ROASTED ONION & MUSHROOM SOUP
This recipe is one I created by combining my Roasted French Onion Soup and elements of a mushroom soup found on 'Zaar; the mushrooms are made rich and succulent by roasting them with garlic while the onions are roasting. I make it using a combination of button, cremini, portabella, and shitake mushrooms - I love how the portabella mushrooms add depth and enhance the mushroom flavour. It can be served as is, or done up like french onion soup, with toasted crusty bread and melted old cheddar on top. If you're not a vegetarian, you could use beef broth instead of the dark vegetable stock.
Provided by Katzen
Yield 10 cups, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine first four ingredients in a non-reactive baking dish (glass, corningware - not metal), and roast, stirring several times, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine next three ingredients in a covered baking dish, and roast for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Deglaze onions with wine.
- Melt butter in soup pot, add chopped onions and celery, and sweat until onions are translucent. Add roasted onions, mushrooms, stock, and soy sauce, and simmer 30 minutes, adding additional soy sauce if necessary.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.3, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 6.1, Sodium 232.7, Carbohydrate 6.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3, Protein 2.5
MUSHROOM ONION SOUP
Even those who don't like mushrooms like this soup! I've found it's a great first course when I have friends over. Our home is a hobby farm with a view of Mississippi River bluffs. We have three daughters-20, 19 and 16.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (about 1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim mushroom stems level with the caps; finely chop stems and thinly slice caps. , In a large saucepan, melt butter; add mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Blend in flour; add broth, salt if desired, and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Add rice and bay leaf; cover and simmer until the rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 26mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY FRENCH ONION AND MUSHROOM SOUP.
Everything you love about a warming, cheesy bowl of French onion soup...but better!
Provided by Tieghan Gerard
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1. Melt together the butter, onions, and honey in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 10 minutes. At this point, you want to slowly add 3/4 cup of the wine, 1/4 cup at a time, until the wine cooks into the onions. Continue to cook another 10-15 minutes until you've used the 3/4 cup of wine and the onions are deeply caramelized.2. Add the garlic, mushrooms, thyme, and sage. Season with salt and pepper, cook another 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine, the broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and return the soup to a simmer, simmer 10 minutes, then stir in the cream and cook another 5-10 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and discard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes, until very dry. Switch the oven to broil. 4. Ladle the soup into oven safe bowls. Add a slice of bread to each, and top evenly with cheese. Place each soup bowl on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven, broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with fresh thyme. Eat!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
BEAUTIFUL BAKED FRENCH ONION AND MUSHROOM SOUP
This recipe takes some time to make but it needs very little attention. You can work on the main meal while this is cooking. Breaking into the cheesy crust on top is a unique way to present this soup to your guests.
Provided by Nif_H
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and thinly slice into half moon shapes.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot and heat to one notch over low. Add onions and sprinkle them with salt. Cover and let onions sweat for 15 minutes. Give onions a quick stir, cover and let sweat for another 15 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, thinly slice your mushrooms, mince your garlic and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Get 4 ovenproof bowls and place face-down on the pie crust. Cut 4 large circles out of pie crust, about 1" bigger than the size of your bowl. They do NOT have to be perfect circles - they look more rustic if the edges are jagged.
- When onions are done sweating, uncover, turn heat to medium and brown slightly while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, sherry, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, bay leaf, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer for ½ hour or more.
- Remove bay leaf. Pour soup evenly into bowls and cover each bowl with a crust. The crust should not be touching the soup. Poke 1 small hole in the middle of each crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Crust should be just golden.
- Remove, and sprinkle each bowl evenly with Swiss cheese. Put back in the oven for about 3 minutes, until cheese has just melted.
- Serve immediately and let your guests cut into the crunchy crust with their spoons and the cheese will melt into the soup.
BAKED ONION RICE WITH MUSHROOMS
What a wonderful dish! A good dish to have with any meal! Very easy and also transports well to potluck dinners. Everyone loves this dish!
Provided by Seasoned Cook
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sautee rice in butter. Place in casserole dish with other ingredients.
- Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed by rice.
BAKED ONION-MUSHROOM STEAK
- Place steak in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour mushroom soup and 1/2 c water over steak and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.6, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 99.8, Sodium 5122.7, Carbohydrate 39.2, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 12.2, Protein 44.2
KAREN'S EASY BAKED MUSHROOM AND ONION RISOTTO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Reynolds® Oven Bag in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Add flour, salt and pepper to bag. Gently squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
- Add onion, mushrooms, rice and 1 tablespoon butter to oven bag. Turn bag several time to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
- Microwave water and chicken broth in a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for about 3 minutes on high power until liquid is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle liquid over ingredients in bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
- Close bag at gathers with nylon tie. Cut six 1/2 inch slits in top near tie.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully cut top of bag open. Spoon rice mixture into a large serving bowl. Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter and shredded cheese. Stir in up to cup additional hot water, if needed to make mixture creamy. Add additional salt and pepper and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 14.9 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 651.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
PIEROGIE AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the bottom and sides of a lasagna-size casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cook and stir onion in hot bacon grease until golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer onion to bacon and drain bacon grease from the skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms in hot butter until golden and moisture evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with a single layer of frozen pierogies and spread 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup on top. Layer bacon, onions, and mushrooms over the top. Spread remaining pierogies over mushrooms, cover with remaining cream of mushroom soup, and top with Cheddar cheese. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until casserole is golden and cheese is bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.1 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 26.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 1733.5 mg, Sugar 20.1 g
ROASTED MUSHROOM, ONION, AND GARLIC SOUP
A tasty mushroom soup made with no milk or cream. White beans are used to thicken, and roasting mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the oven add great flavor. It's a flexible recipe. You can use any combination of mushrooms that you'd like, and any kind of broth that you'd like. This recipe calls for pureeing the onions, garlic and a small amount of the mushrooms, leaving most of the mushroom quarters for the soup, but you can puree as many of the mushrooms as you'd like. I've tried it as written, and also with all of it pureed. I actually like it best all pureed - it's like a more traditional mushroom soup. Adapted from a recipe found online - the original also called for 3 cans of beans, half of which were pureed, and half were left whole for the soup.
