BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE
This Banoffee Pie is a magical tri-layer confection of bananas, toffee and whipped cream that will send your taste buds into an overdrive.
Provided by Julia Frey
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare an 8 inch tart or pie plate by greasing with butter and set aside.
- Process the cookies in a food processor until they turn into crumbs or put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and stir into the cookie crumbs until well combined. Line the pie plate with the cookie crumb mixture making sure it comes all the way to the top of the plate. Your pie crust should be approximately 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate the crust at least 4 hours to set.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, then spread on a clean cookie sheet in a thin layer. Put the cookie sheet in the fridge to set for 1 hour. Remove from the fridge and drag the blade of your knife across the chocolate surface in smooth and firm movements to create curls. Once the curls are created, put them back in the fridge until needed.
- Fill the pie crust with the prepared toffee filling and flatten with an offset spatula. Add a layer of sliced bananas.
- Whip the heavy cream with icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form then top your sliced bananas with it. Use the back of your spoon to create swirls. Then top with chocolate curls. Chill banoffee pie in the fridge for two hours before serving to allow layers to set and flavours to meld.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 30 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Cholesterol 91 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BANOFFEE (BANANA TOFFEE) PIE
An absolutely decadent banana-toffee pie, recreated after a trip to England. This is a fairly common dessert in Britain, with layers of banana, gooey caramel, and whipped cream on a graham crumb crust. It's very sweet, so a small piece goes a long way! The cooking time may seem long, but that is simply the condensed milk caramelizing on the stove. Top with chocolate curls if desired.
Provided by Tara
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place unopened can of condensed milk in a large pot; cover with water. Bring to boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover pot with lid and simmer for 3 hours to make the toffee, checking periodically to ensure the can is still immersed and adding more water as needed.
- Remove can from the pot and allow to cool until safe to handle. Rinse with cold running water for 10 minutes to speed up cooling.
- Open carefully and stir toffee until smooth. Spread toffee over the bottom of the prepared graham pie crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Layer sliced bananas on top of the toffee. Beat cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Spread whipped cream over bananas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 calories, Carbohydrate 60.2 g, Cholesterol 57.4 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 244.6 mg, Sugar 46.7 g
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and ginger until well blended . Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. Cool in refrigerator.
- In a sauce pan, boil an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours. Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan. Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Open can and pour toffee into pie crust. Allow to cool.
- Slice bananas over toffee.
- Whip 2 cups of cream and spoon it on top of bananas. Refrigerate before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709.6 calories, Carbohydrate 60.1 g, Cholesterol 159.2 mg, Fat 51 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 31.3 g, Sodium 344.1 mg, Sugar 47.8 g
EASY BANOFFEE PIE
Treat loved ones to a banoffee pie for dessert featuring a classic biscuit base, oozy caramel, bananas, cream and chocolate. Who could resist?
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Crush the digestive biscuits, either by hand using a wooden spoon, or in a food processor, until you get fine crumbs, tip into a bowl. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter until fully combined. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose bottomed fluted tart tin and cover the tin, including the sides, with the biscuit in an even layer. Push down with the back of a spoon to smooth the surface and chill for 1 hr, or overnight.
- Beat the caramel to loosen and spoon it over the bottom of the biscuit base. Spread it out evenly using the back of a spoon or palette knife. Gently push the chopped banana into the top of the caramel until the base is covered. Put in the fridge.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar until billowy and thick. Take the pie out of the fridge and spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas. Grate the dark chocolate over the cream, if you like, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 43 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 29 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
With generous layers of dulce de leche, bananas and whipped cream, this dazzling pie is not for the faint of heart. The banoffee or banoffi pie, a mash-up of banana and toffee, was created in 1971 by the chef Ian Dowding and Nigel MacKenzie, the owner of the Hungry Monk, a now-closed restaurant in Sussex, England. The original recipe called for a traditional pie crust, homemade dulce de leche and coffee-flavored whipped cream, but we've simplified it for the home cook by using a graham cracker crust, store-bought dulce de leche and plain whipped cream. If you like, you could add a teaspoon of instant coffee granules to the whipped cream.
Provided by Margaux Laskey
Categories pies and tarts, dessert
Yield One 9-inch pie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt. Stir until fully incorporated and sandy. (When you pinch a bit of it between your fingers, it should hold together.) Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Using your fingers or a flat-bottomed cup, press the mixture into the pie plate and up the sides. Make sure it is well packed. Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Spoon the dulce de leche into the pie crust and spread into an even layer. Pile in banana slices into a relatively even layer (they should overlap). Transfer the pie to the refrigerator while you make the whipped cream.
