CORN AND BLACK PEPPER CRACKERS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper; butter parchment paper, or use nonstick liners.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat milk with egg. Add to dry ingredients all at once and mix together just until batter is free of lumps. Stir in melted butter.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges are a dark golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 21, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 25 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BLACK PEPPER STICKS
I came across these and thought these would be a great appetizer dipped in olive oil or served with dinner. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 1985)
Provided by ellie_
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 12 bread sticks
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt and pepper in food processor using the steel knife and on/off turns. With machine running pour in 3/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon oil through the feed tube and process until dough clings to slide of workbowl. If the dough is too sticky add extra flour one tablespoon at a time, if too dry add more water one tablespoon at a time until it is right consistency.
- Continue processing dough for 40 seconds until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Knead on floured board for 1 minute.
- Transfer dough to oiled bowl, turning to cover all surfaces. Cover and let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Coast baking sheet with olive oil.
- Roll small pieces (about the size of a walnut) into 10-inch sticks. Arrange on baking sheet, spacing one inch apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place two 7-stick cast-iron corn stick molds in the oven to heat at least 15 minutes. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat until it foams. Toss in the jalapeno, scallions and garlic. Saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with a little salt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk and egg lightly in a small bowl until combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture all at once. Stir the two mixtures together just until combined. Add the jalapeno mixture to the bowl along with any butter in the pan. Add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine (the batter will be thick).
- Remove the hot pans from the oven and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Divide the batter among the molds, then place back into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
CAYENNE CORN BREAD STICKS
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush cast-iron corn stick molds with vegetable oil and place in oven. Mix yellow cornmeal, unbleached flour, dark brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Whisk 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, butter and egg in small bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Stir in grated cheddar cheese. Add more buttermilk if necessary to thin to just pourable consistency. Fill corn stick molds with batter. Bake corn sticks until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Using tip of small sharp knife, gently lift corn sticks from molds. Serve warm.
PERFECT CORNBREAD STICKS
This is a melt in your mouth recipe. I have 3 molds for corn sticks, two are cast iron and one is glass. I use the cast iron. I usually do this recipe in the Winter, when the wood cook stove is fired up, and heat the mold on top of the stove before pouring the batter into the forms. This is the perfect accompaniment to my black bean soup.
Provided by Sweetiebarbara
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 18-20 corn sticks, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425F and place corn stick pans in oven.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into bowl.
- Stir in corn meal.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until just smooth, about one minute, do not over beat.
- Grease pans with solid shortening.
- Fill pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.6, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 96.5, Sodium 638, Carbohydrate 42.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 8.7, Protein 7.3
PARMESAN-BLACK PEPPER BREADSTICKS
From Betty's Soul Food Collection... By using Bisquick® mix, you can have piping hot breadsticks in about 30 minutes. Mmm!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease large cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, water, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons of the cheese until soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle work surface with Bisquick mix. Place dough on surface; roll to coat. With rolling pin, roll into 10x8-inch rectangle. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese; press in gently. Cut crosswise into 12 strips. Gently twist each strip. Place 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with additional pepper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Breadstick, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1/2 g
SAUTEED CORN WITH BLACK PEPPER AND MANCHEGO
When it comes to cooking peak-season corn, less truly is more. This quick and easy side dish has you sauté plump corn kernels with butter, and temper their sweetness with a sprinkle of assertive cracked black pepper and nutty Manchego cheese.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; season with salt. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until corn is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately, sprinkled with more cheese and pepper.
These tender peppered steaks get plenty of zip from a quick-to-fix sauce flavored with mustard and Worcestershire.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rub pepper over both sides of steaks. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. In an ungreased skillet, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; add butter and garlic; cook for 4-6 minutes, turning steaks once. Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 4-6 minutes longer, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove steaks and keep warm. , Combine wine or broth, mustard and sugar; add to the pan. Stir to loosen browned bits. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the steaks.
Nutrition Facts :
BLACK PEPPER RINGS
For Italian families, pepper rings are a type of biscuit eaten in place of bread. In our family, they are traditionally served at Easter, but are delicious any time of year. They taste extra special if heated before serving. Try them with black coffee or espresso.
Provided by Michele O'Sullivan
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in melted butter and oil. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Mix until dough pulls together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8 inch long cylinder. Bend each cylinder into a ring shape and pinch ends together. With a sharp knife, score each ring around its outside edge.
- Drop rings two at a time into boiling water and boil for 1 minute. Remove rings from water and place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.7 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 232.3 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 951.3 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
SPANISH CORN WITH FISH STICKS
This tasty casserole is a family favorite and is my old standby for social functions. It's easy to assemble and economical, too. -Roberta Nelson, Portland, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and sugar until blended. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn., Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; arrange fish sticks over the top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until fish sticks are heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 620mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH SALT-AND-PEPPER BUTTER
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Mix butter, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Pull back husk from each ear of corn without removing it entirely. Remove silk, then pull husk back into place. (This allows coverage from the grill, both protecting the corn from direct exposure to the flames and partially steaming the ear, while still allowing smoke to penetrate the husk and some charring to occur.) Grill, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer corn to a large platter, pull back husks, and spread with reserved butter.
- Do Ahead: Butter can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before spreading over corn.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt cream cheese and butter in a saucepan. When ingredients are melted, stir in evaporated milk, corn, and green chilies. Pour mixture into an 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes; until brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 528.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24.3 g, Cholesterol 132.8 mg, Fat 46.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 28.6 g, Sodium 874.4 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
More about "black pepper corn sticks recipes"
CLASSIC CORNBREAD STICKS - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 14
LATEST RECIPES - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
EASY FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN …
LEMON-PEPPER CORN STICKS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
JALAPENO AND RED PEPPER CORN STICKS RECIPE
SALSA CORN STICKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLACK PEPPER STICKS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PIMIENTO CHEESE CORN STICKS FROM LANA’S COOKING
BLACK PEPPER CORN BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA CORN STICKS - FOOD NEWS
CORN STICKS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTHERN CORN STICKS MADE FROM SCRATCH - TASTE OF …
BLACK PEPPER CORN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE FOR CORN STICKS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CORN STICKS - PAULA DEEN
10 BEST BLACK PEPPERCORN SAUCE STEAK RECIPES - YUMMLY
PEPPER JACK CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
SOUTHERN CORN STICKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST BLACK BEAN AND CORN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES
BLACK PEPPER KETTLE CORN RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
BLACK PEPPER CORN MUFFINS - COOKING WITH K
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD STICKS (WITH VIDEO) - PUDGE FACTOR
ASTRAY RECIPES: PEPPERY CORN STICKS
CORN STICKS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - COOKING CLASSY
BEST STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN RECIPE - DELISH
BLACK-PEPPER BREADSTICKS RECIPE - SCOTT CONANT | FOOD
BLACK PEPPER PARMESAN CORN BREAD - OLIVE AND ARTISAN
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN CORN STICKS - THE SEASONED MOM
BACON BLACK PEPPER CHEDDAR STICKS. - WRITES4FOODWRITES4FOOD
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
10 BEST BLACK BEAN AND CORN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
JALAPENO AND RED PEPPER CORN STICKS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
COOPER® SHARP BLACK PEPPER CHEESE CORN ON THE COB
Potato Sticks recipe|Crispy Potato Sticks|Crunchy Potato Stick|Potato Sticks recipe by EUROPE N FOOD279 views-04:24
Babycorn and Black Pepper Fried Rice53K views-06:31
Roasted Corn || salted black pepper corn recipes bhutta || Street style #shorts2.4K views-00:29
American Corn Sticks Recipe | SWEET CORN STICK | Soumya's World152 views-07:23
Jumbo Prawn Stick with Bell Pepper | Chef Sanjeev Kapoor | Easy Prawn Recipe | FoodFood4.3K views-05:43
How to Make Kettle Corn: Black Pepper Kettle Corn Recipe3.1K views-04:00
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook corn sticks in oven?Preheat oven to 450° F. Grease two (7-cavity) corn stick pans with 1 tablespoon of shortening or oil per pan. Place the greased pans in the hot oven to preheat for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
How do you make southern corn sticks from scratch?Southern Corn Sticks Recipe, made from scratch: You’ll need a few basic ingredients. Pre-heat your oven to 425º. … In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the cup of Yellow Cornmeal. … Add the flour. … Add the salt. … Use a fork or whisk and mix the dry ingredients together. … Add some oil to your sectioned pan.
How to make classic cornbread sticks?Classic Cornbread Sticks. 1 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted. 2 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal. 3 ½ cup self-rising flour. 4 2 tablespoons sugar. 5 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided. 6 ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. 7 1 cup whole buttermilk. 8 ⅓ cup vegetable oil. 9 1 large egg, lightly beaten. 10 Softened butter, to serve Instructions.
How do you use black peppercorn sauce?Black Peppercorn Sauce, Sauce au Poivre is a classic peppery creamy sauce, used mainly with pan fried steak. Very quick, easy homemade recipe, made from scratch. Using a rolling pin or pestle and mortar, crush the peppercorns to break them slightly. (You don't want whole peppercorns in the sauce)