EASY BUTTER AND HERB BAKED OYSTERS
These easy baked oysters are cooked with a buttery panko crumb topping and fresh herbs. Impress your guests with this tasty appetizer.
Provided by Diana Rattray
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Gather the ingredients.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 425 F/220 C/Gas Mark 7. Add a layer of rock salt to a rimmed baking sheet or substitute dry, uncooked rice. This will keep the oyster shells from wobbling.
- Scrub the oyster shells with a stiff brush.
- Carefully shuck the oysters over a bowl to catch any liquids that might spill out. Run the knife along the bottom of the inside of the shell to loosen the oyster. If some of the oyster liquor does spill out, return it to the bottom shell. Discard the top shells and arrange the oysters in the bottom shell with their liquid in the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the panko crumbs and cook, stirring, until the crumbs are lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons of softened butter with the chives, lemon zest, and the lemon juice.
- Top each oyster with a scant teaspoon of the butter-chive mixture and then sprinkle each with the buttered panko crumbs.
- If desired, finish with a light sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake the oysters until the oysters are cooked through and the topping is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 136 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 494 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 28 g, ServingSize 12 oysters (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BAKED BELON OYSTERS IN SEAWEED BUTTER
- Make the seaweed butter: Heat oven to 250 degrees. Place the nori on a baking sheet and bake until crisp and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces and grind to a powder using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- On a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap, shape mixture into a small log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll up, seal the ends and chill until firm. May be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Prepare the oysters: Heat a broiler, with a rack about 6 inches below heat. Place the wakame in a small bowl of hot water until rehydrated, about 10 minutes, then cut into 12 tiny squares; set aside. In a small skillet, toss the bread crumbs with the olive oil. Place over medium heat and stir until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange oysters on a rimmed baking sheet. Top each with a small knob (about 1/2 teaspoon) of seaweed butter and 1 teaspoon of the toasted bread crumbs. Place under broiler until warmed through and butter is bubbling, about 2 minutes. Carefully (shells will be hot) transfer to a serving platter, and garnish each oyster with a squeeze of lemon, a bit of radish and a square of wakame. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 573, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 51 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 30 grams, Sodium 564 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 2 grams
BAKED OYSTERS BROWNEFELLER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-low heat. Increase the heat slightly and add the onion, celery, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; sweat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the artichoke hearts, bread crumbs, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, and oregano. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the 4 cups rock salt on a sheet pan with sides and spread evenly. Set oysters atop the salt and divide the bread crumb mixture evenly among them. Place in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Bread crumbs should be lightly browned. Serve immediately.
BAKED TASSO BUTTER OYSTERS
- Shuck oysters. Combine the butter and garlic. Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 ounce of tasso, and sprinkle with Parmesan and pinch of Spice Mix. Grill over high heat until oysters curl and cheese melts.
- Combine ingredients.
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS
These flavorful breaded and baked oysters, served with a zippy jalapeno mayonnaise, were created by Marie Rizzio of Interlochen, Michigan. "I entered this recipe in a seafood contest and took first place in the hors d'oeuvres category," Marie says. "They make an interesting appetizer for entertaining." -Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen (about 2/3 cup jalapeno mayonnaise).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and garlic salt. , Coat oysters with flour mixture, then dip in eggs, and coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil., Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise ingredients. Serve with oysters.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Make stuffing:
- Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot three-fourths full of water to a boil with kosher salt, then stir in spinach and cook 30 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl filled with ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain spinach and squeeze dry, then finely chop.
- Wash leeks well in a bowl of cold water, then lift out and drain well.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bacon, stirring, until golden and just cooked through (but not crisp), about 3 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Add leeks, shallot, and garlic to fat in skillet and cook over low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Toss together leek mixture, spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, herbs, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, white pepper, nutmeg, and butter in a large bowl with a fork.
- Bake oysters:
- Spread 2 to 3 cups rock salt in each of 2 large shallow baking pans and nestle oysters (in shells) in it. Spoon a heaping tablespoon bread-crumb stuffing loosely on top of each oyster. Bake in batches in upper third of oven until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Serve warm oysters in shells on plates lined with rock salt.
Ensure that you don'tlose a drop of juice by nestling your shellfish in salt. Fill a shallow ovenproof servingdish with coarse salt or sea salt, and place oysters in it as you shuck them. This willprevent them from tipping as you fill theirshells and while you move them in and out ofthe oven. The salt also provides an attractive crystalline backdrop that retains heat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread salt in a shallow baking dish. Nestle oysters in their bottom shells in the salt.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, mustard, parsley, and butter; season with pepper. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon mixture on each oyster; top with bacon pieces.
- Bake until oysters curl and topping browns, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
BAKED ROCK OYSTERS WITH BACON, CABBAGE AND GUINNESS SABAYON
A great dish for St. Patrick's Day --or any other day for that matter. From "The New Irish Table" by Margaret Johnson.
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 24 oysters
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make the sabayon, in a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, Guinness, lemon juice, salt and pepper together.
- Place over barely simmering water, and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, and gradually drizzle in the melted butter until the sauce is well blended.
