BEETS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- Drain the beets and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Place the beets in a mixing bowl and add the raspberry vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and red onions. Zest the oranges and then segment over a bowl to catch the juices. Add the orange zest, orange segments, and any juices and mix well. Taste for seasoning and serve cold or at room temperature.
ROASTED MARINATED BEETS WITH VINAIGRETTE
I love roasted beets and am always ordering them out...but have never tried making them at home. Posting this recipe for safekeeping. Adapted from "Atlanta Cooks: 125 Recipes from 25 Top Atlanta Chefs" by Melissa Libby, this recipe is from the Floataway Cafe restaurant in the Atlanta area. Their roasted beets are the BEST. Also great paired with goat cheese in a green salad. NOTE: 2nd ingredient is for 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar...for some reason ZAAR won't let me input that ingredient.
Provided by Epi Curious
Yield 2 1/2 lbs., 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place washed beets in a deep roasting pan. Fill pan halfway up the beets with water. Add vinegar, butter, honey, salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 2-3 hours, or until a knife goes easily into a beet's center. Remove from oven and remove beets from cooking liquid. Wearing gloves, peel off the exterior skin of the beets and dice.
- For the vinaigrette, place vinegar and honey in a bowl and whisk together. Add shallots and, while slowly whisking, add the grape-seed oil in a thin stream. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the warm, peeled and diced beets.
- *The beets will be even better the second day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.5, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 169.2, Carbohydrate 38.5, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 32.5, Protein 3.5
BEETS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- Cook 3 each red beets and yellow beets in boiling salted water until tender, 30 minutes. Let cool; peel and cut into wedges. Whisk 2 tablespoons each orange juice and olive oil, 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl. Add the beets, 4 segmented blood oranges and 1/3 cup chopped parsley; toss.
BEETS IN VINAIGRETTE
- Cover beets generously with water in a heavy medium saucepan and simmer until tender when pierced in center with a knife, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool to warm, then slip off skins. Cut beets into 1/4-inch slices.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, onion, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking, then add warm beets and parsley and toss. Season with additional sugar and salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
UKRAINIAN SALAT VINAIGRETTE (BEET SALAD)
A delicious Ukrainian beet salad! Great with meat and poultry dishes (especially Chicken Kyiv) with a side of mashed potatoes! The preparation takes some time, but I really like the salad! It is one of the few salads popular in Ukraine that doesn't contain mayonnaise! Enjoy!
Provided by BrandyLoveWine
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the beets into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes. Boil for another 10 minutes, then cover the pot and leave overnight.
- The next day, peel and dice the beets, carrots, and potatoes into small, even pieces. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Stir in the pickles, onion, peas, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 337.3 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
Beets, oranges and spinach sprinkled with goat cheese make a scrumptious new blend for a mixed green salad. The combination may seem unlikely, but I guarantee it will become a favorite. -Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender. Remove foil; cool completely. Peel beets and cut into wedges., In a small bowl, whisk oil, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper until blended; stir in 1 tablespoon tarragon. In a large bowl, combine spinach, salad greens and remaining tarragon. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently to coat., Transfer to a platter or divide among 12 salad plates. Top with orange sections and beets; sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 195mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RAW BEETS WITH SHERRY VINAIGRETTE
When eaten raw, beets have a crunchy sweetness, so they need a strong, acidic dressing for balance. If you just can't resist cooking them once they're shredded, they can be quickly sautéed in butter or oil.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel and grate 1 pound beets.
- Make a vinaigrette with 1 minced shallot, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar and chopped parsley or tarragon (really nice).
- Toss with the beets; taste, and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish: Parsley
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 122, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 119 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRUSHED BEETS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat oven to 400°. Divide beets between 2 large sheets of foil. Drizzle beets on each sheet with 1/2 tablespoon oil; season with kosher salt and pepper and wrap up foil around beets. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until tender, 40-50 minutes. Let cool slightly, then, using a paper towel, rub skins from beets (they should slip off easily). Crush beets with the bottom of a small bowl (it's alright if they fall apart).
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl; set vinaigrette aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beets, season with kosher salt and pepper, and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl with vinaigrette, add 1/4 cup mint and 2 tablespoons dill, and toss to coat. Serve beets and dollops of labneh drizzled with more oil, topped with more herbs, and seasoned with pepper and sea salt.
