SHREDDED BEET AND CARROT SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, honey, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred beets then carrots. Add to bowl along with parsley, and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
BEET AND CARROT SALAD
- To make the salad, combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. To make the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Seal the lid and shake until well combined. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
GRATED CARROT AND (RAW) BEET SALAD
Yes, raw beets. I hate peeling cooked beets. I discovered this recipe on a food blog and it instantly appealed to my love of beets and my hate of peeling them. It's delicious, refreshing and good!
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Trim, peel, and grate the carrots and beets. (If you own a food processor with a grater attachment, yay for you!)
- Place the rest of the main ingredients, from garlic to black pepper, in a large salad bowl, add the grated carrots and beets, and toss until well combined.
- Add any desired add-ins and toss again.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning, and let stand for 30 minutes, if you can, before serving: the beets and carrots will render juices that will make the salad moister.
- If you don't have that kind of time and the salad does not feel quite moist enough, add a dash of citrus juice, tomato juice, or any sort of juice that may currently reside in the refrigerator door.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.1, Fat 2.6, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 111.1, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 9.1, Protein 1.9
BEET AND CARROT QUICK SLAW
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small non-reactive bowl whisk together Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and olive oil. Season with pepper. Place beets, carrots and parsley in large serving bowl, pour dressing over salad, toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
SHREDDED BEET AND CARROT SALAD
- Whisk the lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a large-holed shredding attachment, shred the carrots and then the apples, 1 piece at a time. Toss the shredded carrots, apple and pickled beets with the citrus vinaigrette and serve.
BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH CORIANDER AND SESAME SALT
Provided by Molly Stevens
Categories Salad Appetizer Side Thanksgiving Vegetarian Low Cal High Fiber Carrot Healthy Low Cholesterol Sesame Coriander Bon Appétit Vegan Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, orange juice, miso, ginger, and orange peel in medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Toast coriander seeds in small skillet over medium heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Cool. Transfer to spice mill; process until coarsely ground. Add sesame seeds to same skillet. Toast over medium heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt; stir 30 seconds. Transfer sesame salt to small bowl and cool. DO AHEAD: Dressing and toasted spices can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and chill dressing. Store toasted coriander and sesame salt in separate airtight containers at room temperature.
- Using shredding disc on processor or a box grater, coarsely grate beets and carrots. Transfer vegetables to large bowl. Add enough dressing to coat lightly. Add coriander and 1 tablespoon sesame salt. Toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature 30 minutes. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Toss salad, adding additional dressing, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining sesame salt and serve.
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT SALAD
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss beets and carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, tarragon, and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss endives with half the dressing, then transfer to a serving platter. Toss beets and carrots with remaining dressing and add to platter. Top with goat cheese and pecans before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 g, Fat 23 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 6 g
HERBED CARROT AND BEET SALAD
Low calorie, low sodium, non fat with "High" vitamins and high flavor. This salad is best if it is allowed time for the flavors to marry. Recipe from, "The Mayo Clinic Williams Sonoma Cookbook."
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, beets, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add the rice vinegar and toss to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- To serve, toss well and divide among individual plates.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46, Fat 0.2, Sodium 76, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 5.9, Protein 1.3
CARROT & BEETROOT SALAD
This easy peasey salad is so colourful and crunchy and whatâs more itâs bursting with carotenoids, great for summer skin, with an anti-oxidant effect. Serve it at barbecues with fish or grilled meats. Per serving: 121 calories, 6.2g fat, 0.8g saturates, 12.8g sugars, 0.21g salt For more carrot recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
Provided by mustardcomms
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel and trim the carrots and beetroot, then coarsely grate both on a grater â wear rubber gloves if you donât want pink hands! Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a grating plate. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl, add the shallots.
- Heat the cumin seeds in small pan until they are hot and smell pungent. Remove from the heat and scatter over the vegetables. Add the olive oil, vinegar and parsley, then toss well. Leave to marinate for at least 15mins before serving.
