CARAMELIZED ONION & GARLIC PASTA
This full-flavored recipe is the result of my mom's love of pasta and our love of cooking together. With a bit of pepper heat and smoky bacon, the entree is excellent alone or paired with grilled chicken. -Lacy Jo Matheson, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown., Add the tomatoes, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture., Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and pepper; heat through. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 calories, Fat 25g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 496mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
Cooking onions and mushrooms slowly for a long time concentrates their flavor, which adds depth without a ton of oil. Pairing the onion mixture with whole wheat pasta isn't just a healthful whole grain choice either - the nutty flavor and sturdy chew of the noodles enhance the entire dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven or wide pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until they are lightly browned and they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir well, then add the onions, paprika, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally (more frequently toward the end), until the onions are golden and very tender, about 30 minutes, reducing the heat to medium during the last 10 minutes so the onions don't burn.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain. Add the pasta, 3/4 cup cooking water, the sour cream and vinegar to the mushroom-onion mixture. Toss until the pasta is well coated and slightly saucy, gradually adding the remaining cooking water as needed.
- Add about half each of the parsley, dill and chives to the pasta and toss; season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining parsley, dill and chives.
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA
All you need for this tasty dinner is a bag of onions, garlic, some dried pasta, and cheese. Caramelizing sliced onions in a little butter and olive oil makes them become sweet and yielding, almost luscious. Pasta water and Parmesan do double duty, adding salt and depth while the creamy sauce forms.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium until butter is melted. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender and deeply golden brown, about 30 minutes. (Stop before the onions become dry and shriveled.) Add red pepper flakes (if using) and 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Remove pot from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta and 1 cup pasta cooking liquid to onion mixture and stir to combine. Add a small handful of cheese and stir until melted. Repeat with remaining cheese, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to create a glossy sauce that coats the pasta. Stir in parsley (if using).
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with Parmesan, parsley, and a few cranks of pepper.
I came up with this simple, wonderful recipe through trial and error. It really hits the spot and only take minutes to make. My whole family loves it - even my picky 5 year old! So quick, so easy! Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Provided by Jackie
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet place oil, butter and onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add basil, pepper, water and bouillon and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to cooked pasta, sprinkle with cheese, toss and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579.3 calories, Carbohydrate 60.3 g, Cholesterol 90.7 mg, Fat 33 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 114.8 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
CHICKEN, BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA BAKE (COOKING FOR 2)
Shredded chicken, bites of bacon and sweet caramelized onions in a creamy Gruyère sauce make this decidedly dialed-up version of mac and cheese a real winner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 7-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package to al dente; drain.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Beat in milk, salt and pepper with whisk; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; beat in Gruyère and Parmesan cheeses. Add cooked pasta, chicken, bacon and browned onions; gently stir to combine. Transfer to same 7-inch cast-iron skillet.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over top of pasta mixture. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1230, Carbohydrate 100 g, Cholesterol 220 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 4 g, Protein 66 g, SaturatedFat 34 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1720 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 2 g
SPICY SPAGHETTI WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND HERBS
Except perhaps for the fresh herbs, you probably have all the necessary ingredients to make this incredibly flavorful, easy pasta. The caramelized onions add sweetness to the salty olives and Parmesan, while red chile and garlic make the dish's flavors pungent and deep. A squeeze of fresh lemon right at the end brightens everything, adding a mild tang. Feel free to play around with the basic formula, swapping capers or even a small tin of sardines or tuna for olives, vinegar for the lemon, arugula or spinach for the parsley, and other cheeses (feta or pecorino) for the Parmesan.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put a large pot of heavily salted water on and let it come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook the onions: Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and pale golden at the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Lower heat if the edges start to brown too quickly or raise heat if onions aren't turning golden quickly enough.
- When the water comes to a boil, cook spaghetti according to package directions until just al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Thinly slice 4 garlic cloves, and stir into golden onions, along with red-pepper flakes. Continue to cook until onions are a rich brown, about 10 minutes longer. If the garlic starts to burn, lower the heat.
- Finely grate remaining garlic cloves, and mash into anchovies using the flat side of your knife. Move some of the onion mixture to the side of the pan and add anchovy paste to bare spot in the skillet. Cook paste for 1 minute, then add herbs and olives, stir everything together, and cook another 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked pasta, butter, and salt to taste, tossing to coat pasta. Add pasta water if it looks dry. Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon, and sprinkle with Parmesan and more chile on top, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 536, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 479 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CARAMELIZED ONION PENNE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook to al dente and drain.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the anchovy paste and let it melt into the oil. Add the onions and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the onions until very soft and light caramel in color, about 20 minutes. Stir in the cream, and cook until heated through. Remove the bay leaf, then add the pasta and cheese and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
CREAMY CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA
The Associated Press. Note: I cut the servings in half but caramelized the entire three pounds of onions and saved the rest for other recipes. Perfect for weekday meals. Because the onions are caramelizing while you're at work or school, and all you have to do when you arrive home is boil the water for the pasta and lightly wilt the arugula. The only thing I did differently was to serve the ingredients separately in lieu of stirring everything together.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large slow cooker, combine the onions and olive oil. Stir well to coat, then cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until well browned and caramelized.
- When the onions are done, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, then set pasta aside.
- In the same pot you used to boil the pasta, add the caramelized onions, creme fraiche, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir over medium heat until the arugula just begins to wilt and the cream fraiche is heated through.
- Plate the pasta, spoon the caramelized onion-creme fraiche mixture over it then season with salt, freshly grated black pepper; garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.5, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 80.3, Sodium 108, Carbohydrate 50.3, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 8.9, Protein 9.8
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GARLIC PASTA
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 T oil to the skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper; and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 38.3, Sodium 398.3, Carbohydrate 67.2, Fiber 4, Sugar 7.2, Protein 17
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
This recipe it's actually very simple and will make a great anniversary dinner.
Provided by arhg85
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, on a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil and saute the onion with the jalapenioo for a couple of mins. Add sugar, a good splash of wine (I use about 1/4 cup), vinegar and a sprinkle of salt. Reduce heat and let all the ingredients simmer for about 7 mins, until all the alcohol from the wine has evaporated (this is why it's important to use a good wine) and the sugar has melted; you want that onion to be dark and sticky.
- Add the cooked pasta to the caramelized onion, mix well and toss in the thyme and basil. Garnish with grated parmesan.
PASTA WITH YOGURT AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and set over a bowl or in the sink. Add the yogurt and let drain for 2 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. As the water heats, add enough salt so that you can taste it. Add the pasta and cook until soft, not al dente. Combine the drained yogurt with 1/2 cup cooking water and mix well. Drain the pasta and toss with the yogurt mixture.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Sprinkle generously with cheese and top with caramelized onions and their juices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 851, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 114 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 1212 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams
More about "caramelized onion pasta recipes"
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory MainsCalories 887 per serving
- While the water comes to a boil, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir well to combine. Cook, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat as necessary so the onions don’t burn, for 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, using a spoon to crumble the sausage, and stir it into the onions. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the sausage is cooked through and the onions are deeply golden brown, about 25 minutes more.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - RAINBOW PLANT LIFE
5/5 (40)Calories 551 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Heat a 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven somewhere between medium-high and high heat. Add the olive oil, and once it’s hot, add the thinly sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook the onions until a light brown fond starts to form on the surface of the pan, about 5 minutes. Add a few spoons of water to deglaze the pan. Continue cooking the onions, adding more water every few minutes and stirring frequently to prevent burning, until they’re deeply golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the sliced garlic cloves. Stir frequently, adding water as needed to deglaze. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the onions are fully caramelized and the garlic is golden and soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes and oregano, and stir to coat the onions, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and stir constantly, or until the paste has caramelized and become darker, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tamari, nutritional yeast, and chopped sundried tomatoes and stir to combine. Turn the heat to low.
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - GIRL GONE GOURMET
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 522 per serving
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with the olive oil. Add the sliced onions and turn the heat to low. Cook the onions until they are softened and browned all over, stirring them every once in while (see notes for more details about caramelizing onions).
- While the onions are cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve a quarter cup of the starchy pasta water before draining the pasta.
- When the onions have caramelized, turn the heat up to medium and add the white wine to the pan. Scrape up all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and then add in the vegetable stock and oregano. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce reduce for a few minutes (it shouldn’t be saucy – you want just enough liquid to coat the bottom of the pan). Add the butter to the pan and stir it around so it melts and coats the onions. Add the cooked pasta and toss everything together until the pasta is coated in the sauce. If, needed, add some of the starchy pasta water to thin the sauce.
CARAMELIZED ONION AND MUSHROOM PASTA - CREATE …
CARAMELIZED ONION & ROASTED GARLIC PASTA - TWO RED …
BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA – SKINNY SPATULA
CARAMELIZED ONION & ROASTED GARLIC PASTA RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - THE LEMON PRESS
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND WHITE BEANS - PITH AND RIND
CARAMELIZED ONION ALFREDO RECIPE (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PASTA - THE SPICY GRINGA
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BLUE CHEESE PASTA - THE TWIN COOKING …
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH MADEIRA – FITLIFE RECIPES
CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM TORTELLINI WITH …
VEGAN CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - WELL AND FULL
PASTA & CARAMELIZED ONIONS, TOMATOES, PARSLEY, & OLIVES RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION TOMATO PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND BASIL
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH KALE | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA (VEGAN) - OH MY VEGGIES
CARAMELIZED CABBAGE & ONION PASTA | THE FULL HELPING
CARAMELIZED ONION, APPLE AND BRIE FLATBREAD PIZZAS
CARAMELIZED VIDALIA ONION PASTA WITH HERBED BREADCRUMBS
CHICKPEA & CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA | RUSTIC PLATE
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - THE CLEVER MEAL
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH GORGONZOLA - BOOTS & HOOVES …
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONION SAUCE RECIPE - TETI'S FLAKES
PASTA & CARAMELIZED ONIONS, MUSHROOMS, & BELL PEPPER RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION FETTUCCINE | COOKSTR.COM
SHRIMP PEPPERS ONIONS PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
CARAMELISED ONION PASTA WITH GRUYERE • THE COOK REPORT
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA | PUNCHFORK
CARAMELIZED ONION CARBONARA RECIPE - TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA SAUCE - CHEF SARAH ELIZABETH
CARAMELIZED ONION BACON PASTA BAKE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
SWEET CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CARAMELIZED ONION, APPLE, AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE | KITCHN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Cook Pasta with onions and garlic?Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
How do you caramelize onions for spaghetti sauce?Caramelizing sliced onions in a little butter and olive oil turns them sweet and yielding, almost luscious. Pasta water and Parmesan do double duty, adding salt and depth while the creamy sauce forms. Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium until butter is melted.
How to Cook Pasta on the stove top?Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and pepper; heat through.
How to Cook Pasta with Parmesan cheese?Pasta water and Parmesan do double duty, adding salt and depth while the creamy sauce forms. Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium until butter is melted. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender and deeply golden brown, about 30 minutes.