CAPER POTATO-GARLIC DIP
- Squeeze the excess water from the soaked bread and place it in a food processor. Add the garlic and process until it forms a smooth paste. Add all but one tablespoon of the capers and process until smooth. With the motor running, add the olive oil, a little at a time. Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice and the almonds and pulse to coarsely chop.
- Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in the mashed potato. (Do not do this in the food processor, or the potato will become gluey.) Season with pepper and, if necessary, salt to taste. Add more lemon juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Stir in a few tablespoons of water if the dip is very thick. Garnish with the remaining tablespoon of capers. The dip can be served with sliced bread or crudites or over steamed or poached fish or used to make the octopus-with- garlic-sauce recipe that follows.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 166, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 152 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
PAN SEARED BEEF CARPACCIO WITH POTATO CHIPS, FRIED CAPERS AND LEMON AIOLI
Try Chuck Hughes' irresistible Beef Carpaccio with crispy potato chips, fried capers and a creamy lemon aioli.
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- For the beef carpaccio: In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Completely coat the beef with the spice mix. In a pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sear the beef on all sides until golden brown and crusted, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to slice.
- For the aioli: With the back of a knife, crush the garlic. Place in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt and the Dijon mustard. Add the egg and whisk to blend. Slowly whisk in the oil, a little at a time, until all the oil is mixed in and the aioli emulsifies and becomes thick and creamy. Add the lemon juice and zest. If you need to thin the sauce, add water until you get the consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. (Use within 24 hours.)
- For the chips and capers: Rinse the potato slices under cold water and put them in a large bowl with the salt. Rinsing the potatoes will ensure they don't change color and will remove some of the starch. Add cold water to cover and set aside. (The longer the potatoes stay in the water, the crispier they will be when you fry them.)
- Drain the potatoes from the water and pat dry between paper towels. Dry off the capers with a paper towel and set aside.
- Using a deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Working in small batches, fry the potato chips, stirring a few times, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the potato chips to paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and reserve.
- Fry the capers until golden, 30 to 45 seconds. Reserve on paper towels to drain.
- Take the beef out of the refrigerator. Using a very sharp knife, cut slices as thinly as you can.
- Mix the baby spinach with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Plate the beef slices on individual plates, spoon the lemon aioli on the beef, garnish with the seasoned spianch, the potato chips, fried capers and chives.
BAKED POTATO-GARLIC DIP
Puree potato with oil, garlic and lemon for a delicious dip for vegetables or pita chips.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6-8 servings (about 3 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the potatoes until fork tender, about 1 hour. Cool, peel, discarding the skins, and break the potatoes into pieces.
- Process the almonds, olive oil and garlic in a food processor into a paste. Add the potato chunks, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a generous grinding of black pepper. Pulse until the mixture just comes together into a thick dip. Take care not to over-process or the dip will be gummy. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Spread the dip on a large serving dish. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with the chives if using. Serve with vegetables and/or pita chips for dipping.
OCTOPUS WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- If using fresh octopus, rinse it well and place in a heavy, nonreactive pot. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the octopus is fork-tender, adding a few tablespoons of water as needed. If using frozen octopus, place it in the pot still frozen and cook over medium-low heat, turning frequently, until thawed. Remove from heat.
- Drain the octopus, reserving the cooking liquid, and cut it into bite-size pieces. Place in a serving bowl. Stir in a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid to thin the dip to sauce consistency. Pour over the octopus and cool to room temperature. Garnish with reserved capers and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 107, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 262 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
POTATO GARLIC DIP
I don't know what else to call this. We had something similar in a Peruvian restaurant in CA and I've been trying to find out it's name ever since. It was served with a flat bread but I think pita triangles would work out great too!
Provided by TishT
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the potatoes and enough water to cover in a 2 quart saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender - about 15-20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic cloves, and salt.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of potato water. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, add the garbanzo mix, the reserved 1/2 cut potato water, and the chopped parsley, and combine until well mixed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.8, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 2.7, Sodium 1089.3, Carbohydrate 63.7, Fiber 9.6, Sugar 1.9, Protein 9.9
LEMON, CAPER & GARLIC WHITE-BEAN DIP
- Drain and rinse beans well. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except parsley. Process on high until texture is very smooth and creamy. Pulse in parsley. Adjust ingredient amounts to suit your taste; this is a very forgiving recipe and amounts do not need to be exact. Place in covered bowl and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with warm pita bread, pita chips and assorted vegetables cut to dipping size (carrots, bell peppers, onions, etc.).
