BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
With tasty tender slices of beef and fresh colorful vegetables, this mouthwatering stir-fry was designated "a keeper" by my husband the first time I made it. He loves the beef and asparagus, and I appreciate how quick it is to make.-JoLynn Hill, Roosevelt, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Slice beef into thin 3-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. , In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry half of the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and 1 tablespoon oil. , Stir-fry the asparagus and cauliflower in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet. , In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and remaining water; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 461mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEEF ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
"Chinese food is a big hit with my family, so this stir-fry is popular at our house...especially when I put a little extra bite in it with the red pepper flakes," relates Debby Petersen of Niagara, Wisconsin. To make sure the steak is tender, cut it into thin strips across the grain.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon wine or broth; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and remaining soy sauce and wine or broth until smooth; set aside., In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Stir-fry onion in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add celery, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender., Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 461mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEEF ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
Beef Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news.
Provided by LilPinkieJ
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a shallow glass container, combine 1 Tablepoon of oil, sugar, and half of the ginger. Add beef and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and remaining ginger until blended. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, brown beef in 1 Tablespoon of oil. Remove and keep warm. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil to the pan. Stir fry asparagus, red pepper and mushrooms for a minute or two. Add water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and chile until the sugar is dissolved. Add the beef, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Then add the beef and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside. Allow the liquid in the skillet to reduce until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, spring onions and asparagus and cook until all the vegetables are tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and toss to combine.
SESAME BEEF WITH ASPARAGUS
- Slice steak into broad 1/8-inch thick strips, about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long. In a small bowl combine steak strips with baking soda, crushed garlic cloves and 1/4 cup cold water. Mix well and soak 5 hours.
- Rinse steak slices and dry well on paper towels. In a small bowl mix together egg white and salt, stirring vigorously until egg white foams. Stir in sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon peanut oil and cornstarch. Add steak and toss to coat. Marinate 1/2 hour at room temperature. In another small bowl, combine thin soy sauce, Shao Hsing, remaining 4 teaspoons sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and sesame paste; set aside.
- In a wok heat remaining 4 cups peanut oil over high heat to 375 degrees. Drain beef, pat dry then deep-fry 45 seconds, turning pieces several times with a metal spoon. Using a slotted spoon, remove beef and drain on paper towels. When oil returns to 375 degrees, deep-fry 15 seconds more, remove beef, and drain. Repeat deep-frying, 15 seconds, a third time. Remove beef and drain on clean paper towels. When oil returns to 375 degrees, deep-fry asparagus and red bell pepper 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon oil from wok and increase heat to high. Add chili peppers, scallions, chopped garlic and chopped ginger; stir-fry 1 minute. Add asparagus and red pepper; stir-fry 10 seconds and add beef. Stir in soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil and serve immediately with rice.
SESAME BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
Get out the chopsticks it' s chinese for dinner tonight. This recipe goes together easily if you do all the prep work before starting to cook. This is an easy family supper that has everything meat, side and vegetable in one dish.
Provided by donnacooks
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a bowl mix together, soy,rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chopped ginger, 2 tsps. sesame oil cornstarch and pepper flakes, set aside.
- To 2 cups boiling water andd two beef ramen noodles, 1 seasoning packet, 4 scallions and 1 teaspoons sesame oil. Cook one minute, remove from heat; let stand covered.
- In a large skillet heat oil, add boneless sirloin and garlic and stir fry until lightly browned. Remove beef, keep warm. Add second Tbls. of oil add asparagus; stir fry until done to your taste.
- Add beef and soy mixture to skillet. Stir fry until thickened. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and more green onions. Toss with noodles and serve.
THAI-STYLE BEEF AND ASPARAGUS CURRY
- Place beef and curry paste in medium bowl. Stir to coat beef thoroughly. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until crisp-tender and beginning to char slightly, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add curry-coated beef in single layer. Cook over high heat without stirring until bottom of beef begins to char slightly, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and cook, stirring often, until sauce is bubbling and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus and heat through. Stir in basil. Squeeze lime wedges over mixture and serve.
STEAK AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, swirl to coat, and add steak. Season with salt and sear, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to wok and swirl to coat. Add ginger, chiles, and scallion whites and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Return steak to wok, along with scallion greens. Toss to combine and heat through. Remove from heat and season with salt. Serve over rice with lime wedges for squeezing and peanuts.