BEETS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- Trim green tops from beets and place beets in large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered about 1 hour, or until just tender. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove zest from oranges, preferably in long strips. Slice off the rest of the skin and all the pith. Holding the oranges over a large bowl to catch any juice, use a sharp knife to cut the segments out, away from the membrane.
- Peel and dice beets into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to bowl along with vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, sugar, pepper, red onion, orange zest and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste. Mix well.
- Check seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature. Salad may be left to marinate in refrigerator a day or more.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 143, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 530 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams
BEET CARPACCIO WITH MINT VINAIGRETTE
A vegetarian alternative to beef carpaccio. This recipe wins over so many people who thought they hated beets or just never wanted to even try them. I was that person - once I actually tasted this recipe, well, I was sold and have loved beets ever since. Once beets are steamed and peeled, it is simple and easy. Beets can be prepped a day ahead and stored in a bag or container, but I personally like bringing it all together in one shot.
Provided by bonnieblaze
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Fill a pot with 3 inches of water, insert a steamer basket, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low and place beets inside the steamer basket. Cover pot. Cook until beets are easily pierced with a knife, checking water level periodically, 35 to 50 minutes. Remove from heat and cool, about 30 minutes.
- Peel the beets; if you are using red and golden beets, peel the golden ones first so you don't end up turning them pink. Remove any remaining root stems. Thinly slice beets and arrange on a serving platter. I use a round plate and start in the center, alternating red and golden beet slices. Dot the top with goat cheese - you want to be able to see the beets but have enough cheese because it pairs so well with the beet. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine rice vinegar, olive oil, mint, and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle over beets.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.8 g, Cholesterol 7.5 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 166 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE AND GOAT CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, mustard and salt and pepper (to taste). Whisk and set aside.
- Peel beet. Slice beet into 1/4-inch slices. Lay slices out in baking pan. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste). Toss to coat.
- Bake beets for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Fan beet slices out on plate; top with dressing, basil and goat cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.7, Fat 40.7, SaturatedFat 5.6, Sodium 76.1, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 8, Protein 1.8
More about "beets in vinaigrette recipes"
BEETS IN MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - DR. WEIL'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEET VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Process beet, remaining olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
BEET SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
RUSSIAN VINAIGRETTE SALAD RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
ROASTED BEETS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE - DIABETIC FOODIE
DIJON VINAIGRETTE AND BEET SALAD; MAKING SALAD WITH BEETS COOKED …
CRUSHED BEETS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEETS WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5-MINUTE BEET VINAIGRETTE - KETCHUP WITH LINDA
BEET SALAD WITH ARUGULA AND BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
BEETS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
BEETS WITH HERB VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
STEAMED BEETS WITH PARSLEY VINAIGRETTE | THE CHEERFUL KITCHEN
ROASTED SPIRALIZED BEETS WITH HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
BEETS IN ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
BEET SALAD WITH EASY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - UNPEELED JOURNAL
VINAIGRETTE RECIPE винегрет салат | ALYONA'S COOKING
BEET SALAD WITH BLACK GARLIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
BEET VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRUSHED BEETS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEETS AND ONIONS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
OVEN ROASTED PICKLED GOLDEN BEETS RECIPE & VIDEO - EAT SIMPLE …
VINAIGRETTE BEET SALAD (VINEGRET, Винегрет)!
SALAD WITH BEETS AND FETA WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE - RACHEL COOKS®
BEETS WITH VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | JULIE BLANNER
BEETS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEETS VINAIGRETTE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEETS WITH BURRATA, HAZELNUTS AND GREEN GODDESS VINAIGRETTE
BEET VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING : THE REAL FOOD ACADEMY
BEET & SAGE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | BEET RECIPES | LOVE BEETS
ROASTED BEETS WITH ROASTED GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED BEETS WITH FETA AND ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
CUT BEETS IN VINAIGRETTE ARE THE BEST PRODUCT AT TRADER JOE'S
CRISPY BEET AND MOZZARELLA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
RUSSIAN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE WITH SAUERKRAUT AND BEETS (AKA …
You'll also love