More about "caper potato garlic dip recipes"
CRISPY SMASHED BABY POTATOES WITH CAPER GARLIC YOGURT DIP
Servings 4Category Sides
TOMATO-CAPER POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY SMOKED SALMON DIP RECIPE WITH CAPERS AND FRESH DILL
SKORDALIA- GREEK GARLIC AND POTATO DIP - REAL GREEK RECIPES
IRISH ROADKILL WITH CAPERS | SMASHED POTATOES WITH CAPERS RECIPE ...
CAPER POTATO-GARLIC DIP FROM THE FOODS OF THE GREEK ISLANDS BY …
10 BEST LEMON CAPER GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SKORDALIA (GREEK POTATO DIP) RECIPE - ANDREW ZIMMERN | FOOD
15 WAYS TO USE THE JAR OF CAPERS IN YOUR FRIDGE | ALLRECIPES
17 CAPERS RECIPES YOU’LL HAVE TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
15 EASY AND TASTY CAPER DIP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES ROASTED GARLIC CAPER DRESSING
GARLIC CAPER STRING BEANS RECIPE
LEMON CAPER POTATO SALAD - COOKEATSHARE
NEW POTATOES WITH CAPER SAUCE - POTATO SIDE DISH RECIPES
CRISPY ROASTED POTATOES WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE
15 GREAT CAPERS RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
CAPER POTATO-GARLIC DIP - MASTERCOOK
CAPER POTATO-GARLIC DIP - DINING AND COOKING
20 CAPER RECIPES TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION - PALEO GRUBS
CAPER POTATO-GARLIC DIP RECIPE
RECIPES | HOMESPUN CAPERS
SMOKY GARLIC LEMON CAPER DIP - A COMFY KITCHEN
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES WITH CAPER GREMOLATA
EGG CAPER DIP RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
RECIPE OF SUPER QUICK HOMEMADE CAPER DIP | BEST RECIPES
CAPER POTATO DIP | GARLIC DIP, POTATOES, CAPERS
LEMON GARLIC CAPERS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES AND CAPERS - DISH IT GIRL RECIPE BOX
SKORDALIA DIP WITH CAPERS AND ALMONDS: BREAD, GARLIC, …
SALMON WITH POTATOES AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
GREEK ISLAND PARSLEY-GARLIC DIP - OLIVE TOMATO
RECIPE: POTATO SALAD WITH CAPERS STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
RECIPES EASY TO MAKE CAPER DIP 2 | C ROM RECIPES
GARLIC CAPERS - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
6 EASY AND TASTY CAPER DIP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
MALTESE POTATOES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
POTATOES WITH CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAMY LEMON BASIL CAPER SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY GREEK YOGURT LEMON CAPER DIP - OLIVE TOMATO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is this Greek garlic and potato dip healthy?This Greek Garlic And Potato Dip, is one of the dishes that really shows that the Greek diet is one of THE HEALTHIEST. We love garlic all right.
How do you make mashed potatoes with garlic?Peel and cut the potatoes into small squares and boil over medium heat until they fall apart when you prick them with a knife. In a blender, add remaining ingredients and blend until garlic cloves turn into a thick paste.
What goes well with potatoes and capers?While the potatoes are boiling, butter is whipped with capers, green onions, Parmesan, and parsley to create a herbaceous blend. Once tossed together, each bite of potato gets coated in buttery goodness with the sharp tang of capers. Who would've thought that spaghetti, jarred capers, and canned tuna could combine to create this impressive dinner?
What do you put on top of boiled potatoes?While the potatoes are boiling, butter is whipped with capers, green onions, Parmesan, and parsley to create a herbaceous blend. Once tossed together, each bite of potato gets coated in buttery goodness with the sharp tang of capers.