BUTTERNUT SQUASH GINGER SOUP RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Peel, half, seed, and cut the squash into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-duty pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, if using, and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the fresh ginger and the ground ginger, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the squash and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the squash is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer small batches of the soup mixture to a blender . Blend until completely smooth. Alternatively, use a handheld immersion blender. Be sure to blend the soup thoroughly so it is a true purée.
- Return the soup to the pot. Adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve the soup topped with dollops of sour cream or crème fraîche, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fiber 10 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1422 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger
Categories Soup/Stew Ginger Bake Butternut Squash Fall Bon Appétit
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil baking sheet. Place squash, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake until squash is very soft, about 50 minutes. Using paring knife, remove peel from squash; discard peel. Cut squash into 2-inch pieces. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Mix in onion, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cinnamon. Cover pot and cook until onion is tender, about 15 minutes. Add squash and 5 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Return soup to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer, thinning soup with more broth if necessary. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, POTATO AND GINGER SOUP
Top this gorgeous autumnal soup with toasted pepitas and fresh rosemary.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the potato, ginger, nutmeg, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are well coated, 2 to 3 minutes more. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the butternut squash and simmer until the potatoes and squash are tender, about 20 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a simmer. Remove from the heat, discard the thyme and let cool at least 5 minutes. Carefully puree until smooth with a handheld immersion blender or in 2 to 3 batches in a blender (do not fill blender more than halfway full).
- Stir in the cream and reheat the soup if necessary, adjusting the consistency with water and seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve hot drizzled with more cream if using and a sprinkled with pepitas and thyme.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH CREAM SOUP WITH GINGER
This is our favorite butternut squash soup and the whole family loves it. I usually make a huge pot of soup and freeze parts of it before adding the cream. I like my soup thick, so I don't add a ton of vegetable broth, but feel free to thin it out with more broth.
Provided by AnnaLena
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Vegetable Soup Recipes Squash Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush cut side of butternut squash with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peel is crinkly and butternut squash is soft, about 40 minutes. Scrape flesh into a bowl with a spoon and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash flesh, 2 cups hot broth, and ginger. Season with ginger, curry, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors are well combined, about 15 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add more hot broth for a thinner soup. Stir in cream and season to taste with sugar, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.7 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 37.3 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 269.5 mg, Sugar 14 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK AND GINGER
Sweet roasted butternut squash tempers the heat of fresh ginger in this vegan soup. Coconut milk is swirled in for creaminess, while toasted squash seeds add a pleasing crunch.
Provided by Riley Wofford
Categories Food & Cooking Soups, Stews & Stocks Soup Recipes
Yield Serves 6 to 8; Makes about 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds; reserve, if desired (see Cook's Note). Drizzle cut side of squash with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Place, cut-side down, on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until squash is very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- In a 6-quart pot or Dutch oven, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until shallots are soft and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add ginger and coriander; cook until very fragrant, 2 minutes. Stir in broth, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Scoop flesh from cooled squash into pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring a few times, 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth. Return to pot; heat over medium. Whisk in coconut milk. Cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve, drizzled with more coconut milk and sprinkled with toasted squash seeds, if desired. Soup can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
SWEET POTATO AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
This silky fall/winter puree tastes rich, though there is no cream or butter in it.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and stir together until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the squash, sweet potatoes, regular potato, and water or stock, and bring to a simmer. Add salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until all of the ingredients are thoroughly tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup (or you can put it through the fine blade of a food mill or use a regular blender, working in batches and placing a kitchen towel over the top to avoid splashing). Return to the pot and stir with a whisk to even out the texture. Heat through, adjust salt and add pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 157, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 1033 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PURéED WINTER SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
One of the most comforting dishes you can make with winter squash is a puréed soup. I use rice to thicken this one, but you could also use a potato, or not add additional starch at all, as the squash itself has a lot of body. To enhance the flavor, this one calls for ginger, with a little lime juice and a swirl of yogurt added before serving.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories soups and stews, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot or Dutch oven and add the onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the winter squash, garlic and minced ginger and cook, stirring, until the mixture smells fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add the water or stock, the rice and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the squash is very tender
- Using a hand blender, or in batches in a regular blender, purée the soup. If using a regular blender, cover the top with a towel pulled down tight, rather than airtight with the lid. Return to the pot and heat through. Stir in the ginger juice, taste and season with salt and pepper. If desired, thin out with a little more water or stock
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add a tablespoon of yogurt (more to taste), then slowly swirl the yogurt into the soup with a spoon. Squeeze a few drops of lime juice onto each serving and sprinkle with whisper of nutmeg
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 154, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 1094 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
The combination of ginger and butternut squash is delicious and addictive. This recipe yields a creamy soup without the use of any cream. I love to whip this soup up with my immersion blender right in the pot. This soup also freezes well. You can serve it with a dollop of sour cream if you desire, although I serve it without a garnish. If you want to make this a completely dairy free soup, use dairy free margarine (Fleishman's unsalted, or Earth Balance.) Oh yeah, and you MUST use fresh ginger.
