- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour canned or jarred nopales into a strainer to drain. Rinse under running water until jar liquid is washed off. Leave nopales in long strips or chop into pieces about the same size as the tomato and onions.
- In a large glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl, toss together tomato, onion, nopales, and cilantro.
- Place olive oil, lime juice, oregano, and salt into a small jar with lid on. Shake vigorously until mixture comes together. Pour dressing over salad and toss again, gently but thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate salad for at least an hour and up to 24 hours for flavors to meld. To serve, garnish with cheese, onion, and avocado.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Fiber 11 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 418 mg, Sugar 8 g, Fat 29 g, ServingSize 4 portions (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SOUTHWESTERN CACTUS SALAD
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine cactus, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro. Squeeze the juice from both lemons over the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with garlic salt (if you'd like) and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 1.7 g, Sodium 130.6 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
- Pare off edges of cactus paddles and slice into ¼ inch strips.
- Bring water, salt, and scallions to a boil.
- Drop in cactus strips and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender.
- Drain and rinse.
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, oil, sun dried tomatoes, and oregano in separate bowl.
- Arrange cactus strips and sautéed onions on platter, pour vinegar mixture over salad, sprinkle cheese and chilies on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57.1, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 1795.5, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 1.6
ENSALADA DE NAPALITOS: CACTUS SHOOT SALAD
Provided by Aarón Sánchez
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Begin by blanching cactus pads in salted boiling water until tender, for about 5 minutes; then shock in ice water.
- Julienne cactus pads into strips lengthwise. In a small salad bowl, mix in the green onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and cactus pads.
- In separate bowl mix garlic, oil and lime juice. Add all the other ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Place cactus paddles in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Grill or broil the paddles until grill marks appear on each side, or they turn dark green with black patches, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Cut cactus into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large bowl, combine the cactus, tomatoes, onions, chiles, cilantro and cheese with the remaining 1/2 cup oil, the vinegar, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss well. Serve on plates lined with lettuce leaves, and garnish with avocado slices sprinkled with cracked pepper garnish.
- In a small bowl, stir all the ingredients together. Spoon over vegetables or drizzle lightly over dressed salads as a garnish.
CALIFORNIA CACTUS SALAD
This is a Latin inspired recipe adapted from Cooking Light magazine. I sometimes can find cactus pads in Walmart.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Peel thorns from cactus pads with a vegetable peeler, leaving the green skin; cut cactus pads into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the cactus and garlic, saute 7-8 minutes or until cactus is tender. Combine the cactus mixture, beans and the next 7 ingredients(beans through tomatoes).
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each of 4 plates, top each with 1/2 cup cactus mixture, 1 1/2 tbls. cheese, and about 2 teaspoons sour cream. Enjoy!
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.7, Fat 3.3, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 4.7, Sodium 145.7, Carbohydrate 11.9, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 3.6, Protein 3.6
Why serve the same ol' salad when you could wow the crowd with something different? Try this colorful cactus salad with purple onions and chopped tomatoes.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Toss cactus, onion, tomato, cilantro and lime juice in medium bowl. Season to taste. Add cheese; mix lightly.
- Add a pinch of salt to vinegar in small bowl; stir until salt is dissolved. Gradually add oil, stirring with wire whisk until well blended.
- Drizzle just enough dressing over the salad to moisten all ingredients; toss lightly, Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
- 1. To prepare the nopales: If necessary, use a small sharp knife to remove any residual thorns or nodules from the cactus leaves. Bring 8 cups salted water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the nopales, onion, and garlic and reduce the heat to medium. Cook at a brisk simmer until the nopales are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Discard the onion and garlic. Cut the nopales into strips about 1/2 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. To make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season with salt.
- 3. Mix the nopales, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add as much dressing as you like (refrigerate any remaining dressing for another use) and toss. Divide the salad among 6 salad plates and top with the avocado and queso fresco. Serve immediately.
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE
Try something different today with our Cactus Salad Recipe. The extra zing you taste in our Cactus Salad Recipe comes from chopped serrano chilies.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, 1/2 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat 1 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 3 cups cactus strips; cook 4 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove to large bowl. Repeat with 1 Tbsp. of the remaining dressing and remaining cactus strips. Cool completely.
- Add remaining dressing and all other remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 11 g
More about "cactus salad recipes"
NOPALITOS CACTUS SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Salad, Quick And EasyCalories 67 per serving
CACTUS SALAD – NOPAL SALAD - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
3.5/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory SaladCalories 105 per serving
ENSALADA DE NOPALES (CACTUS SALAD) + VIDEO
CACTUS SALAD, ENSALADA DE NOPALES RECIPE - NOPALES SALAD ...
ENSALADA DE NOPALES- MEXICAN CACTUS SALAD - THAI CALIENTE
NOPALES SALAD - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
CACTUS RECIPES SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE & WINE MARGARITAS | CUPCAKE VINEYARDS
HOW TO MAKE CACTUS SALAD AND WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU | THE ...
CACTUS SALAD WITH GRILLED NOPALES - KEVIN IS COOKING
CACTUS SALAD | NORTHGATE MARKET
10 BEST MEXICAN CACTUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CACTUS LEAVES SALAD (ENSALADA DE …
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE – NORMEX GROUP HK
RICK BAYLESSNOPAL CACTUS SALAD - RICK BAYLESS
RECIPE: GRILLED CACTUS AND CORN SALAD | KITCHN
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE
CACTUS SALAD | RICARDO
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CACTUS SALAD RECIPES RECIPES ON TRIVET RECIPES: A RECIPE ...
CACTUS SALAD (ENSALADA DE NOPALES) - LA SAUCY KITCHEN
CACTUS SALAD | MEXTRADE
CACTUS SALAD (ENSALADA DE NOPALES) — KINDRED KITCHEN
GRILLED CACTUS AND CORN SALAD - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
CACTUS SALAD (NOPAL SALAD) | DEE'S KITCHEN
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPE
CACTUS SALAD - COOKING WITH JANICA
CACTUS SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
NOPALITOS CACTUS SALAD - FOOD RECIPES
NOPALES CACTUS SALAD - NORBERT'S KITCHEN
TENDER CACTUS SALAD | MCCORMICK
CACTUS SALAD(ENSALADA DE NOPALES) – MI COCINA
CACTUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FIND A RECIPE FOR CACTUS SALAD – NOPAL SALAD ON TRIVET ...
MEXICAN CACTUS SALAD RECIPE - ORANGE COUNTY GUIDE BY ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #vegetables #stove-top #tomatoes #novelty #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make cactus salad?This nutritious cactus salad is perfect for lunch or as side. 1 teaspoon agave nectar, honey or maple syrup. In a small bowl or jar whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, agave or honey, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
How do you cook cactus for beginners?Clean the cactus leaves of spines and wash them very well. Slice the nopales thin and put them in a pot with water to cover them. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook the leaves on medium high heat until tender, for about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the green onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Set them aside.
What can I do with cactus leaves?In a salad bowl place the cactus leaves, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro. Add salt to your taste, squeeze lime or lemon juice over them and a little bit of vegetable oil (I used olive oil). Sprinkle crumbled queso anejo over the salad and serve with grilled meats, frijoles de olla (Mexican beans), tacos, scrambled eggs etc.
How to cook cactus leaves on the grill?Instructions Clean the cactus leaves of spines and wash them very well. Slice the nopales thin and put them in a pot with water to cover them. Cook the leaves on medium high heat until tender, for about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the green onions, tomatoes and cilantro.