YOGURT BAKED CHICKEN
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish in a sigle layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings, green onions, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt/seasoning mixture over the chicken breasts, turning them over to coat well with the yogurt mixture.
- For best results, cover and chill for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover the chicken and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
ROASTED CURRY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH YOGURT CUMIN SAUCE
Provided by Claire Robinson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small, dry, heavy skillet over moderate heat, toast the cumin seeds until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Finely grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Mash the garlic to a paste and transfer half the garlic to a medium bowl. Whisk in the curry paste, 1 cup yogurt and half the cumin. Transfer the chicken to a plastic re-sealable bag and pour the yogurt mixture into the bag, making sure all the chicken is covered. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and top with a cooling rack.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place on the cooling rack in the sheet pan. Bake until cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup yogurt and the remaining garlic and cumin. Serve a dollop of sauce on top of the chicken.
- What really makes this recipe sing: Toasting and grinding your own spices here, makes all the difference in the world. If you don't remember when you bought that jar of cumin, then you should throw it out and start fresh.
BAKED CHICKEN WITH CHILE-YOGURT MARINADE
- 1. To make the marinade, with the machine running, drop the garlic and jalapeño through the feed tube of a food processor. Add the onion and cilantro, and pulse until the onion is finely chopped. Add the yogurt, lime zest and juice, chili powder, and salt, and process into a purée. (Or place all of the ingredients, but only 1 cup of the yogurt, in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer the marinade to a bowl and stir in the remaining yogurt.)
- 2. Divide the chicken pieces between two 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bags. Pour in the marinade and seal the bags. Refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 8 hours.
- 3. Position two racks in the top third and center of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly oil the foil. (This makes for easy cleanup.)
- 4. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken and switch the positions of the baking sheets from top to bottom. Continue baking until a drumstick shows no sign of pink when pierced at the bone, about 25 minutes more. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve the chicken hot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir until creamy smooth. Add lemon and stir together. (Note: If you do not stir the yogurt first, the lemon juice will make the yogurt curdle.) In a separate shallow dish or bowl combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder and salt to taste; mix together.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish place 1 scant pat of butter or margarine for each chicken breast. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Dip each breast in the lemon/yogurt mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture (coating completely but not heavily).
- Place coated chicken in the baking dish and top each breast with a full pat of butter or margarine. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.8 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 81.4 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 573.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
This tender marinated chicken gets its zing from chili powder and cumin. For variety, add a tablespoon of tomato paste to the marinade or replace the chili powder with chopped green chiles. It's a surefire hit of summer cookouts. -Naheed Saleem, Stanford, Connecticut
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oil, ginger, sugar and seasonings; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight., Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack., Prepare the grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan and grill chicken, covered, bone side down over indirect medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn; grill 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 163mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CAULIFLOWER AND HERBY YOGURT
This weeknight sheet-pan meal of crispy roasted chicken thighs and cauliflower gets a flavor boost from a tangy herbed yogurt sauce. If your cauliflower comes with leaves attached, don't toss them. Roast them alongside the florets; just toss them with a little bit of olive oil and add them to the sheet pan about halfway through the cooking time. Make sure to scoop up a bit of yogurt with each bite.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and set a rack in the center.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coriander, paprika and Aleppo pepper with 1 tablespoon oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat in the oil and spices. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Add the cauliflower, shallots, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to coat, then arrange the vegetables in a single layer surrounding the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through and the cauliflower is browned, tossing the vegetables once or twice, about 40 minutes. (If the chicken is done before the cauliflower, transfer the thighs to a plate, cover, and continue cooking the cauliflower until golden brown.)
- While the chicken bakes, prepare the yogurt sauce: Whisk the yogurt, mint, cilantro, lemon juice and grated garlic with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and top with any juices left on the sheet pan and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with a swoop of yogurt on the side, and fresh cilantro, if desired.
