BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS
- Cook Brussels sprouts in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; strain through a colander, removing as much water as possible. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms until lightly browned. Toss Brussels sprouts with mushrooms, and sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 25.4 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 471.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
BACON, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, AND MUSHROOM LINGUINE
I am always looking for new ways to use Brussels sprouts. People always claim they had Brussels sprouts once and hated them, but I have converted several people with this recipe. I think the bacon helps. For kids or people who claim to not like Brussels sprouts, try shredding them to tone down the flavor a bit.
Provided by Nicole Berger
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to the pot and toss with olive oil to coat.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook and stir until bacon begins to crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard 1/2 the bacon fat, leaving bacon in the skillet; stir in rosemary.
- Stir mushrooms, salt, and black pepper into bacon mixture. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until mushrooms and sprouts are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour reserved pasta water into bacon mixture; add linguine and Parmesan cheese and toss vegetables with pasta until thoroughly mixed and heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.1 calories, Carbohydrate 69 g, Cholesterol 33.2 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 30.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 777.6 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
BACON-MUSHROOM BRUSSELS SPROUTS
I discovered this recipe while watching a cooking show some years ago. The first time I served it, my guests raved and were surprised when I told them it was brussels sprouts. -Tangee Zayas-Thaler Silver Lake, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2-3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm., In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender., Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 456mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON
One day I walked in Nannies kitchen and smelled bacon and onions cooking I ask her what she was cooking and she said baby cabbage (that's what she called them). She said "pull up a chair and sit a spell this will be done dreckly and you can try a bite". It was the best bite I ever had, the bacon and mushrooms all in there was...
Provided by Janet Crow
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. In a skillet, fry up the chopped bacon until crispy and remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate, retaining the bacon grease in the skillet. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook over med. high heat for 3-4 minutes, just enough to soften the veggies. Remove them to a plate and add the butter to the pan.
- 2. Once melted add in the sliced brussel sprouts and reduce the heat to medium. Season with the house seasoning and salt to taste. Cook them, stirring often, until they are tender and begin to brown around the edges, about 7-8 minutes. Add the bacon, onions and mushrooms back to the pan to warm through, tossing to combine, just before serving.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
Rachael Ray pairs Brussels sprouts with bacon in this simple but tasty recipe from 30 Minute Meals on Food Network.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, 1 turn. Add shallots to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth. Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer sprouts to a serving dish with a slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.
PAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
Sunny Anderson's Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon recipe takes the bitter green vegetable to salty-sweet heights, and you need only four ingredients.
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop. In same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat. Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into pan. Serve immediately.
ANGEL HAIR WITH BACON, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Valarie
Number Of Ingredients 12
- step 1 ingredients Salt instructions Place a large pot of Salted water over high heat and bring it to a boil. step 2 ingredients 1/2 pound thick sliced Bacon; cut in to Lardons Olive Oil; for drizzling 1 sprig of Rosemary 1 pound Angel Hair Pasta instructions Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the Bacon with a drizzle of Olive Oil and toss in the Rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally until the Bacon begins to get crispy. In the meantime, cook your Pasta, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. step 3 ingredients 2 cups Crimini Mushrooms; sliced Salt Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1 sprig of Rosemary 1 cup Pasta Water; reserved 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese; freshly grated instructions When the Bacon is crisp, add Mushrooms with a pinch of Salt and some Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Cook for another minute then add the Brussels Sprouts. Next add the Rosemary, followed by 1 cup of the pasta water. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get any brown bits off then drain your pasta and add it to the pan. Toss to combine everything and finish with a pinch of Salt and some Freshly Ground Black Pepper, the Parmesan Cheese and a good drizzle of Olive Oil. print recipe
BACON-MUSHROOM BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.
ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS & BACON
- 1. Trim sprouts and halve length wise. Quarter mushrooms.
- 2. Place cut sprouts and mushrooms in oven/microwave safe caserole dish. Add 3 TBSP water and microwave on high about 8 minutes (sprouts will start to get tender).
- 3. Carefully drain water from dish. Add oil, garlic, bacon, salt and pepper, mix and roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 4. Serve immediately.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON
- Trim Brussels sprouts; half large ones. Steam or boil until just tender. Drain well. While sprouts are cooking cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from pan, reserving 1 T drippings. (As an alternative you can microwave the bacon until crisp; crumble.) Saute mushrooms in reserved bacon drippings (or use 1 T olive oil) until lightly browned. Combine bacon and sprouts with mushroom in pan. Add garlic and tarragon. Serve, or put into casserole to reheat the next day.
More about "brussel sprouts with mushrooms and bacon recipes"
THE BEST BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - SWEET …
4.5/5 (28)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
TESCO X BOSH!: BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOM BACON
GRILLED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CHANTERELLES RECIPE | BON ...
