- Put the beets in a small baking pan with a small amount of water.
- Roast in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Peel and cut in half.
- Add beets, garlic, yogurt, olive oil and chili powder in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Garnish with feta, hazelnuts, shallots and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 276 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BEETROOT DIP / BEET DIP
This was given to me by an Egyptian friend who said it's a family recipe. I like the fact it's doesn't contain dairy and nuts so it was perfect for Menu #24612 because we had a few guest who are lactose intolerant and have an allergic to nuts. You can chill the dip until it's needed. It will keep for two days in the refrigerator but the flavour will enhance
Provided by Chef floWer
Yield 850 grams
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Discard all the liquid from the beetroot and beets can.
- Place all ingredients (drained beetroots/beets, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander, cumin, sweet paprika, cinnamon sea salt and black pepper) in a blender and puree until it's smooth.
- Serve with warm pita bread, Turkish bread, white bread or flat bread. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0.7, Sodium 0.7, Carbohydrate 0.1, Sugar 0.1
- Place beets in a microwave proof dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and cook on high 10 to 12 minutes or until very soft and tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the beets, olive oil and vinegar into the bowl of a food processor and run until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35.6 calorie, Fat 1.3 grams, SaturatedFat 0.2 grams, Carbohydrate 5.7 grams, Fiber 1.6 grams, Protein 0.9 grams
MUTABBAL SHAMANDAR (BEET-TAHINI DIP)
This spread starts off sweet, then gets a little spicy. Mutabbal Shamandar is made with beets and nutty tahini. Serve with pita for dipping.
Provided by Reem Assil
Yield Makes 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, coat the beets in the oil and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Tear four lengths of aluminum foil and tightly wrap each beet individually in the foil. Roast the beets in the oven for about 1 hour, until caramelized and tender (a knife or cake tester should go through them with little or no resistance). Remove the beets from the oven and cool in the foil.
- For this next step, I save old towels I don't mind staining. When cool enough to handle, remove the beets from the foil, wrap each beet in a towel, and rub the peels away.
- Coarsely chop the beets and place them in a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, chile, lemon juice, cumin, and the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and blend for about 5 minutes, until creamy and smooth. Slowly drizzle in the tahini and continue blending until the tahini is fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Adjust the salt and lemon juice to taste. If you want a thicker spread, blend in more tahini, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When ready to serve, scoop the mixture onto a serving plate, drizzle it with the oil, and garnish it with the herbs.
BEET DIP WITH LABNEH
This recipe for a delicious raw beet dip comes from Botanica, a vegetable-focused restaurant in Los Angeles run by Emily Fiffer and Heather Sperling. The recipe is easy - throw everything into the blender raw - though it requires a little time for the blades to break down the beets with walnuts, olive oil and a few other aromatics. Fiffer and Sperling cleverly adapted the dip from muhammara, the Middle Eastern spread made from red peppers. Using beets creates another dish altogether, but one that tastes bright, sweet and earthy. Serve it with a dollop of labneh, as well as warm pita and quartered Persian cucumbers for dipping, and generously drizzle everything with olive oil and crunchy salt.
Provided by Tejal Rao
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the beets, whole walnuts, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, chile flakes, garlic and salt into a food processor or blender. Purée on high until beets and nuts are finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, and blend again, until the mixture gets slightly smoother. Add the olive oil, and blend again, scraping down the sides, until mixture forms a coarse purée. Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice, if desired.
- Spoon labneh into a bowl, smoothing it, then heap the beet dip on top. Top with a generous drizzle of olive oil and chopped walnuts; grate some lemon zest on top. Serve with pita and cucumbers for dipping.
- =Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and chop beets into 1-inch pieces. Place on parchment-lined foil, drizzle with oil, and season with salt. Enclose, crimping ends of foil to form a packet. Roast until tender, about 1 hour, before unwrapping and letting cool completely.
- Place cooled beets in a food processor with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Process to a coarse paste (about 1 minute), then slowly add 1/4 cup oil and process until smooth, another 2 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl, and let sit, covered, at least 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Bring to room temperature, then serve, with a drizzle of harissa oil and pepper, and flatbreads on the side.
CREAMY BEET DIP
- Heat oven to 425°F. Roast beets on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, turning once halfway through, until soft, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Peel beets under running water. In a food processor, combine beets, sour cream, 2 teaspoons juice, cardamom, salt and garlic; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with zest to taste. Serve with pita, if desired.
BEST BEEF DIP EVER
Wow...A favorite with all my family and friends. I refuse to give any of them the recipe because it is so easy. I love it when they keep asking for it! I often throw all the ingredients into slow cooker and head to work. We all eat when ever we get in the door. The au jus is great! Add beef to lightly toasted buns, and dip away in the au jus.
Provided by Lori Anderson
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place roast in slow cooker. Season with garlic and rosemary and add bay leaves. Pour in soy sauce and water. Cook on Low setting for 6 to 10 hours. Unlike most roasts, the longer it cooks, the better.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 82.5 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 22.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1498.4 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
More about "beet dip recipes"
ROASTED BEET DIP - HALF YOUR PLATE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RIGHTEOUS ROASTED BEET DIP - THE BLENDER GIRL
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BEET DIP | EVERY LAST BITE
4.2/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
25 BEST BEET RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH BEETS - FOOD COM
BEET AND GOAT CHEESE DIP - THECHOWDOWN
BEST BEET AND CARROT DIP RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MEDLINEPLUS: BEET DIP
ZA'ATAR-SPICED BEET DIP WITH GOAT CHEESE AND HAZELNUTS RECIPE
CURTIS STONE | ROASTED BEET DIP
BEET DIP • QUICK & EASY ROASTED BEET GARLIC SHALLOT SAUCE …
QUICK AND EASY ROASTED BEET DIP - SAVOR THE KITCHEN
ROASTED GARLIC BEET DIP - PARTYLICIOUS
EASY BEET AND CASHEW DIP - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
BEET DIP RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREAMY BEET SPREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEET-GOAT CHEESE DIP | SOUTHERN LIVING
ROASTED BEET CHIPS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAYDAN'S BEET-LABNEH (OR GREEK YOGURT) DIP | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
THE BEST ROASTED BEET AND WALNUT DIP - SIMPLE BITES
BEET AND HAZELNUT DIP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ROASTED BEET DIP - ALWAYS NOURISHED
EGYPTIAN BEETROOT DIP - HEALTHY AND EASY! - MY FOOD STORY
TANGY BEET DIP | METRO
BEET DIP - FOOD HERO
TAHINI BEET DIP (BEET HUMMUS) - AFRICAN FOOD NETWORK
ROASTED BEET DIP WITH FENNEL AND GARLIC - COOKING CHAT
ROASTED BEET DIP | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
ALISON ROMAN'S GARLICKY BEET DIP WITH WALNUTS | CHATELAINE
BEET DIP RECIPE (2021) QUICK VEGAN GUIDE
BEET HUMMUS DIP WITH ROASTED BEETSBEET CAULIFLOWER DIP
RAW BEET DIP WITH GREEK YOGURT | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
BEAN DIP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED BEET DIP ~SWEET & SAVORY
BEET HUMMUS - DIP, SPREAD OR SNACK! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
BEET YOGURT DIP RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
ROASTED BEET DIP | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
BEETROOT DIP - RUSSIAN BEET CAVIAR - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
BEST BEET HUMMUS RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EASY BEAN & BEET DIP RECIPE - KANDINICHOLSON.COM
BEET DIP | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
You'll also love