One of those dinner creations inspired by the contents of my fridge, this is a really nice vegetarian twist on an old favourite. Quantities are a little inexact, and really depend both on the size of your baking dish and your tastes.
Provided by catxx
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 200C, and brush some of the melted butter inside a lasagne/casserole dish.
- Mix carrots, cheeses, onion, herbs, seasonings and egg in a bowl.
- Place half the carrot mix into casserole dish, and top with a layer of the lasagne sheets.
- Brush the lasagne sheets with the rest of the melted butter. Cover with a single layer of tomato slices, and drizzle the sour cream over the tomato.
- Cover the tomatoes with another layer of lasagne sheets, followed by the rest of the carrot mix.
- Top with a single line of tomato slices down the middle of the dish. Combine the extra cheese and the breadcrumbs, and sprinkle them on top.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until golden and crusty on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.7, Fat 10.5, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 76.1, Sodium 411.5, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.9, Protein 11
CARROT AND FETA LASAGNA
- Grease ovenproof dish.
- Heat butter and oil in pan, add leeks and garlic, cook, stirring until leeks are soft.
- Add carrots, cook, covered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until carrots are soft, cool slightly, stir in basil.
- Combine eggs, cream and pepper in bowl, mix well.
- Cover base of prepared dish with half lasagna sheets, top with half the carrot mixture, half the feta and half the egg mixture.
- Repeat layers, finishing with egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven about 50 minutes or until firm and browned.
THE ULTIMATE LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until pliable and barely tender, about 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Drain the noodles thoroughly and coat with olive oil to keep them moist and easy to work with.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil, add beef and sausage and brown until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In a food processor, combine the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, parsley, an oregano. Process until pureed, add to the pan with the ground meat and stir to combine. Stir in the flour. Add the wine and cook until it has reduced by half. Stir in the tomatoes and add the heavy cream and the cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta and the parmesan. Stir in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the lasagna: Coat the bottom of a deep 13 by 9-inch pan with olive oil. Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise in a slightly overlapping layer on the sauce. Then, line each end of the pan with a lasagna noodle. This forms a collar that holds in the corners. Dollop 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the pasta, spread to the edges with a spatula. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture over the ricotta. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella on top of the ricotta. Top with a ladle full of sauce, spread evenly. Repeat with the next layer of noodles, ricotta, sauce, and cheeses. Top last layer with noodles, sauce, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. Tap the pan to force out air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Let lasagna rest for 30 minutes so the noodles will settle and cut easily. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
EASY CLASSIC LASAGNE
Kids will love to help assemble this easiest ever pasta bake with streaky bacon, beef mince, a crème fraîche sauce and gooey mozzarella
Provided by Angela Boggiano
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Pasta, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Use kitchen scissors to snip the bacon into small pieces, or use a sharp knife to chop it on a chopping board. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for just a few mins until starting to turn golden. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in the mince and cook, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for about 6 mins until browned all over.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min, mixing in well with the beef and vegetables. Tip in the chopped tomatoes. Fill each can half full with water to rinse out any tomatoes left in the can, and add to the pan. Add the honey and season to taste. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To assemble the lasagne, ladle a little of the ragu sauce into the bottom of the roasting tin or casserole dish, spreading the sauce all over the base. Place 2 sheets of lasagne on top of the sauce overlapping to make it fit, then repeat with more sauce and another layer of pasta. Repeat with a further 2 layers of sauce and pasta, finishing with a layer of pasta.
- Put the crème fraîche in a bowl and mix with 2 tbsp water to loosen it and make a smooth pourable sauce. Pour this over the top of the pasta, then top with the mozzarella. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and bake for 25-30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve scattered with basil, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 844 calories, Fat 52 grams fat, SaturatedFat 30 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
No one will even miss the meat when you serve this vegetable-rich lasagna. It has a fresh, full-bodied flavor. To save time, prepare the carrot and spinach layers in advance. -Mary Jane Jones, Williamstown, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Cook carrots according to package directions; drain and cool. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a food processor, puree the carrots, onion, ricotta, salt and pepper. In same skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. In a food processor, puree the shallots, spinach, ricotta, egg, salt and pepper. , In a large skillet, cook eggplant and garlic in oil over medium heat in batches for 7-10 minutes or until tender; drain. Sprinkle with salt., Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 4 noodles, carrot mixture, 1/2 cup sauce, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup Parmesan. Top with 4 noodles, eggplant, 1/2 cup sauce, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup Parmesan. , Layer with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, 1/2 cup sauce, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup Parmesan. Top with remaining sauce, basil, mozzarella and Parmesan (dish will be full). , Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 954mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
LASAGNA WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT, MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS
This is like a combination of eggplant Parmesan and lasagna, with the added texture and flavor provided by savory mushrooms and sweet roasted carrots.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, casseroles, main course
Yield Yield: 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place the eggplant slices on a sheet pan or a cooling rack and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. Pat dry with paper towels and toss in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer (you may have to do this in two batches) and roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, close the oven door and, using tongs, flip the eggplant slices over. Return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender when pierced with a knife and browned in spots.
- Toss the mushrooms, carrots and thyme with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the carrots are lightly caramelized and the mushrooms tender. Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a rectangular baking pan. Stir the mushrooms and carrots into the marinara sauce. Spread a small spoonful of the sauce over the bottom of a baking pan. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Top the noodles with a spoonful of sauce, then a layer of eggplant slices. Top the eggplant with half of the mozzarella and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of lasagna noodles topped with a layer of tomato sauce and a layer of Parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and place in the oven. Bake 40 minutes, until the noodles are tender and the mixture is bubbling. Uncover and, if you wish, bake another 10 minutes, until the top begins to brown. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 356, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 743 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
SPINACH, ARTICHOKE, AND CARROT WHITE LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Slice off the top portion of the garlic head to expose each clove. Place garlic head on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast garlic in the preheated oven until tender and fragrant, about 40 minutes. Cool garlic until easily handled. Remove garlic cloves from the peels.
