CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP
This is a sweet, lightly tangy, caramel syrup. Easy to make. Uses: French toast, pancakes, ice cream topping, drizzle over drinks that are topped with whipped cream. Dip martini rim into it for added goodness, garnish a plate filled with apples and goat cheese with it, or drizzle over grilled fruits or meat toward the end of cooking. Stored in a jar for future use. Use your imagination.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 1 cup, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat brown sugar and butter in heavy bottom, medium sized pan over medium heat until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring constantly.
- Carefully stir in lemonade stirring to blend and dissolve lumps,(When the lemonade is poured upon the caramel, considerable commotion will take place and care must be taken to keep the hand out of the steam).
- Jar and use as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.7, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 23.2, Carbohydrate 57.8, Sugar 57, Protein 0.1
BUTTERMILK CARAMEL SYRUP
- Mix sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda together in a large pan over medium heat. It will expand because of the baking soda. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.4 calories, Carbohydrate 40.7 g, Cholesterol 31.4 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 184.7 mg, Sugar 39.4 g
The recipe for this delicious caramel syrup, which is a great addition to caramel cake, is courtesy of Dr. Maya Angelou and can be found in her new cookbook, "Hallelujah."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes enough for one 8-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Continue cooking, brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush but without stirring, until mixture becomes golden amber in color.
- Immediately remove from heat and add 1 cup water. Return to heat and continue stirring until mixture becomes liquid. Transfer to a heatproof container and let cool completely before using.
CARAMEL PANCAKE SYRUP
The best syrup to put on pancakes, French toast or crepes. The best part is it's extremely easy and quick to make! This is a copycat recipe of the syrup from Kneaders Cafe in Utah.
Provided by ely123
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine light corn syrup, heavy cream, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and syrup is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 20.4 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 22.2 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
- Heat sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and syrup is clear. Continue to cook, without stirring, until syrup comes to a boil, occasionally washing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals from forming. Let syrup boil, gently swirling pan occasionally, until dark amber.
- Remove from heat; whisk in lemon juice, liqueur (if desired), butter, and 2 tablespoons water. (Caramel will steam and spatter.) Serve warm.
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy-bottom saucepan made of stainless steel, aluminum, copper or unchipped agate. Start cooking over low heat. If any syrup spatters onto the inside of the saucepan, use a brush dipped in cold water to wipe it away. This will prevent the syrup from crystallizing when it has finished cooking.
- Once syrup is boiling, add lemon juice. Continue cooking until syrup has a clear dark-amber or caramel color. It should register about 248 degrees on a thermometer used for candy. It will take about 20 minutes for the syrup to start to boil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 387, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 100 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 2 milligrams, Sugar 100 grams
For Creme Caramel or Creme Brulee For Creme Caramel: Pour the syrup (carefully! Its HOT!) into individual custard cups and swirl the cups around to line with the syrup, which will immediately harden. Or, line a larger baking dish. Pour the custard over and bake in the oven according to your traditional recipe. (I have cooked the custards themselves in the microwave as well without problem, but I seem to prefer the oven method.) For Creme Brulee: Pour the syrup slowly over the top of a baked custard so that it makes a thin smooth layer of hardened caramel. (This is a non-traditional way to get the "burned" sugar topping, but its a lot easier than all the other complicated ways I have tried with varied results. I love tapping the hard caramel with a spoon when I eat it. It crackles and shatters, making a wonderful contrast with the rich and smooth custard underneath -- my favorite dessert!) Posted to EAT-L Digest by Jo McGinnis on Feb 15, 1998
Provided by Super Odie
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Mix sugar and water in a 2-cup Pyrex measure.
- Boil on high in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully at the last through the window. When the syrup reaches a dark golden color, turn off the power.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387, Sodium 2.8, Carbohydrate 100, Sugar 99.8
LEMON CRèME CARAMEL
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Have ready a 9-inch (1-quart) glass pie plate. In a dry 5-quart heavy kettle cook 1 cup sugar over moderately low heat, stirring slowly with a fork (to help sugar melt evenly), until melted and pale golden. Cook caramel, without stirring, gently swirling kettle, until deep golden. Immediately pour caramel into pie plate, tilting pie plate to coat bottom and side evenly, and put pie plate in a baking pan.
- With a vegetable peeler remove zest from 1 lemon and in a food processor pulse with remaining 1/3 cup sugar until finely chopped. Squeeze enough juice from lemons to measure 1/4 cup. In a saucepan bring cream and lemon sugar just to a boil, stirring. In a bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, vanilla, and a pinch salt until combined well and add cream mixture and lemon juice in a stream, whisking. Pour custard through a sieve into pie plate.
- Add enough hot water to baking pan to reach halfway up side of pie plate and bake crème caramel in middle of oven about 40 minutes, or until outer 3 inches are set but center still trembles slightly. (Custard will continue to set as it cools.) Remove pie plate from pan and cool crème caramel completely on a rack. Chill crème caramel, loosely covered with plastic wrap, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Run a thin knife around edge of crème caramel and gently rotate pie plate back and forth to make sure crème caramel is loosened. Invert a flat serving plate with a slight lip over pie plate and invert crème caramel onto serving plate.
LEMON AND ROSEMARY CARAMELS
- Line 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream and salt to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in rosemary and lemon peel; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. DO NOT STIR. Boil until sugar turns a light golden amber color and candy thermometer reads 310°F.
- Add cream mixture. Beat with whisk until thermometer reads 248°F. Pour into pan; cool 10 minutes. If desired, garnish with additional rosemary and lemon peel.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
More about "caramel lemon syrup recipes"
CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsServings 1.75
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a caramel color. Gradually add whipping cream, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To Reheat: Microwave in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.
CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP RECIPE - BELLA CIBO'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP RECIPE | MAMMA MARZIA
THE BEST VEGAN CARAMEL - NO FAIL RECIPE- 4 INGREDIENTS!
CARAMEL BUTTERMILK SYRUP RECIPE - CREATIONS BY KARA
THE BEST SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE (SO EASY!) - AVERIE COOKS
EASY BUTTERMILK CARAMEL SYRUP - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
LYLE'S EASY CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | LYLE GOLDEN SYRUP
LEMON SYRUP RECIPE | CANNING LEMONS - A FARM GIRL IN THE MAKING
LEMON CARAMEL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST DIY CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DIY CARAMEL SYRUP
CARAMEL SYRUP - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
CARAMEL-LEMON SYRUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE - MINDEE'S COOKING OBSESSION
CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALTY CARAMEL LEMON DROP — MIKE AUGUSTYNIAK
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL SYRUP FOR COFFEE - COPYKAT RECIPES
LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP: EASY, 3-INGREDIENT RECIPE - CHELSWEETS
HOMEMADE CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMON CRèME BRULéE WITH CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE MY CAFE
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CARAMEL (RECIPE INCLUDED)
10 BEST LIGHT CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP RECIPE | BELLA CIBO'S KITCHEN
LEMON-LIME SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - COCKTAIL CHAMELEON
10 BEST CARAMEL SYRUP DRINKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON CARAMEL CAKE - FROM THE LARDER
CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL SYRUP (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON SYRUP RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
CARAMEL LEMON SYRUP RECIPE
CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL SAUCE)
EASY CARAMEL SYRUP RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
MEYER LEMON SYRUP RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
UKRAINIAN HONEY CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #sauces #condiments-etc #fruit #spanish #easy #european #stove-top #south-american #dietary #low-sodium #argentine #sweet-sauces #venezuelan #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make caramel syrup?Why Caramel Syrup, of course! Our recipe is simple--only 4 ingredients--and is also great over ice cream or wherever Caramel Syrup is needed. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a caramel color.
How do you make caramel sauce at home?Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a caramel color. Gradually add whipping cream, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
What is the difference between caramel syrup and caramel sugar?In general, caramelizing sugar to create candy or sauce can be tricky because it requires high heat and it can burn easily. When making syrup, however, water is added, which makes caramel syrup more forgiving, though it does require your undivided attention.
How do you Make Lemonade with lemon syrup?Pour the syrup into a heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature, then stir in 1 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice. You may make ahead, the syrup keeps indefinitely.