4/5 (146)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss brussels sprouts and oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Transfer brussels sprouts to a grill basket and grill, tossing occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5–8 minutes. (Alternatively, cook brussels sprouts in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, 5–8 minutes.)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5–8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in skillet, toss to coat, and cook without stirring, 3 minutes. Add shallot and garlic; cook, tossing often, until shallot is softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add Sherry and red pepper flakes. Cook until liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Add brussels sprouts and bacon and toss to combine. Add lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Salad, SidesCalories 456 per serving
- Add mushrooms with onion, cook until onions are tender and mushrooms browned, lightly season with salt and pepper. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts and water to the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until sproutes are tender and water evaporates, about 10-12 minutes.
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND ONIONS WITH MUSHROOM LARDONS ...
Category Vegetable Recipes, Brussel Sprouts RecipesTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together brussels sprouts, pearl onions, shallots, thyme, and 1/4 cup oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Roast in preheated oven until tender and browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- While brussels sprout mixture roasts, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned and nearly crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce, smoked paprika, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer mushrooms to paper towels to drain. Stir mushroom mixture into brussels sprout mixture just before serving.
OVEN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH VEGAN MUSHROOM "BACON"
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 148 per serving
- Prep Sprouts: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Trim the tough bottom of the sprouts and cut in half, removing any damaged outer leaves. Spread onto half of a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of oil, and toss to evenly coat.
- Prep Mushrooms: In a medium bowl combine remaining oil, soy, liquid smoke, maple, and spices. Tear mushrooms into rough chunks, then mix with the marinade. Spread mushrooms in a single layer onto the other half of the baking sheet (use a second baking sheet if you can't get them in a single layer - they need space to crisp up!)
- Bake: For 20 to 25 minutes, flipping everything after 15 minutes, until sprouts are caramelized and mushroom "bacon" is crispy at the edges. Mix everything together and serve warm.
PERFECT SAUTéED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Reviews 1Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Leave the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and sauté until tender for 7-10 minutes. Add the bacon back to the pan and add the maple syrup. Cook for a minute longer and serve.
PAN SEARED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND MUSHROOMS - LORD BYRON'S ...
3.1/5 (36)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 138 per serving
- Add the olive oil, butter, mushrooms, onions, salt, and ground black pepper to a heavy-bottomed frying pan or skillet. Over medium heat, cook the mushrooms and onions until the mushrooms have browned -about 15 minutes.
- Next, add the dried thyme, garlic, sprouts, mustard, and the summer savoury. Stir to combine with the mushrooms. Allow the sprouts to sear and caramelize - about 15 minutes.
- While the sprouts are cooking, you can fry the eggs, sunny-side-up, if you are adding a fried egg to the top of your serving. Otherwise, skip this step.
CREAMED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON | DJ FOODIE
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 6Calories 217 per serving
- Let them boil for about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the smaller ones first, and plunge them into a big bowl of ice water. Keep removing them from the water and adding to the ice water, from smallest to largest. They should be firm, but cooked. NOT soft. You will continue cooking them, later.
- Once they are all in the ice water, let them stay in the ice water for about 10 minutes, until they are completely chilled, all the way through. Remove them and drain them, so they are dry.
BRUSSEL SPROUTS (WITH BACON AND MUSHROOMS) / THE GRATEFUL ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory Side Dish, VegetablesCalories 144 per serving
- Add chopped bacon to medium skillet. Cook on medium heat until about 1/2 way done. (do not drain bacon drippings).
- Add brussel sprouts that have been cut in half (and de-stemmed). Continue to pan-sear brussel sprouts in bacon drippings for a couple minutes (add a tiny bit of olive oil to skillet only if necessary). Lightly season brussel sprouts with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until brussel sprouts begin to soften (3-4 minutes), flipping over half way through cooking. Add 3 Tablespoons water to skillet; cook until water has cooked away.
- Add sliced mushrooms and shallots to skillet. Continue cooking until mushrooms are done and cooked through (approx. 3-4 minutes). Add minced garlic; cook for additional minute. At this point, brussel sprouts and mushrooms should be cooked through. Add butter, and stir until butter has melted and coated veggies. (Note: Butter is completely optional, but adds good flavor)
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Servings 8Calories 122 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 12 mins
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS - SOUTHERN BITE
4.4/5 (5)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
MUSHROOMS AND BRUSSEL SPROUT BAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BACON BRUSSEL SPROUTS AU GRATIN - CJSKETOKITCHEN.COM
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
25 BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPES THAT ROCK!
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPES
SAUTEED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make brussel sprouts with bacon recipe?Directions. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, 1 turn. Add shallots to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth. Bring broth to a bubble,...
How long do you cook mushrooms in Brussels sprouts?Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.
How to cook mushrooms with bacon and sprouts?While sprouts are cooking cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from pan, reserving 1 T drippings. (As an alternative you can microwave the bacon until crisp; crumble.) Saute mushrooms in reserved bacon drippings (or use 1 T olive oil) until lightly browned. Combine bacon and sprouts with mushroom in pan.
What kind of mushrooms go with brussels sprouts?A duo of alliums—shallots and pearl onions—become irresistibly sweet when roasted, making them the ideal partner to slightly bitter brussels sprouts. Bacon, the usual star in recipes like this, is replaced with lardons made from king oyster mushrooms, making this an ideal vegetarian side dish that even meat lovers will enjoy.