HOISIN BARBECUED DUCK
This is delicious and easy and only 4 ingredients! I found this in my 'Weber's Real Grilling' cookbook so it's kind of tailored to gas grill cooking...which is not to say that you can't do this on a charcoal grill, I would just carefully arrange the coals on the perimeter of the grill so that you're grilling on indirect heat. For gas grills, this is best done on grills with 4 vertical burners...place the duck on the middle of the grill and turn on the two end burners. That worked perfectly for me and I ended up with the best duck I've ever made. My 'neutral about duck' husband raved over it and asked me to make duck only this way in the future. I served this with my Baby Bok Choy with Oyster sauce (#74827) and my Scallion Cake (#82493) and I don't mean to self-promote those recipes but this ended up being such a perfect meal for us, I just can't help talking about it :)
Provided by Hey Jude
Categories Whole Duck
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove and discard, or use for other purposes, the neck, giblets and any excess fat from either end of the duck; prick the duck skin all over with a small knife, going sideways and DON'T go through to the meat and pay special attention to the fattier areas of the breasts - you want to get as much fat out as possible during the boiling time.
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the duck (I placed the duck in the pot, filled with water, removed the duck and then placed the pot over the burner to heat); bring the water to a boil and then carefully lower the duck into the water and push it down (wooden spoons are good here); bring the water back to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook the duck for 15 minutes.
- Place a long handled spoon into the duck cavity and lift carefully, letting the cavity water drain into the pot, then place the duck onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels; pat dry, inside and out.
- Season the duck with the salt and pepper, inside and out; bend back the wings and tie the legs together with twine.
- Grill over indirect high heat (see my comments in my description) for 45 minutes (less if you like your duck rare); brush the duck all over with 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce and continue grilling until the skin is dark brown, about 10-15 minutes, watch carefully as the duck can brown pretty fast with the hoisin sauce on it.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve warm with remaining hoisin sauce -- we used a lot more sauce during the serving time!
- This is great with scallion cakes or you could also make a sort of 'peking duck' out of this with some mandarin pancakes, hoisin sauce and sliced green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1316.2, Fat 125.2, SaturatedFat 42, Cholesterol 241.4, Sodium 1039.5, Carbohydrate 7.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 4.4, Protein 37
CHINESE-STYLE BARBECUED DUCK
- Prick the skin of the duck all over with a fork, particularly around the breast. Combine the hoisin, soy sauce, mirin, honey, sesame oil, chili oil, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer slowly for 5 minutes. Place the duck in a shallow dish, add half of the hoisin mixture and turn to coat well. Marinate several hours or overnight, turning the duck frequently.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the duck on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil. Discard the marinade from the duck. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and prick the duck again.
- Continue roasting, uncovered, until the juices run slightly pink when pricked in the thickest part of the thigh, about 30 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir the orange juice into the remaining hoisin mixture. Carve the duck and serve, passing the sauce for dipping.
SPICE RUBBED GRILLED DUCK BREAST
- Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, five spice powder, dry mustard and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the duck so it has a 1/4-inch diamond pattern. Rub the spice mixture all over the duck.
- Heat a grill to medium (make sure it's not too hot since the key is to cook duck slowly to render the fat) and wipe down the grates with an oiled towel. Place the duck skin-side down on the grate and cook until the skin is seared and the fat is rendered, 4 to 5 minutes. (If there are occasional flare-ups from the fat, move the duck around on the grill to a new spot away from the flame each time.) Flip the duck over and place on a cooler part of the grill. Cook for an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 to 7 minutes before cutting against the grain into thick slices.
- Following the directions in the proceeding recipe for Basic Roast Duck, roast the ducks for the three hours at 300 degrees, through Step 5. The final preparation can then be done immediately, or if more convenient up to one hour later.
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Mix the soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, sherry vinegar, five-spice powder and chili oil together. Quarter the ducks and brush with this mixture.
- Barbecue the duck pieces, skin side down at first, for about 20 minutes, basting with the sauce.
BBQ GRESSINGHAM DUCK BREASTS
A delicious duck recipe with Honey, Ginger and Soy Sauce perfect for long sunny days
Provided by gressingham
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Using a sharp knife, score the skins of the duck breasts, season well and set aside.
- To make the marinade, place all of the remaining ingredients into a liquidiser, blitz well and pour into a bowl.
- Place the duck breasts onto a pre-heated BBQ skin-side down and continuously baste/brush the breasts with the honey marinade throughout the cooking time, while moving the breasts around to avoid sticking. The duck breasts should take around 15 minutes to cook. Alternatively cut the duck breasts into strips for a quicker cooking time.
- Delicious served with garlic and lavender new potatoes.
GRILLED WILD DUCK BREAST
- Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, hot sauce, garlic, and pepper. Add the duck breasts, and toss well to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- Grill the duck to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well, depending on the size of the breast, and the temperature of the grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 222.5 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 43.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 346.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
BARBECUED WILD DUCK
Our three grown sons request finger-licking wild duck recipes each fall, especially this recipe. Basting with the homemade barbecue sauce keeps the poultry nice and moist. -Gloria Wedo, Slayton, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender. , Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306 calories, Fat 22g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 1148mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
- Split duck in half.
- Flatten and place on rack in shallow pan.