- Place spinach in a bowl. Pour enough hot water over spinach to cover; set aside until wilted. Drain and squeeze liquid from spinach.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan-Romano cheese blend, egg, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir cream and milk into melted butter until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir Neufchatel cheese into cream mixture until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add roasted garlic cloves, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper; stir well. Stir 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese into cream mixture; cook until cheese sauce is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir egg yolks into cheese sauce until fully incorporated. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the carrots, 1/2 of the artichoke hearts, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 of the alfredo sauce, 4 lasagna noodles, respectively, over the lasagna noodles. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of lasagna noodles topped with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned, about 15 minutes more. Remove lasagna from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.9 calories, Carbohydrate 31.4 g, Cholesterol 145.8 mg, Fat 30.2 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.7 g, Sodium 825.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
Vegan cooking made easy - this Italian bake uses cauliflower and soya milk for a white sauce and canned lentils as filling
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, carrot and celery, and gently cook for 10-15 mins until soft. Add the garlic, cook for a few mins, then stir in the lentils and cornflour.
- Add the tomatoes plus a canful of water, the mushroom ketchup, oregano, stock powder and some seasoning. Simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 10 mins or until tender. Drain, then purée with the soya milk using a hand blender or food processor. Season well and add the nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Spread a third of the lentil mixture over the base of a ceramic baking dish, about 20 x 30cm. Cover with a single layer of lasagne, snapping the sheets to fit. Add another third of the lentil mixture, then spread a third of the cauliflower purée on top, followed by a layer of pasta. Top with the last third of lentils and lasagna, followed by the remaining purée.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35-45 mins, removing the foil for the final 10 mins of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 63 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
BROCCOLI AND CARROT CHICKEN LASAGNA
When hosting a holiday buffet, consider serving this special lasagna. You can make it the night before and chill. Remove it from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking. -Carol Gaus, Itasca, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of sauce into the eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Set aside., In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until juices run clear. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add parsley and pepper., In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer 1/2 cup of the sauce, three noodles, half of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup sauce and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Top with three noodles, the remaining chicken mixture, half of the remaining mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/2 cup sauce. Top with the remaining noodles. Place the remaining mozzarella slices over noodles. Top with remaining sauce; gently lift noodles away from sides of the dish, letting sauce flow underneath. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "carrot lasagne recipes"
CARROT LASAGNA RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
4/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 4Calories 525 per serving
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: CARROT LASAGNE
BROCCOLI AND CARROT LASAGNA PHOTOS RECIPE
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY NO FUSS LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
CARROT WITH LASAGNA - 6 RECIPES - PETITCHEF
SPINACH AND CARROT LASAGNA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CARROT LASAGNA - RECIPES - 2022
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
LASAGNE WITH CARROTS - 12 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CARROT LASAGNA - CSA|365
CARROT LASAGNE RECIPE - LIVEYOURGREENS
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND CARROTS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
BROCCOLI AND CARROT LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LASAGNE DI CARNEVALE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
ZUCCHINI, SPINACH AND CARROT LASAGNA - TASTY MEDITERRANEO
CARROT AND LASAGNE RECIPES (217) - SUPERCOOK
BROCCOLI AND CARROT LASAGNA - VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES
CLASSIC LASAGNA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
AUTHENTIC LASAGNE RECIPE | CARPE DIEM ROME
MEAT AND CARROT LASAGNA RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
EASY VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE - VEGAN HEAVEN
CARROT LASAGNA - BOSS KITCHEN
BROCCOLI AND CARROT LASAGNA | RECIPE | CARROT RECIPES, RECIPES, …
THE ULTIMATE LASAGNE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC LASAGNE RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
LASAGNE DI CARNEVALE | CIAO ITALIA
SPINACH, CARROT, AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
SHREDDED CARROT LASAGNA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BEST LASAGNA - CAFE DELITES
30 BEST CARROT RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
EASY VEGAN LASAGNE RECIPE - BUDGET FRIENDLY VEGAN
TRADITIONAL LASAGNE – RECIPES – NAPOLINA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make carrot lasagna?Add carrots, cook, covered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until carrots are soft, cool slightly, stir in basil. Combine eggs, cream and pepper in bowl, mix well. Cover base of prepared dish with half lasagna sheets, top with half the carrot mixture, half the feta and half the egg mixture.
Is there a vegetarian lasagna with spinach and carrots?Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach and Carrots recipe | Eat Smarter USA The Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach and Carrots recipe out of our category Lasagne! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online.
How to cook lasagna noodles?Directions. Cook the lasagna noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until pliable and barely tender, about 10 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Drain the noodles thoroughly and coat with olive oil to keep them moist and easy to work with. Coat a large skillet with olive oil,...
How long does it take to make a lasagna?Preparation ready in 1 hr 35 min. Ready in Ingredients for 4 servings For the lasagna 400 gramspre-cookedLasagne noodle For the vegetables 800 gramsfreshSpinach 3 carrots 2 garlic cloves 2 smallzucchini salt freshly groundpeppers 3 tablespoonsolive oil 1 handfulBasil For the tomato sauce 500 milliliterstomatoes(puree) 1 smallonion 2 garlic cloves