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GARLICKY CUCUMBER YOGURT
In this simple, homey weeknight dinner, boneless chicken thighs are tossed with garlic, herbs and red-pepper flakes, then roasted along with lemon wedges in the pan. As the lemons brown, their acids mellow, becoming softer and sweeter. When squeezed over the chicken for serving, they offer a rounded tang that's complemented by dollops of cucumber-flecked yogurt and chopped fresh mint. The combination of cucumbers and yogurt is a classic across many cultures, from Indian raita to Persian mast-o khiar to Greek tzatziki and beyond. For this recipe, be sure to use thick Greek-style or other strained yogurt (such as labneh) or substitute sour cream. Thinner yogurt will make the sauce runny. Serve this over rice or with flatbread to catch the juices and the cucumber yogurt.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories poultry, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Season chicken generously with the salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine 3 of the grated garlic cloves, thyme or oregano, red-pepper flakes and olive oil. Add chicken and lemon wedges, and toss until well coated. (If you want to work ahead, you can refrigerate the chicken for up to 12 hours before roasting.)
- Arrange chicken and lemons on a sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with a little more oil and roast until chicken is cooked through, 27 to 35 minutes. If you'd like more color on your chicken, run the pan under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until chicken is lightly charred in places.
- As the chicken roasts, stir together yogurt, grated cucumber and remaining minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, squeeze roasted lemon wedges all over chicken, and sprinkle with mint and more red-pepper flakes, if you like. Serve chicken accompanied by cucumber-yogurt sauce and a drizzle of olive oil over everything.
More about "baked chicken in yogurt sauce recipes"
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE (ONE POT)
5/5 (6)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main MealCalories 621 per serving
- Place the chicken (skin-side up) in a cast iron skillet or wide-bottomed pan (oven-proof). Pour the chicken stock, white wine and lemon juice all over the chicken and into the pan and add the thyme. Grind over some salt and pepper.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN YOGURT SAUCE - ITO-JIMUSYO.COM
GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN (EASY OVEN-BAKED RECIPE)
YOGURT-MARINATED CHICKEN & GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
GREEK YOGURT ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - THE LIFE JOLIE
BAKED CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TURMERIC AND YOGURT SAUCE
CRISPY BAKED YOGURT CHICKEN: THE SECRET TO MAKE IT TENDER AND
RECIPE BAKED CHICKEN IN YOGURT SAUCE - MYDAILYMOMENT
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN WITH SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TANDOORI SPICED BAKED CHICKEN IN YOGURT MASALA - YVONNE MAFFEI
15 YOGURT-MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GARLIC-YOGURT BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - DIETHOOD
EASY BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - BELLY FULL
10 BEST CHICKEN BREASTS YOGURT SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE BAKED CHICKEN IN YOGURT SAUCE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED CHICKEN WITH CUMIN, PAPRIKA AND A CREAMY YOGURT SAUCE
BAKED CHICKEN WITH GREEK YOGURT RANCH SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ROAST CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OVEN BAKED MUSTARD YOGURT CHICKEN - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
YOGURT BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - STONYFIELD
BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE WITH CHILI YOGURT SAUCE
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS IN YOGURT SAUCE - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
HEALTHIER CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN WITH GREEK YOGURT RANCH SAUCE
CRISPY YOGURT CHICKEN - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CRISPY BAKED YOGURT CHICKEN: THE SECRET TO MAKE IT TENDER AND …
BAKED GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN - BELLY FULL
GREEK YOGURT PARMESAN CHICKEN - SLENDER KITCHEN
BAKED BONE IN CHICKEN PIECES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE - A LITTLE AND A LOT
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH YOGURT SAUCE - REAL GREEK RECIPES
CHICKEN BAKED IN YOGURT SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRISPIEST OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN FINGERS IN AMAZING YOGURT CRUST
YOGURT MARINATED CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
INDIAN YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
YOGURT MARINATED CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken and yogurt?Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, and thyme; mix until combined. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; mix until chicken is thoroughly coated.
How to make garlic yogurt baked chicken breasts?HOW TO MAKE GARLIC YOGURT BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS: Combine yogurt, garlic, and thyme in a bowl and mix until combined. Combine yogurt mixture with chicken and refrigerate anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours. Transfer chicken to a baking pan. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over chicken breasts.
How do you cook chicken thighs in the oven with yogurt?Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, and thyme; mix until combined. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; mix until chicken is thoroughly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
How do you cook chicken breasts in Greek yogurt sauce?After the chicken marinade is ready, spread 2 tablespoons of melted butter at the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the melted butter and then divide the Greek yogurt mixture between the chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken is fully coated with the Greek yogurt mixture!