- Cook the cabbage in salted boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Drain, and immerse in cold water. Drain again.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Preheat the broiler. Shuck the oysters over a small bowl. Reserve the deeper half of each shell, and rinse them under cold water.
- Place the shells on a bed of rock salt in a small, sided baking sheet.
- Divide the cabbage among the shells; put an oyster on top of each, and sprinkle the bacon over the oysters. Spoon some of the sabayon over each.
- Place under the broiler 4 inches from the heat source, and cook for about 3 minutes or until the sauce is browned and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.8, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 63.6, Sodium 89.2, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 5.8
BUTTER BRAISED OYSTERS ON GREENS
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then lightly brown bread in butter on both sides. Put toasts on plates and top with mesclun.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet, then cook shallot, stirring, over moderate heat until softened and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, swirling skillet frequently, until vinegar is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Add oysters and remaining 3 tablespoons butter and cook, swirling skillet frequently, until oysters are plumped and butter is incorporated into sauce, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Spoon oysters and sauce over mesclun.
More about "baked belon oysters in seaweed butter recipes"
GRILLED OYSTERS RECIPE WITH SEAWEED BUTTER BY ANALIESE …
Cuisine Modern AsianAuthor Analiese GregoryServings 4-6Total Time 20 mins
- Meanwhile, rinse shio kombu and soak it in 1 tbsp water in a bowl (5 minutes). Drain, finely chop, and add to a small saucepan with butter, wakame powder and white soy over low heat. Stir butter until just melted, but not separated (3-4 minutes). Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place oysters on a wire rack over hot coals for 2-3 minutes until hot. Pop the hinges with an oyster knife and serve topped with warm butter.
GRILLED OYSTERS WITH SEAWEED BUTTER | RECIPE IN 2022 | GRILLED …
38 BAKED AND BROILED OYSTER RECIPES IDEAS | OYSTER RECIPES, RECIPES ...
10 BEST BAKED OYSTERS CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
OYSTERS BéARNAISE | FOOD RECIPES - GREAT CHEFS
BAKED GULF OYSTERS AND SHRIMP WITH GARLIC, LEMON BUTTER, AND
BAKED OYSTER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED OYSTERS WITH SEAWEED BUTTER | RECIPE | SEAFOOD RECIPES, …
10 BEST BAKED OYSTERS WITHOUT SHELL RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED BELON OYSTERS IN SEAWEED BUTTER RECIPE | RECIPE | OYSTERS, …
SEAWEED BUTTER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
THREE-CHEESE BAKED OYSTERS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BAKED HERBED OYSTERS - THE NOVICE CHEF
13 LOFTIN OYSTERS BAKED OYSTER RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST.CA
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND SMOKED GRUYèRE - WINE ENTHUSIAST
BAKED TASSO BUTTER OYSTERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED OYSTERS WITH CHEESE AND GARLIC RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY …
BAKED SPINACH BUTTER OYSTERS RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
BAKED GARLIC BUTTER OYSTERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED OYSTERS WITH SEAWEED BUTTER | RECIPE | OYSTERS, SEAFOOD …
BAKED TASSO BUTTER OYSTERS RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
RECIPE: SEAWEED BUTTER - KITCHN
BAKED SPINACH BUTTER OYSTERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FLAT OYSTERS OF BELON- MMMM! | OYSTERS, MOUTH WATERING, FOOD
A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO OYSTERS: BELON, KUMAMOTO AND MORE - NDTV …
BOURBON BROWN BUTTER OYSTERS - OYSTER OBSESSION
OYSTER RECIPES - NYT COOKING
COOKED OYSTERS WITH BURNT BUTTER | SEAFOOD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
BAKED BELON OYSTERS IN SEAWEED BUTTER RECIPE | RECIPE
HOG ISLAND OYSTER RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED OYSTERS | EARLY MODERN MARITIME RECIPES
BAKED POTATOES WITH SEAWEED BUTTER, TROUT AND HERRING ROE RECIPE
BAKED OYSTER RECIPES & BROILED OYSTER RECIPES - OYSTER …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook oysters in the oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread salt in a shallow baking dish. Nestle oysters in their bottom shells in the salt. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, mustard, parsley, and butter; season with pepper. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon mixture on each oyster; top with bacon pieces.
How do you make seaweed butter at home?1 Toast the seaweed in a hot dry pan until crisp and aromatic Grind to a powder using a spice grinder, coffee grinder or pestle and mortar then stir through the softened butter Wipe a work surface with a damp cloth and place a smooth sheet of clingfilm on top of it.
How to cook oysters with panko crumbs?Add the panko crumbs and cook, stirring, until the crumbs are lightly browned. In a bowl, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons of softened butter with the chives, lemon juice, and the lemon zest. Top each oyster with a scant teaspoon of the butter-and-chives mixture and then sprinkle each one with the buttered panko crumbs.
How to cook oysters on the grill with garlic?Garlic and Herb Baked Oysters: Add a small, finely minced clove of garlic to the butter in the skillet. Cook in the butter for 1 minute before adding the panko crumbs and then continue with the recipe. Grilled Herb and Butter Oysters: Preheat the grill to high heat.