ROASTED BEETS AND CARROTS WITH HONEY-BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Toss carrots with oil and put in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place beets in the preheated oven and roast for 1 hour. Add carrots to the oven and roast alongside the beets for another 30 minutes. Remove beets and set aside to cool. Check carrots to see if they are tender; roast up to 20 minutes more if necessary.
- Peel and chop beets into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add beets and carrots, and simmer until sauce is thickened and vegetables are glazed, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 151.5 mg, Sugar 21.6 g
SHREDDED CARROT AND BEET SALAD
Incorporate more beets into your meal plan with this carrot and beet salad! Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad has the rich, earthy flavor you love.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 2/3 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place beets in large bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar and ginger until blended. Add to beets; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 30 min.
- Add carrots, sunflower kernels and parsley; mix lightly.
- Top with onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
More about "beet and carrot salad recipes"
ROASTED BEETS AND CARROTS KALE SALAD | HAUTE & HEALTHY LIVING
CRUNCHY BEET CARROT SLAW - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BEET, CARROT AND BLACK BEAN SALAD | RICARDO
MOROCCAN CARROT AND BEET SALAD RECIPE | PAMELA SALZMAN ...
BEET AND CARROT SALAD - FOOD HERO
BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH CURRY DRESSING AND PISTACHIOS ...
CARROT AND BEET SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHREDDED BEET AND CARROT SALAD - THE RADIANT ROOT
BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH GINGER | HEALTHY RECIPES BY ...
COOKED BEET AND CARROT SALADS | CANADIAN LIVING
CARROT BEET SALAD RECIPE | BETHANY HAMILTON
BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED BEET & CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED BEETS AND CARROTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH HORSERADISH AND DILL ...
BEET AND CARROT SALAD | BEETROOT SLAW RECIPE | ELLE REPUBLIC
BEET AND CARROT SALAD RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
SHAVED BEET & CARROT SALAD | KITCHN
TRICOLOR BEET-AND-CARROT SALAD RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
BEET AND CARROT SALAD ROASTED | DINNER TONIGHT
EASY BEET AND CARROT SALAD (RAW ROOT VEGETABLE SALAD ...
MOROCCAN CARROT & BEETROOT SALAD (PALEO, WHOLE30, VEGAN)
CRUNCHY CARROT-BEET SALAD RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BEETROOT AND CARROT SALAD WITH CREAMY DRESSING | HEALTHY ...
SHAVED BEET AND CARROT SALAD WITH CITRUS-SCALLION DRESSING ...
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT PANZANELLA SALAD WITH BAKED LEMON ...
BEET CARROT APPLE SALAD RECIPE – STEPH GAUDREAU
BEET SALAD ("UKRAINIAN SALAT") | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE ...
CRISPY BEET AND MOZZARELLA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
COLORFUL BEET SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT SALAD - SUGARLOVESPICES
ROASTED BEET, QUINOA, AND CARROT SALAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY BEET AND CARROT SALAD | RANDA NUTRITION
LAYERED BEET AND CARROT SALAD - HEALTHY AS IT IS BEAUTIFUL ...
ROASTED BEETS AND CARROTS SALAD - PERFECT WEEKDAY SALAD
SPIRALIZED BEET AND CARROT SALAD - DHERBS.COM - RECIPES
GRATED BEET AND CARROT SALAD | JANE'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make beet carrot apple salad?How to Make Beet Carrot Apple Salad 1 Shred the beets, carrots, and apple using a food processor or box grater. 2 Zest one lemon. 3 Combine all of these ingredients in a large bowl. 4 Add the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and optional honey. 5 Stir to mix the salad, then serve.
What is the best way to make beetroot salad?In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, honey, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred beets then carrots. Add to bowl along with parsley, and toss to combine.
How to cook beets and carrots in the oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss beets and carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, tarragon, and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
How to make carrot and Apple vinaigrette?Whisk the lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper together in a large bowl. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a large-holed shredding attachment, shred the carrots and then the apples, 1 piece at a time. Toss the shredded carrots, apple and pickled beets with the citrus vinaigrette and serve. My Private Notes.