- Make the whipped cream: Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and instant coffee, if using, on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread the whipped cream on top of the bananas, making sure to spread the whipped cream to the edge, totally covering the bananas (this will help prevent them from browning). Chill the pie, uncovered, for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle the pie with chocolate shavings or fresh coffee grounds, if desired. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days. The whipped cream may lose some height, but the pie will be no less delicious.
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: sweetened condensed milk, graham crackers, unsalted butter, nonstick cooking spray, heavy cream, sugar, bananas, chocolate shaving
Provided by Chris Salicrup
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and set in a larger baking dish. Fill the larger dish with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the smaller dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 90 minutes. Check the water level occasionally, making sure that it reaches halfway and refilling as necessary.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the hot water bath and let cool to room temperature. Whisk the mixture (now it's dulce de leche!) until smooth.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the graham crackers and melted butter. Pulse until crackers are finely ground and the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Grease a 9-inch (22 cm) tart pan with nonstick spray. Add the graham cracker mixture to the tin and press evenly to cover pan completely.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Spread the dulce de leche in the cooled tart crust, using a flexible spatula to smooth it into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight, until set.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks are just beginning to form. Add the sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove the pie from the refrigerator. Scatter the banana slices over the dulce de leche. Top with the whipped cream, spreading evenly to cover bananas, and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608 calories, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 67 grams
THE BEST BANOFFEE PIE YOU'LL EVER MAKE!
Different to all the others on here. This is simple to make and doesn't take ages. I always make a double one as there is never enough to go around...everyone will want seconds. Deviate from this recipe at your peril. I have followed this recipe exactly for years and have NEVER has a duff pie. Cook time does not include chill time.
Provided by Tulip-Fairy
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Blitz biscuits to fine breadcrumbs.
- Add mixed spice and melted butter and blend.
- Press the mixture into a lined loose bottomed cake tin, then chill well.
- Place butter and sugars into a non stick pan, melt until it turns to a liquid.
- Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Boil steadily for EXACTLY 1 minute, stirring frequently to make a golden caramel.
- Add the treacle and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base and place in the fridge for about 1 Ã‚Â½ hours until firm.
- Arrange the bananas over the caramel.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder or chocolate curls to decorate.
More about "banoffee recipes"
BANOFFEE PIE ORIGINAL RECIPE - CLASSIC BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE
THE BEST BANOFFEE PIE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BANOFFEE PIE - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
WORLD'S BEST BANOFFEE CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS - DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
MARY BERRY'S BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD BANOFFEE PIE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - EASY RECIPE | CRAFT PASSION RECIPE
BANOFFEE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BANOFFEE PIE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH DESSERT RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
BEST BANOFFEE PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
THE MOST AMAZING BANOFFEE PIE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
ANNA'S BANOFFEE PIE - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE [STEP BY STEP PHOTOS]
THE BEST BANOFFEE PIE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY ONE BOWL BANOFFEE CAKE - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
BANOFFEE CAKE - EASY DESSERT RECIPE - COLLEGE HOUSEWIFE
NO-BAKE BANOFFEE PIE CUPS RECIPE – BAKING LIKE A CHEF
MOIST BAILEYS BANOFFEE CAKE RECIPE - DOBBERNATIONLOVES
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE AUSTRALIA | COOKING WITH NANA LING
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
THE BEST BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
BANOFFEE TRIFLE | RICARDO
BANOFFEE PIE: BANANAS & TOFFEE, AN INCREDIBLE COMBO ... - BAKING A …
BANOFFEE PIE - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
BANOFFEE CREAM PIE | FOODTALK
BANOFFEE DESSERT POTS (NO BAKE) - THE BAKING EXPLORER
CLASSIC BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE | CARNATION
BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE FROM FORMER PERSONAL CHEF OF PRINCE CHARLES ...
BANOFFEE SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BANOFFEE | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
KETO BANOFFEE PIE (GLUTEN FREE) – SUGAR FREE LONDONER
BANOFFEE COCKTAIL - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
BEST BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
THE BEST BANOFFEE DESSERTS - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
BANOFFEE PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASIEST EVER BANOFFEE PIE RECIPE – 5 INGREDIENTS!
IRISH STYLE BANOFFEE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANOFFEE ALASKA | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #easy #no-cook #steam #cakes #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love