BEEF, SNAP PEA, AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Season steak with salt. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high. Cook steak, undisturbed, until brown on one side, 2 minutes (do not overcrowd pan). Flip and cook until cooked through, 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add asparagus, snap peas, garlic, and ginger to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly (add a little water if pan gets too dark), until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add soy mixture and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in lemon juice and basil. Toss steak with vegetables; serve with rice and lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 g, Fat 22 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 23 g
SESAME BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
- Spread sesame seeds on large plate. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; coat with sesame seeds.
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion; stir-fry 1 minute. Add asparagus; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add beef; stir-fry until brown, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add 1/3 cup water and hoisin sauce. Cook until sauce is bubbling and coats beef and vegetables, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
QUICK ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add asparagus and stir-fry until soft but still firm, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 41.3 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
More about "beef and asparagus stir fry recipes"
BEEF ASPARAGUS STIR FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 15 minsCategory BeefCalories 268 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced beef with 1 teaspoon oil, 1 teaspoon light soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Wash your asparagus, and cut about an inch off the bottom ends, depending on how tender they are. You can also use a vegetable peeler to peel the bottom of each stalk. Slice into 2-inch pieces on an angle.
- Next combine the salt, sugar, the rest of the light soy sauce (4 teaspoons), dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and stock or water into a bowl. Mix well and set aside. Have your wine measured out, garlic ready, and the cornstarch slurry mixed up before you begin cooking, because this is all going to happen very fast!
- Heat your wok until smoking. Add a couple tablespoons of oil and swirl it around to coat your wok. Quickly spread the beef slices around the wok in an even layer. Let it sear for 15-30 seconds without stirring. Then give it a quick stir to sear the other side. The meat should be browned and no sticking should happen if you got the wok hot enough! Take the meat out of the pan and set aside.
- Keep the wok on high heat and add another tablespoon of oil into the wok. Stir in your garlic and asparagus. Stir for about 10 seconds and add the shaoxing wine around the rim of the wok. Cover, leaving the heat on high. Let it cook for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the cover and add the sauce mixture and white pepper. Add the beef back to the pan and stir. Let the liquid bubble up. Stir up your cornstarch slurry to make sure the starch is dissolved and pour in about half of it. Stir for a few seconds. If the sauce is still thin, add more slurry. If it’s too thick, add a little water or stock. Plate and serve immediately!
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 2Calories 361 per servingTotal Time 21 mins
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add sesame seeds. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Drain beef, and pat dry with paper towels; wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus, mushrooms, crushed red pepper, and green onions. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet, and add teriyaki sauce and cook, stirring constantly, 1 additional minute.
NEIL PERRY'S BLACK PEPPER CHILLI BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
BEEF, ASPARAGUS AND MANGETOUT STIR FRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEEF VEGETABLE STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BEEF, ASPARAGUS & PORTOBELLO STIR-FRY - SWANSON
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
GROUND BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
BEEF WITH ASPARAGUS & STIR-FRIED MUSHROOMS RECIPE ON FOOD52
RECIPE: STIR-FRIED BEEF AND ASPARAGUS - KITCHN
STEAK AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY - ANG SARAP
ASPARAGUS BEEF - RASA MALAYSIA
RECIPE: STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH ASPARAGUS | WHOLE FOODS …
BEEF & ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
10 BEST ASPARAGUS BROCCOLI STIR FRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMONGRASS BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
STIR-FRIED BEEF & ASPARAGUS - THYME FOR COOKING
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
BEEF & ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BEEF, RED BELL PEPPER AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | PALEO LEAP
STEAK, SNAP PEA, AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST GROUND BEEF ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
THAI BASIL, BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
DEMO KITCHEN RECIPES: QUICK SPRING ASPARAGUS AND BEEF STIR FRY
STEAK AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY THAT’S ON THE TABLE IN 20 MINUTES: TRY …
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY - RECIPE DETAILS
BEEF & ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GINGERED BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SESAME BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ASPARAGUS AND BEEF STIR FRY - THE SEASONED MOM
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY - BIGOVEN.COM
STEAK AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | CANADIAN LIVING
BEEF AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY RECIPE | EATINGWELL
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #beef #vegetables #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #asparagus
You'll also love