BREAKFAST FRIED RICE
A fried-rice twist on bacon and eggs! My dad used to make this for me on Saturday mornings when I was a kid; it's an easy and tasty brunch option. You can substitute 1 bunch broccoli for the frozen peas, if desired.
Provided by Anna J.
Categories Breakfast and Brunch Eggs
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon slices to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and crumble into bite-size pieces; reserve rendered bacon fat in skillet.
- Cook and stir eggs in the same skillet over medium heat until slightly set, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir yellow onion, peas, green onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce into eggs; cook and stir until yellow onion is translucent, about 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to low; stir rice, crumbled bacon, and remaining soy sauce into egg mixture until well-combined and heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.1 calories, Carbohydrate 56.5 g, Cholesterol 134.1 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 522.5 mg, Sugar 3 g
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached. Please let me know how it is. Cook time does not reflect rice cooking time.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large, heavy skillet saute sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms until sausage is crumbled and cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 T of the fat.
- Add the rice, garlic powder and black pepper, cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small saucepan or microwaveable dish melt the velvetta or cheese whiz with a little milk to make a"just pourable" sauce.
- Remove rice skillet from heat, add the cheese sauce and mix well.
- The rice mixture should be sticky.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.3, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 41.4, Sodium 289.5, Carbohydrate 43.5, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 1.5, Protein 12.5
BREAKFAST RICE FROM JAPAN
Healthy and quick breakfast I learned from friends in Tokyo. Use chilled white or brown rice. Adjust ingredients for your hunger needs and enjoy!
Provided by caquilter
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread rice in a flat layer in the skillet; cook until crispy on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir egg into rice until scrambled, about 2 minutes more. Sprinkle green onions on top. Season with soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.3 calories, Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 11.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 673.9 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
EASY RICE BREAKFAST TREAT
Cold rice and hot milk combine with spices and sugar to make the perfect breakfast treat! Be sure to use plain-cooked rice. This tastes pretty funny if the rice was cooked in chicken broth. Trust me, I know!
Provided by Nonei
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Spread rice onto a platter and allow to cool in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir together 2 cups of the rice and 1 cup milk in each of two microwave-safe bowls. Cook in microwave on high until hot but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a sealable bag; shake to mix. Divide the mixture between the two bowls of rice; stir through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.5 calories, Carbohydrate 70.9 g, Cholesterol 9.8 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 52.3 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
PEACHES AND CREAM BREAKFAST RICE
Our area has been hit with crazy winter weather, and I created this to give a hint of cozy summer comfort.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine water, peaches, rice, peach preserves, vanilla bean paste, and salt in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 15 minutes, then release remaining pressure using the quick-release method.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook and stir until pecans are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir pecan mixture into the rice. Divide mixture into 4 serving bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.3 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 20.4 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 155.7 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
SWEET BREAKFAST RICE
We love to use our leftover rice for this and then eat it for breakfast like oatmeal. Very tasty and filling! The kids love it as well.
Provided by Chef Nicoise
Yield 4 1/2 Cup servings, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients (except egg) in heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil on medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 7-10 minutes or until flavors are blended and rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Slowly add the beaten egg, stirring continuously so the egg does not "scramble". Simmer 2-3 minutes more. Serve either warm or cold. A little cream on top makes it extra rich!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 84.6, Sodium 133.9, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 8.9, Protein 7.5
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE FRIED RICE
- Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In same skillet, cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the rice, sausage, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 137mg cholesterol, Sodium 787mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE
My cousin started this recipe when we were Tweens and I kept on making it when I moved away. Now I work as a cook and I have to make this everytime I work for co-workers and customers.
Provided by tasb395
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook bacon until 1/2 cooked, drain off the fat. You only want to drain when half cooked because it add so much flavor to the end dish.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper and green onion. Saute a couple minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When you are ready to add the rice the bacon should be almost fully cooked Add rice, sprinkle on garlic powder, and soy sauce, add beaten egg, and stir occasionally until rice is hot and egg is cooked.
- Don't be too shy with the garlic powder, It adds a lot of flavor, actually when I make it for myself I prefer more garlic powder than my serving dish. One cashier likes it with out the soy and garlic another with out soy. The one who likes it plain eats hers with tabasco sauce. I usually shake it all over the rice, then same with the soy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 207.8, Sodium 344.4, Carbohydrate 58.5, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.4, Protein 16.3
More about "breakfast rice recipes"
10 BEST WHITE RICE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
8 BREAKFAST RICE BOWLS FOR A HEARTY MORNING MEAL
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
315 EASY AND TASTY BREAKFAST RICE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
BEST BREAKFAST FRIED RICE - DELISH
BREAKFAST RICE (HOT CEREAL) RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
17 DELICIOUS RICE RECIPES TO MAKE TONIGHT | REAL SIMPLE
HEALTHY BREAKFAST FRIED RICE RECIPE | MY CRAZY GOOD LIFE
HAWAIIAN FRIED BREAKFAST RICE - OUR BEST BITES
BEST BREAKFAST FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EGGS …
BREAKFAST RICE PORRIDGE - THE BELLY RULES THE MIND
5 INGREDIENT BREAKFAST RICE - WONKYWONDERFUL
10 BEST BROWN RICE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CREAM RICE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: BREAKFAST FRIED RICE | KITCHN
BREAKFAST RICE AND BEANS – EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
HOW TO EAT RICE FOR BREAKFAST | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
QUICK BREAKFAST FRIED RICE RECIPE - MASHED
BREAKFAST APPLE RICE RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
BREAKFAST RICE BOWL - I HEART VEGETABLES
25 EASY RICE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASY AND FILLING BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH RECIPE IDEAS | MINUTE® RICE
6 WAYS TO USE LEFT-OVER RICE FOR BREAKFAST - NDTV FOOD
BREAKFAST RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BREAKFAST FRIED RICE | PICKLED PLUM
EASY FRIED RICE RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
BREAKFAST RICE CAKES | WEELICIOUS
OVERNIGHT MIXED RICE BREAKFAST PUDDING IS A WINTER GAME …
SHONEY'S BREAKFAST RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HEALTHY RICE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BREAKFAST RICE RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
CREAM OF RICE RECIPE FOR EASY BREAKFASTS (39 CENTS/SERVING)
10 BEST BREAKFAST RICE PORRIDGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
OATS AND GREEN MOONG DAL DOSA - WITHOUT RICE | HEALTHY BREAKFAST …
10 BEST BREAKFAST RICE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BREAKFAST & BRUNCH | THE BEST BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH RECIPES
SAVORY BREAKFAST RICE - HEALTHYISH FOODS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breakfast #eggs-dairy #rice #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #easy #beginner-cook #kid-friendly #cheese #stove-top #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love