BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEESE AND APPLES
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water, orange juice, brown sugar, molasses, zests, and cloves to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, 20 minutes, then discard zests and cloves.
- While syrup simmers, heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then brown bread slices on both sides in 3 batches, adding 1 tablespoon butter per batch.
- Peel and coarsely grate apples. Arrange 4 bread slices in 1 layer in a buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with one third of apples, cheese, and pine nuts. Repeat layering twice with remaining bread, apples, cheese, and pine nuts. Pour syrup evenly over top and dot with remaining tablespoon butter, cut into bits.
- Bake pudding in middle of oven until puffed and golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve warm.
BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into large dice. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large, heavy skillet. Add apples, sprinkling with 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Liberally grease a deep, 2 1/2 quart, baking dish with the remaining 1/4 cup butter, then add what is left to the bread cubes, cutting into bits. Combine bread, raising, apples, and the pan juices into the baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg, beating lightly with a whisk. Pour over bread and apples.
- Set dish in a shallow pan filled with 1-inch warm water. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until set. (This may take 2 hours, depending on type of casserole dish.) Serve hot with lightly whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.1, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 10.9, Cholesterol 140.6, Sodium 198.2, Carbohydrate 41.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 31.6, Protein 7.6
APPLE, CHEDDAR & BACON BREAD PUDDING
I had this dish at a bridal brunch many years ago. It was so delicious that I created my own version, and this is the result. Now I make it all the time. Enjoy! -Melissa Millwood, Lyman, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in brown sugar. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely., In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of each of the following: bread, bacon, apples and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and salt; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake until puffed and golden, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving., In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave syrup and walnuts until warmed, stirring once. Serve with bread pudding. Freeze option: After assembling, cover and freeze bread pudding. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake and serve bread pudding with syrup as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 155mg cholesterol, Sodium 729mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
GRAMMA'S APPLE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 cup margarine. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender.
- While pudding is baking, mix together sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Serve over bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430 calories, Carbohydrate 58.8 g, Cholesterol 52 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 372 mg, Sugar 46.7 g
WARM MEXICAN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CREAM (CAPIROTADA)
This apple bread pudding is heavenly served warm with whipped cream! No eggs added. From the "Too Hot Tamales" chefs Mary Sue Miliken and Susan Feniger, whose culinary pedigrees are steeped in Latin cuisine. Posted by request. I hope you enjoy!
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch glass casserole.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add bread cubes and stir to coat evenly. Spread cubes on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove bread and turn oven temperature up to 400 degrees.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, walnuts, cream cheese and bread cubes. Drizzle with reserved sugar syrup and mix to evenly distribute. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Bake an additional 5 minutes, without stirring, until th top is golden brown and crusty and liquid is almost gone.
- Serve warm with pitchers of crema or cream for adding at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 725.4, Fat 32, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 61.8, Sodium 439.2, Carbohydrate 103, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 63.8, Protein 11.8
PINTO RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CHEESE
If mention of "pinto" brings to mind pink beans, think again this time: The following "pinto" bread pudding contains none of those beans beloved of chili fans but is named for the distinctive calico splotches that pattern the West's pinto pony.
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a saucepan simmer the water with the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved and stir in the cinnamon. Spread the 10 bread slices on one side with the butter and halve each slice diagonally. Arrange half the white bread and half the raisin bread, buttered sides down, decoratively in a buttered 13-by 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle half of the Longhorn over the bread. Peel the apples, grate them coarse, and sprinkle them over the cheese. Top the apples with the remaining cheese and arrange the remaining bread, buttered sides down, decoratively on top, trimming the bread as necessary to fit in one layer. Pour the brown sugar syrup evenly over the bread pudding, pressing down on the top slightly with a spatula, and let the pudding stand, covered, for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the pudding in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, spread the jelly over the top, and let the pudding stand for 5 minutes. Serve the bread pudding warm with the ice cream.
APPLE BUTTER BREAD PUDDING
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside., Combine apple butter and raisins. Spread over croissant bottoms; replace tops. Cut each croissant into 3 pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over croissants; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is softened., In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
APPLE-CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a glass, deep-dish pie dish.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk milk and eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, and cut into cubes. Spread 1/2 of the bread cubes into the prepared pie dish, sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and 1/2 of the shredded apples. Repeat layers once more with remaining bread cubes, cinnamon-sugar mixture, and apples. Pour milk-egg mixture over the top and let sit until bread cubes are moist, about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is crispy, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.1 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 90.6 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 224 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
More about "bread pudding with cheese and apples recipes"
SAVORY APPLE CHEDDAR BREAD PUDDING - STETTED
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 4 hrsCategory BreakfastCalories 187 per serving
PINTO RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CHEESE – RECIPES
SAUSAGE, APPLE, AND CHEDDAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST HERB & APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | THANKSGIVING | FOOD …
CINNAMON SUGAR APPLE CHEESECAKE BREAD PUDDING
RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - BEER GIRL COOKS
RECIPE: BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEESE AND APPLES - RECIPELINK.COM
EASY APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
RECIPE: BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEESE AND APPLES - RECIPELINK.COM
APPLE AND CHEESE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
RAISIN BREAD PUDDING/APPLES & CHEESE – NANA'S RECIPES
10 BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLE PIE FILLING RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY CARAMEL APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
FRENCH APPLE BREAD PUDDING - EAGLE BRAND
BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEESE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
PINTO RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CHEESE – COOKING …
BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEESE AND APPLES RECIPE
APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING - CAKESCOTTAGE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
10 BEST BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLE PIE FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEVRE APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE WITH CHAMPAGNE
APPLE BREAD PUDDING + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS)
EASY APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING - COCO AND ASH
RECIPE FOR CREAM CHEESE AND FRUITCAKE BREAD PUDDING
PINTO RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CHEESE RECIPE
DESSERT QUICK BREAD RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PINTO RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES AND CHEESE
MEXICAN BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES~ RAISINS~ A RECIPE
APPLE-CHEDDAR BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED MAPLE BUTTER SAUCE
INA GARTEN APPLE BREAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEDDAR | CABOT CREAMERY
SAVORY APPLE AND SAUSAGE BREAD PUDDING - WHAT'S FOR DINNER
RECIPE BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
APPLE-NUT BREAD PUDDING - KING ARTHUR BAKING
COOPER® APPLE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARMEL SAUCE - COOPER CHEESE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple pudding with apple bread?In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread. Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender. While pudding is baking, mix together sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan.
How do you make apple and Walnut Bread?Cut the bread into cubes and let it sit out uncovered for a few hours or overnight. Combine the bread, diced apples, walnuts, and raisins in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, sugar, and spices in a bowl.
What is the best recipe for apple cake?In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 cup margarine. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs.
How do you make applesauce with eggs?Directions. In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread. Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender. While pudding is baking, mix together sugar,...