- Bake in a 375°F oven.
- Cook all ingredients for sauce for 5 minutes before using.
- Bast with barbecue sauce every 10 minutes while baking.
- Cook ducks until cooked through.
More about "barbecue duck recipes"
BBQ DUCK RECIPES - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
4.2/5 (8)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 337 per serving
BARBECUED DUCK RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
2/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4-5Calories 183 per serving
- If using charcoal briquets, ignite 40 briquets on the firegrate of a barbecue, let burn until coals are dotted with ash, about 20 minutes, then push half the coals to each side of the grate. Set a foil drip pan (about 8 by 12 in.--slightly longer and wider than duck--and at least 1 in. deep) on firegrate between mounds of coals. Set grill in place. Add 4 briquets to each mound of coals now and every 30 minutes of cooking.
- If using a gas barbecue, turn heat to high and close lid for at least 10 minutes. Adjust heat to medium and burners for indirect cooking. Put drip pan between ignited burners. Set grill in place.
- Meanwhile, remove giblets from 1 duck (about 5 lb.) and reserve for other uses. Rinse, drain, and pat bird dry. Discard lumps of fat. With a fork, pierce just through skin all over at about 1-inch intervals. Fold wing tips under back. Pin neck skin to back of duck with a metal skewer. Pin body cavity shut and tie legs together.
- Lay duck, breast up, on grill directly over drip pan. Cover barbecue; open vents for charcoal. Temperature inside barbecue should be about 300°. Cook until duck is lightly browned and a thermometer inserted in thigh against bone at hip joint registers 185°, about 2 hours.
BBQ WHOLE DUCK RECIPE – BBQ ›› LUV-A-DUCK – AUSTRALIA’S …
Servings 4Category BBQ
CANTONESE ROAST DUCK RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HONEY BARBECUE DUCK LEGS - DUCKS UNLIMITED
GRILLED BARBECUE DUCK BREAST - BARBECUE SMOKER RECIPES
DUCK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRISP BBQ DUCK RECIPE - BBQ INSIDER
HOW TO BBQ DUCK RECIPE - PLANET BARBECUE
BARBECUED DUCK RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BBQ DUCK | MAPLE LEAF FARMS
BBQ DUCK RECIPES - BARBECUE SMOKER RECIPES
HOISIN BARBECUED DUCK | POULTRY RECIPES | WEBER GRILLS
BBQ DUCK RECIPES FROM LUV-A-DUCK – AUSTRALIA’S FAVOURITE DUCK
SECRETS TO GRILLING A DUCK - THE SPRUCE EATS
5 BEST GRILLED DUCK RECIPES - WILDFOWL
YUZU PAN SEARED DUCK – BACHAN'S
GRILLED DUCK RECIPE
HOW TO GRILL WHOLE DUCK | MAPLE LEAF FARMS - DUCK RECIPES
BARBECUED DUCK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GLAZED BARBECUED DUCK | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
PEKING DUCK RECIPE FOR THE GRILL | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
HOW TO BBQ A WHOLE DUCK ON THE WEBER KETTLE GRILL - YOUTUBE
HOW TO GRILL THE PERFECT DUCK BREAST - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
HOW TO COOK DUCK BREAST ON THE BBQ · GRESSINGHAM
HOW TO ROAST A DUCK ON THE BARBECUE | HAYES GARDEN WORLD
10 BEST GRILLED DUCK BREAST GRILL RECIPES | YUMMLY
BARBECUED WILD DUCK - LAKE OF THE WOODS
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY DUCK LEGS ON THE BBQ - YOUTUBE
GRILLED DUCK BREAST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED DUCK
BBQ DUCK LEGS RECIPE - GOOD VITTLES
CHINESE BARBECUED DUCK | CANADIAN LIVING
HOW TO GRILL DUCK BREAST — DUCKCHAR
THE BEST GRILLED DUCK RECIPES - HOME, FAMILY, STYLE AND ART IDEAS
BARBECUED DUCK BURGER RECIPE - NAPOLEON.COM
DUCK WING WITH ASIAN SEASONINGS AND GOAT CHEESE POPPERS …
HOW TO COOK DUCK LEGS ON THE BBQ · GRESSINGHAM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #barbecue #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #duck #whole-duck #equipment #grilling #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook barbecued duck?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Split duck in half. Flatten and place on rack in shallow pan. Bake in a 375°F oven. Cook all ingredients for sauce for 5 minutes before using. Bast with barbecue sauce every 10 minutes while baking. Cook ducks until cooked through. “Barbecued Duck - easy and flavorful!
How do you cook duck breast in Worcestershire sauce?Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, hot sauce, garlic, and pepper. Add the duck breasts, and toss well to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight. Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. Grill the duck to desired doneness,...
How to cook a duck roast in the oven?Rub inside of duck cavity with miso paste. Reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) sauce for basting; pour remaining sauce into cavity. Skewer or sew neck to completely seal in liquid. Place duck, breast side down, on rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in 350°F (180°C) oven for 1-1/2 hours. Pour off fat.
What is the best way to cook a split duck?Split duck in half. Flatten and place on rack in shallow pan. Bake in a 375°F oven. Cook all ingredients for sauce for 5 minutes before using. Bast with barbecue sauce every 10 minutes while baking.