Provided by Recipe Reader
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions and garlic with 1 TBS olive oil, half the salt, and half the pepper.
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Then toss the mushrooms with the remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, 8 of the thyme stems, and the sage leaves.
- Spread onto another baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-30 minutes - stirring every 8 minutes and remove and set aside any pieces that are browning nicely (before they burn).
- In a blender, add 1 cup of broth, 1 can of beans, the onions, garlic, sage leaves, about 1/2 cup mushrooms. Blend until pureed.
- Pour into a pot on the stove, and add the remaining chicken broth, mushroom pieces, and leaves from two remaining thyme stems.
- Heat and simmer 15 minutes.
BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
When done right, these baked pork chops are fork-tender. Great comfort food for cold days! The cream of mushroom soup gravy is great on both the pork chops and mashed potatoes.
Provided by CANDYLOTUS
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place sliced onion pieces on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Lay pork chops over the onions. Cover chops evenly with cream of mushroom soup. Add water and bouillon to the top, breaking up bouillon cubes to get the flavor spread out. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring the gravy once or twice, until no longer pink in the centers, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chop should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.3 calories, Carbohydrate 13.8 g, Cholesterol 106.6 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 44.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1673.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
HEAVENLY ONION CASSEROLE
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onions and mushrooms until tender. Place in a 11x7-in. baking dish or 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Combine the soup, milk and soy sauce; pour over cheese. Top with bread and cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Loosely cover with foil and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
BAKED MUSHROOM RICE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the white rice, cream of mushroom soup, and vegetable broth. Blend in the onion, mushrooms, parsley, oregano, melted butter, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. If the rice is looking dry before it is tender, then pour in a little water and continue cooking until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.5 calories, Carbohydrate 57.9 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 461.9 mg, Sugar 2 g
MUSHROOM ONION RICE
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice and cook just until lightly browned. Mix in soup, mushrooms and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.6 calories, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 2.9 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 825.8 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
More about "baked onion and mushroom soup recipes"
ONION & MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Low-Calorie Winter Dinner RecipesCalories 182 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion and leeks in hot oil, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions and leeks are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes more or until onions and leeks are golden brown.
- Stir mushrooms and carrots into onion mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in chicken broth, the 1 3/4 cups water, cooked rice, sherry (if desired) and pepper.
- Combine the 1/2 cup cold water and flour in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until smooth; stir into the rice mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
BAKED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND ROASTED ONION SOUP RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
POT ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP AND CREAM OF MUSHROOM
BAKED VEGETABLE MEDLEY - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
ONION MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE - NIKIBFOOD.COM
MUSHROOM ONION SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THE VERY BEST BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP
JAMIE OLIVER BAKED MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | 7 WAYS …
BAKED STEAK WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX - LOVESTEAKCLUB.COM
EASY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN SUPREME RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
LIPTON ONION SOUP PORK CHOPS BAKED - SOUPNATION.NET
BAKED MUSHROOM SOUP FROM JAMIE OLIVER’S 7 WAYS - NUTREATS
MUSHROOM SOUP WITH ONIONS - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST BAKED ONION CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRENCH ONION MUSHROOM CASSEROLE - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND ONION …
ROASTED MUSHROOM AND ONION SOUP - VICTORIA
MUSHROOM CASSEROLE RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
CHICKEN WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND ONION SOUP MIX
BAKED ONIONS - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
MUSHROOM ONION SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: CREAMY MUSHROOM AND ROASTED ONION SOUP - LOS ANGELES …
BAKED CREAM OF MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
CHICKEN WITH ONION SOUP MIX CREAM OF MUSHROOM RECIPES
BRISKET WITH ONION SOUP MIX AND CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
EASY FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS - MUSHROOM APPRECIATION
DRY ONION SOUP MIX RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BAKED MUSHROOM RICE FRENCH ONION SOUP - BAKINGCLUB.NET
OVEN CHUCK ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
MUSHROOM AND ONION SOUP RECIPE | COLES
POT ROAST CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND ONION SOUP RECIPES
BAKED COD WITH MUSHROOMS AND SAUTéED ONIONS - FEEDING THE …
ROAST BEEF WITH ONION SOUP MIX AND CREAM OF MUSHROOM
You'll also love