PINA COLADA CAKE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the cake: Poke holes all over the tops of the 2 cake layers using a toothpick. Brush the cakes with the pineapple juice, letting it soak into the holes; set aside.
- Make the filling: Bring the dried pineapple, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the dried pineapple is soft and the liquid is reduced to a thick syrup, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then mash with a potato masher to make a chunky jam.
- Make the frosting: Beat the butter and salt in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add the cream of coconut, increase the mixer speed to medium high and beat until thick, 2 to 3 more minutes. Assemble the cake: Place 1 cake layer on a platter; spread the pineapple filling on top, stopping about 1/2 inch from the edge. Top with the second cake layer and press down gently. Cover the whole cake with the coconut frosting. Top with the toasted coconut and dried pineapple.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch-round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper; butter the parchment and dust the pans with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk 3 cups flour, the baking powder and salt in a bowl until combined. Beat 2 sticks butter and the sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium; beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. (The mixture may look separated at this point.)
- Mix 1/2 cup water with the cream in a liquid measuring cup or bowl. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour, until just smooth.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake until the cakes are lightly golden on top and the centers spring back when pressed, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pans and turn the cakes out onto the racks to cool completely. Remove the parchment. Trim the tops of the cakes with a long serrated knife to make them level, if desired.
PIñA COLADA CAKE
This one goes out to all the piña colada lovers. Our Piña Colada Cake combines the tropical flavors of our favorite beach-side drink with a tender and moist cake. It's a vacation in a bite! From parties to birthdays, our Piña Colada Cake recipe is a showstopper, and Betty Crocker™ cake mix makes this cake super simple. When decorating your pineapple coconut cake which starts with cake mix, get creative! Let us know how it goes in the comments.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans or bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pineapple, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon of the rum extract with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (do not overbeat). Pour into pan(s).
- Bake as directed on box. For rounds, cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cool 13x9 in pan.
- Stir remaining 1 teaspoon rum extract into frosting. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting; sprinkle with toasted coconut. For 13x9, frost top of cake with frosting; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 310 mg, Sugar 36 g, TransFat 2 g
PINA COLADA CAKE
As an avid baker, I wanted to create something that was mine and from my heart. I wanted to make a cake that tasted like the perfect pina colada drink, and I feel like I accomplished just that with this recipe. -Stephanie McShan, Apopka, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition., In a food processor, cover and pulse pineapple until almost smooth. Stir into batter. Transfer to 3 greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes., Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough water to achieve a spreading consistency., To assemble, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the preserves. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides. Garnish with pineapple slices and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 868 calories, Fat 36g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 199mg cholesterol, Sodium 344mg sodium, Carbohydrate 129g carbohydrate (101g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
PERFECT PINA COLADA CAKE
This cake is so light & moist and has so much flavor. It's really delightful. I got it from a cookbook back in 1985 that was comprised of everybodies favorites. This was my mom's all time favorite cake. You may have trouble finding coconut cream pudding, so you can sub with vanilla pudding.
Provided by Boca Pat
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Blend all cake ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat 4 minutes at med.
- speed of electric mixer.
- Pour into two greased 9" layer pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients except whipped topping and coconut in a bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle coconut on cake after frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544.2, Fat 22.2, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 74.4, Sodium 653.9, Carbohydrate 73.1, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 56.5, Protein 5.6
PINA COLADA RUM CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9- inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the eggs, water, 1/3 cup rum and oil, mix well. Fold in the 1 cup coconut and spread the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the filling and frosting, stir together the second package of pudding and the pineapple, including the juice. Fold in the cool whip and more rum if desired. Fill and ice cake. Chill until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.6 calories, Carbohydrate 58.8 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 500.2 mg, Sugar 43.2 g
BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Blend cake mix, water, egg whites, and oil in a bowl using an electric mixer until moistened. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes.
- Poke holes into the hot cake. Pour in pina colada mix and sweetened condensed milk. Let cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. Sprinkle coconut on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.8 calories, Carbohydrate 44.4 g, Cholesterol 8.3 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 234.3 mg, Sugar 37.7 g
BEST PINA COLADA CAKE
Ran across this recipe a few years ago I believe in the news paper. Have prepared it at least 20 times with every one loving it.
Provided by Robert Finney
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Prepare the frosting by draining the crushed pineapple (reserving the juice) and combining with the cool whip and the coconut(I prefer Bakers Angel Flake) Put in the Fridge.
- 2. Prepare the glaze by combining the cream of coconut with the sweetened condensed milk in a 4 cup glass measuring container or any other container that you can drizzle out of. NOTE: Cream of coconut is not coconut milk and can be found where other mixed drink mixes are located in your store.
- 3. Prepare the cake according to the box directions replacing up to 1 cup of water with the reserved pineapple juice and bake in a greased or sprayed 9x13 dish according to the box times for your type of pan.
- 4. When the cake is done (clean tooth pick deal)poke holes all over(I use the blunt end of a wooden skewer) Drizzle with the glaze starting in the middle and working to the edges and ends stopping occasionally to prevent it from collecting at the sides. When cake is cool spread the whipped topping mixture over the top and refrigerate for at least 6 hrs before serving. Cake is better the next day and keeps up to 10 days if kept covered and refrigerated.
More about "best ever pina colada cake recipes"
PIñA COLADA CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH | MY CAKE SCHOOL
- In a small bowl , combine eggs, coconut milk, oil, coconut extract and rum extract. Blend with a fork and set aside.
- Put the dry ingredients, cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into the bowl of your mixer and whisk for at least 30 seconds to blend the ingredients.
- With the mixer on low speed gradually increasing to medium speed gradually add the slices of butter to the dry ingredients a few pieces of butter at a time. Beat until the dry ingredients are crumbly and moistened. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, there should be no spots of dry flour in the bowl.
BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE (SO GOOD!) - KINDLY UNSPOKEN
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Depending on how many layers you want your cake to have, line the bottoms of two or three 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper cut to size. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Spread 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Mine were perfectly golden and toasted at 8 minutes.
- To assemble and decorate, place cake layer rounded side down on a serving plate and apply pineapple filling on top. Top with the next cake layer and frost the tops and sides of the cake using a flat tipped spatula like this.
THE BEST RECIPE TO MAKE A CLASSIC PINA COLADA | SANDALS …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
10 BEST PINA COLADA CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PINA COLADA CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PINA COLADA CAKE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 12Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
PINA COLADA SHEET CAKE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
Reviews 5Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, crushed pineapple and it's juice, 1/2 cup coconut, and 2-3 tablespoons dark rum until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven 28-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Mix 1 tablespoons dark rum in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. When cake comes out of the over apply the rum and water mixture to the top of the cake with a pastry brush.
TOMMY BAHAMA’S FAMOUS PIñA COLADA CAKE
Servings 8-10Category Desserts
THE PERFECT PIñA COLADA RECIPE – ROSANNA PANSINO
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
BEST PINA COLADA CAKE EVER! - NEW MARKET BBQ NORTH AL'S ...
Servings 15-20Total Time 45 mins
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST PIñA COLADA RECIPE | HIP2SAVE
5/5 (3)Category DessertsCuisine American
BEST PIñA COLADA RECIPE VIRGIN | DEPORECIPE.CO
BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE RECIPES
BEST PINA COLADA CAKE RECIPES
PINA COLADA CAKE RECIPE FROM CAKE MIX
BEST PINA COLADA CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE - POKE CAKE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PINA COLADA CAKE - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE | ALLSTAR COMMUNITY ...
CAKE MIX PINA COLADA CUPCAKES DUNCAN HINES - ALL ...
BEST EVER PINA COLADA CAKE RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions