper clips.) Bake until the cake just springs back when gently touched, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the donuts out onto a cooling rack; immediately brush with melted butter, then dip in the cinnamon sugar.
More about "baked apple cider donuts recipes"
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS ARE EASY & DELICIOUS - DIY CANDY
Reviews 109Calories 311 per servingCategory Dessert
APPLE CIDER BAKED DOUGHNUTS WITH MAPLE GLAZE | KING ARTHUR ...
3.9/5 (74)Total Time 30 minsServings 12Calories 310 per serving
- If you don't have doughnut pans, you can bake these in a standard muffin tin; they just won't be doughnuts., Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, applesauce, boiled cider, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until smooth., Add the flour, stirring just until smooth., Fill the wells of the doughnut pans nearly to the rim; use about 1/4 cup of batter in each well.
- If you're making muffins, fill each well about 3/4 full; the recipe makes about 15, so you'll need to bake in two batches (unless you have two muffin pans)., Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- If you're making muffins, they'll need to bake for 23 to 25 minutes., Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and loosen their edges.
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.7/5 (110)Category Breakfast
- Stirring occasionally, simmer the apple cider in a small saucepan over low heat until you’re left with about 1/2 cup. Start checking at 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, etc until you have 1/2 cup (120ml). Mine takes about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together. Pour into the dry ingredients, add the reduced apple cider, and whisk everything together until smooth and combined. Batter will be slightly thick.
THE MOST AMAZING BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - PRETTY. …
5/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Reduce the apple cider: In a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a gentle boil and let simmer over medium heat until thick and reduced to about 1/3 cup (80 ml), 15-25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, granulated sugar and brown sugar, until well combined. Whisk in the melted butter. Add the reduced apple cider, buttermilk and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until combined and smooth. Don't overmix the batter.
APPLE CIDER DONUTS - HEALTHY BAKED DOUGHNUTS
Ratings 1Calories 134 per servingEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- REDUCE THE APPLE CIDER: Add apple cider to a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for about 8 minutes while stirring occassionally, until you’re left with about 1/3 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a donut pan with non-stick spray or place a silicone donut pan on a baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Lightly brush each donut with coconut oil, and sprinkle or dip the donuts in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on parchment paper
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS RECIPE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 196 per serving
THE BEST BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - SUGAR AND CHARM
5/5 (5)Total Time 10 hrs 21 minsCategory Brunch, DessertCalories 246 per serving
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS RECIPE - BELLY FULL
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 28 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 174 per serving
BAKED APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS WITH CINNAMON MAPLE GLAZE ...
4.3/5 (490)Calories 226 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - THE COUNTRY COOK
Ratings 1Category Breakfast, DessertServings 17Total Time 28 mins
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - WW FRIENDLY - RECIPE DIARIES
Cuisine AamericanCategory EasyServings 12Total Time 18 mins
APPLE CIDER DONUT RECIPE - EASY BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS
5/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsServings 12Calories 287 per serving
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS RECIPE - THE FARM GIRL GABS®
Servings 28Total Time 40 mins
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - EASY APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Servings 12Total Time 35 minsCategory Breakfast, DessertCalories 287 per serving
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - KATIEBIRD BAKES
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS • PANCAKE RECIPES
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE RECIPE · NOURISH AND NESTLE
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
BAKED APPLE SPICE DONUTS - JANELLE ROHNER
WARM APPLE CIDER DONUTS RECIPE: THIS EASY DOUGHNUT RECIPE ...
OLD FASHIONED BAKED APPLES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS WITH CINNAMON SUGAR COATING ...
SUPER SOFT BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS - YOUTUBE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #pies-and-tarts #breakfast #desserts #crusts-pastry-dough-2 #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make Apple Cider donuts?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray four 6-cavity donut pans with nonstick baking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest. Whisk for 30 seconds to distribute the leavening.
Can You bake apple cider doughnuts in a muffin pan?This recipe yields the classic flavor of baked cider doughnuts. For the most traditional result, a doughnut pan is recommended, but you can also bake these off in a muffin pan. Featured in: Bring The Apple Cider Doughnuts To You .
What does a baked apple cider Donut taste like?All three are somewhat dense and very muffin-like. Today’s baked apple cider donuts are a little heavier with a more substantial and moister crumb. Flavor-wise, they’re APPLE and CINNAMON and SPICE all over. They taste like they’re straight from a bakery. (More bakery-style favorites: these muffins and these cookies !)
How do you make an apple cider glaze?To make an apple cider glaze: In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) of apple cider. If the glaze is too thick, add a little more apple cider. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar.