Provided by Amy @ The Blond Cook
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine.
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
THE BEST VINEGAR COLESLAW
We love the zippiness that a vinegar-based dressing brings to this coleslaw, making it the perfect partner for rich, meaty dishes like pulled pork or ribs. Cabbage can take lots of seasoning and lots of vinegar, so don't be bashful. But the real secret to this colorful coleslaw is the marinating time - a long trip to the fridge softens up the veggies and gives them time to absorb the flavors of the vinaigrette. A drizzle of olive oil at the end balances the acidity.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt, sugar, celery salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing for serving. Toss the green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots in the remaining dressing until the vegetables are completely coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3.
- Strain the coleslaw through a colander and discard the liquid. Transfer the coleslaw to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the reserved dressing and the oil. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Toss to coat.
CAROLINA COLE SLAW
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard and celery seeds in nonaluminum medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, onion and green pepper in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until cold, tossing occasionally, at least 2 hours. (Can be made1 day ahead. Cover; keep refrigerated.)
- In a large salad bowl, place the cabbage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and carrot. Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and vegetable oil in the bowl with the vegetables. Toss the mixture until the vegetables are fully coated with the marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 223.8 mg, Sugar 12.3 g
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE COLESLAW
this simple, spicy slaw is traditionally served in north carolina as a barbeque sidedish, as well as a crunchy topping on pulled pork sandwiches.
Provided by Red Hot Housewife
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 sidedish portions, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. add the cabbage and toss. let stand for 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
CREAMY CAROLINA COLESLAW
This is wonderful with just about anything. You can substitute light mayo and light sour cream for the regular. I have even used Splenda for the sugar.
Provided by FloridaGrl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir together first 1o ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, tossing well to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 20.3, Sodium 319.6, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 9.3, Protein 3
More about "carolina cole slaw recipes"
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SOUTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
COLESLAW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
18 COLESLAW RECIPES THAT PAIR WITH ANY MEAL | SOUTHERN …
NO-MAYO CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE (SUPER YUMMY)
CAROLINA COLESLAW - PESTO & MARGARITAS
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 6Total Time 15 mins
16 BEST COLESLAW RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE COLESLAW
VINEGAR-BASED CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (384)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side Dish, SaladCalories 264 per serving
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW | RECIPE | BOUNDED BY BUNS
COLE COOKS: NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR COLESLAW RECIPE
IVINEGAR-BASED BASED CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - GO FOOD
CAROLINA-STYLE COLE SLAW - A LIGHT BBQ SIDE DISH - THE TASTE PLACE
CAROLINA-STYLE SLAW DOGS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CAROLINA COLESLAW - THE HAPPY HOME LIFE
CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - LOVE PEACE AND TINY FEET
CAROLINA COLE SLAW : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
QUICK & EASY CAROLINA COLESLAW - SNUG & COZY LIFE
CAROLINA COLESLAW – A SOUTHERN TWIST ON AN OLD FAVOURITE
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
CAROLINA STYLE RED SLAW - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
VINEGAR BASED CAROLINA COLESLAW IS PERFECT FOR YOUR BBQ
CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - MOM KNOWS IT ALL - FROM VAL'S KITCHEN
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
NORTH CAROLINA PULLED PORK WITH HOMEMADE COLESLAW RECIPE
PULLED PORK WITH CAROLINA SLAW - NECESSARY INDULGENCES
SOUTHERN SALADS: COLESLAW - DISCOVER SOUTH CAROLINA
CAROLINA APPLE CIDER VINEGAR COLESLAW WITHOUT MAYO
CAROLINA COLE SLAW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ALEX LEWIN'S FERMENTED CAROLINA SLAW - MOUNTAIN FEED & FARM …
THE BEST SOUTHERN STYLE BBQ COLESLAW RECIPE
CAROLINA COLESLAW: AN EASY AND DELICIOUS BBQ SIDE DISH
CAROLINA COLE SLAW - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST VINEGAR COLESLAW RECIPE (NO MAYO) | SHANE & SIMPLE
LEXINGTON-STYLE RED COLESLAW RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
COLESLAW RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
COLE COOKS: NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - FUN DIEGO FAMILY
CREAMY CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUTH CAROLINA COOKED COLE SLAW - MARCEL'S CULINARY EXPERIENCE
VINEGAR COLESLAW - THE SEASONED MOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Carolina coleslaw from scratch?Carolina Coleslaw. Ingredients. Instructions. In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine. In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly.
What is the best way to make Carolina cabbage slaw?"this simple, spicy slaw is traditionally served in north carolina as a barbeque sidedish, as well as a crunchy topping on pulled pork sandwiches." in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. add the cabbage and toss. let stand for 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
What is Carolina-style slaw?Carolina-style slaw is made with a tangy vinegar dressing, a tasty alternative to coleslaw with mayonnaise dressing. The sweet and tangy dressing is cooked with seasonings and then poured over the shredded and chopped vegetables.
Can you make coleslaw ahead of time?Step 2: Place the cabbage in a large nonreactive bowl and stir in the Eastern North Carolina-Style Vinegar Sauce. Taste for seasoning, adding more vinegar sauce as necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes, then taste again, adding more vinegar sauce and/or salt as necessary. The coleslaw can be made up to 4 hours ahead.