Provided by Lee Hock
Yield 6 bowls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Melt butter or margarine in stock pot, and add onions. Sautee over medium heat until translucent.
- 2. Add ginger, garlic, and cubed butternut squash. Sautee a few more minutes until fragrant.
- 3. Add orange juice, and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- 4. With an immersion blender, puree until it is completely smooth and creamy.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If it is too thick you may add more water.
GINGERED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Roasting the squash really adds a wonderful flavor to this delightful pureed soup. If you want a true vegetarian dish, simply substitute vegetable stock for the chicken broth. -Kim Pettipas Oromocto, New Brunswick
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings (about 3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place squash in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 4-1/2 teaspoons oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until tender. Set aside. , In a soup kettle, saute onion in butter and remaining oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the ginger, curry, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. , Stir in reserved squash. In a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in milk; heat through. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CHILI GINGER
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half from top to bottom and scoop out the seeds. Put the squash and the garlic clove onto a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until it is nice and soft, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. When it is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and set aside with the garlic clove.
- While the squash is roasting, put the remaining tablespoon of oil and the butter into a large pot over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is browned and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic clove into the pan, discarding the skin. Add the squash, ginger, chilies to taste and stock. Turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender, getting it as smooth as possible. Pour into a clean pot while you blend the rest. Heat the soup until it is piping hot. Taste and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- To serve, ladle the soup into warm bowls, drizzle with a little coconut milk, scatter over some cilantro leaves and chilies.
BUTTERNUT AND GINGER SOUP
A warming winter soup. If you don't want it too spicy, you could use less ginger and/or garlic.
Provided by lenny_lennartz
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add all the chopped vegetables. Stir-fry them until they start to brown.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Simmer until all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Season as required.
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
I was intrigued by the addition of apple vinegar to "round out" the flavor profile of this soup. A couple tablespoons of decoratively swirled creme fraiche (or sour cream) & a sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds makes for an elegant presentation. Found in the Tribune's Food & Drink Weekly.
Provided by Busters friend
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel the squash, using a sharp vegetable peeler. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut in 1-inch chunks.
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it softens, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger root and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the diced squash, water and salt and bring to a simmer. Cook at a low simmer until the squash is tender enough to smash with a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup, either using an immersion blender or grinding it in several stages in a regular blender. The soup should be completely smooth and a little thicker than heavy cream. Ladle the soup through a strainer into a clean soup pot, discarding any bits of squash or ginger left behind.
- Heat the soup through once more and season to taste, adding salt first and then the vinegar. Add the vinegar one-half teaspoons at a time; it will take a little more than 1 tablespoons.
- To serve, stir the crème fraîche to loosen the texture. Ladle the soup into wide bowls and spoon 1 to 2 Tbsps. of crème fraîche in a decorative pattern onto each. Scatter a few toasted slivered almonds over the soup and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 820.5, Carbohydrate 25.1, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 5.1, Protein 2.5
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
A deliciously sweet buttercup squash soup that's vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, and low calorie. I like to serve it with Parmesan crisps, crusty bread, or cornbread.
Provided by Marcia
Categories Squash Soup
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, salt, and pepper to the hot oil and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash, garlic, sage, rosemary, ginger, and sugar; mix to combine. Dissolve bouillon in hot water and pour into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree using an immersion blender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 237.4 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
BUTTERNUT GINGER SOUP
Make and share this Butternut Ginger Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by x_Gaz
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- in a 3-quart saucepan, saute the squash, carrots, celery, onion, and ginger in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minute stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Reheat on stove if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.7, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 52.4, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 7.2, Protein 2.9
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH FRESH GINGER AND QUINOA
This is a healthy and complete winter food. For thicker soup, add a cubed potato with the squash. Also good served with some sour cream or yogurt.
Provided by ornita4
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Vegetable Soup Recipes Squash Soup Recipes Butternut Squash Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, butternut squash, ginger, and cumin to onion and simmer over medium heat until squash is very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Pour squash mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Bring salted water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon butter into cooked quinoa and season with salt. Spoon quinoa into soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.1 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 65.2 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
GINGER SQUASH SOUP
Everyone likes the beautiful golden color and creamy consistency of this soup. A touch of ginger really sparks the mild flavor of butternut squash.-Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, simmer broth and squash. Add the applesauce, sugar, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream. Cook for 30 minutes or until soup reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 260mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER AND MAPLE SYRUP
A tangy soup with the zest of fresh ginger and the sweetness of pure maple syrup combined to make a thick puree that is enough to please any palate for lunch or dinner.
Provided by Slocan cook
Yield 1 Soup, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut and peel butternut squash into 1 inch cubes then cook in a steamer basket in a medium size saucepan until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Puree steamed squash in a blender or food processor until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the puree into a larger saucepan and add the 2 Cups of chicken broth and stir until creamy and smooth. Add the minced ginger and maple syrup and bring to a boil for 3 minutes and then simmer until flavors have blended together.
- Pour into serving bowls and have with your favorite snack crackers or a sandwich.
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH CINNAMON SOUP
A pureed vegetable soup can be an impressive, easy and affordable first course for an elegant dinner, or even a light dinner on its own with salad and bread.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Cream Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep saute pan until shimmering.
- Add butternut squash, then onion; saute, stirring very little at first, then more frequently, until squash start to turn golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter, sugar and garlic; continue cooking until all vegetables are a rich spotty caramel color, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cayenne pepper; continue to saute until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or traditional blender, puree until very smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute. (If using a traditional blender, vent it either by removing the lid's pop-out center or by lifting one edge of the lid. Drape the blender canister with a kitchen towel. To 'clean' the canister, pour in a little half-and-half, blend briefly, then add to the soup.)
- Return to pan (or a soup pot); add enough half-and-half so the mixture is souplike, yet thick enough to float garnish. Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed. Heat through, ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.3 g, Cholesterol 20.6 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 77.7 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
More about "butternut squash soup with ginger recipes"
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, PEAR, AND GINGER SOUP - HONEST …
CREAMY VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE WITH GINGER | EASY
JALAPEñO-GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH FENNEL, GINGER & GARLIC RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP | CREAMY, VEGAN INSTANT POT SOUP
SLOW COOKER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CURRY AND GINGER
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GINGER CARROT SOUP - FARMERS TO YOU
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
GINGERED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH SPICY PECAN CREAM RECIPE
CURRY GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAM OF SQUASH AND ROASTED GINGER SOUP - RICARDO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GINGER SOUP - SWEET AS HONEY
HONEY-GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP | ALTON BROWN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CARROT & GINGER - VEGAN ON BOARD
JERRY'S IGA - PRINT RECIPE: SOUTHWEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
CREAMY GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THE COOKING FAMILY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH COCONUT AND GINGER - ALTERNATIVE DISH
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH, PEAR & GINGER SOUP (VEGAN)
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH APPLE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES …
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT + GINGER SOUP - THE SAVVY SPOON
GINGER TURMERIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER AND CARDAMOM - FOOD & FLAIR
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH TURMERIC AND GINGER - INQUIRING CHEF
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH COCONUT AND GINGER RECIPE
GINGER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - CHELSEA JOY EATS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE - SOUP WITH GINGER & QUINOA - KALDZAR
RECIPE: BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER - PINCH AND SWIRL
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH GINGER SOUP - 2TEASPOONS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love