CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS
- Lightly crush caraway seeds. Place in a large bowl with mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in raisins or dried currants; season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, julienne, grate, or spiralize peeled carrots (you should have 4 packed cups). Toss with vinaigrette and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
CARROT RAISIN SLAW
- 1. Grate the carrots and put in a bowl.
- 2. Dice the celery , onion, and apples and add to the carrots.
- 3. Add raisins and salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- 4. Add mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Stir all together well. Chill.
CARROT RAISIN SALAD
This colorful traditional salad is one of my mother-in-law's favorites. It's fun to eat because of its crunchy texture, and the raisins give it a slightly sweet flavor. Plus, the dish is easy to prepare. -Denise Baumert, Dalhart, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix the first 4 ingredients. Stir in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 76mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CARROT & CARAWAY SLAW
A different way to serve carrots. I love carrots and caraway, this recipe just called my name. It said, hello, you will like me, try me....it was correct. I hope you will enjoy, the caraway lends a sweet, nutty flavor to the beautiful carrot.
Provided by Baby Kato
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Caraways taste best when toasted, so please add the caraway seeds to a dry pan over medium heat, stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the carrots, caraway seeds, vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- This makes a lovely side dish.
- Wash the carrots and peel, if necessary. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots into wide noodle-shaped strips.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, sugar, pineapple, raisins, curry powder, garlic, and celery seed and/or caraway seed, if using. Add the carrots and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour to serve cold.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and vinegar. In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the caraway and mustard seeds until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add to the dressing, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add the green and red cabbage, onion and carrots and mix well, massaging in the dressing to coat the slaw and tenderize the vegetables. Cover and set aside at least 10 to 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Photograph from "Guy on Fire: 130 Recipes for Adventures in Outdoor Cooking"
CARROT RAISIN SALAD
A basic and simple recipe for carrot salad. The pineapple is optional. It tastes great as is but you can always add shredded coconut as well.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Carrot Salad
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine carrots, pineapple with juice, raisins, sugar, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a large bowl; mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving for flavors to meld for best results.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26.8 g, Cholesterol 3.5 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 88 mg
CARROT AND CELERY SLAW WITH YOGURT CARAWAY DRESSING
- In a bowl whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, caraway seeds, and salt and pepper to taste and stir in carrot and celery.
CARROT, YELLOW BEET, AND APPLE SLAW WITH CARAWAY SEED DRESSING
Nutty caraway adds a pop of flavor to this sweet combination of apples, beets, and carrots.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Using the coarse grater disk on a food processor or the largest holes on a box grater, coarsely grate carrots, beets, and apple into a large bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, caraway seeds, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in another large bowl until smooth.
- Add carrots, beets, apple, and kale and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Do Ahead
- Slaw can be made and chilled for up to 8 hours.
BUTTERY CARAWAY CARROTS
- Peel the carrots and trim off the ends. Cut in half lengthways, then cut on the diagonal into slices about ½cm thick. Place the carrots in a steamer basket and steam for 5-7 mins until softened, or place in a heatproof bowl with a little water and microwave on High for 3-5 mins.
- To finish the dish, gently heat the butter in a frying pan. Tip in the caraway seeds and cook for 30 secs until they start sizzling. Add the carrots and stir into the butter until glossy and heated through, about 3 mins. Toss through the parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.11 milligram of sodium
Nothing quite captures the spirit of a cookout like a fine coleslaw. This version elevates the traditional slaw with apples, scallions and watercress. Ready in minutes, it's just as perfect with a bunch of hot dogs on a sweltering summer day as it is paired with your tailgate favorites.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the cut cabbage, apples, scallions and watercress.
- In a small bowl, combine the other ingredients, and whisk well. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the greens, and toss well to combine.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 86, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 185 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
COLESLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS
This recipe substitutes thick, tart sour cream for the usual salty mayonnaise. Caraway seeds add crunch and a hint of licorice while raisins provide a sweet counterpoint. From the Real Simple July 08 magazine.
Provided by xpnsve
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, vinegar, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoons of pepper.
- Add the cabbage, scallions, carrots and raisins. Toss well and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.1, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 19, Sodium 84.1, Carbohydrate 45.5, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 29.8, Protein 6
My carrot slaw is very different from any other summer slaw and is so pretty too! Very simple to make and this is sure to be a hit at picnics as well as a side for steak! It is fine to make this a day ahead to give all the flavors time to blend well.
Provided by Dottie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix cabbage, carrots, cranberries, onion, and parsley in a medium bowl. Toss lightly. Add dressing and lemon juice. Toss, coating well. Cover and refrigerate until flavors blend, 3 hours to overnight. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and blue cheese right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.8 g, Cholesterol 12.7 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 645.4 mg, Sugar 21 g
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, sugar, mustard and celery salt. In a serving bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots and raisins. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 22g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 226mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CARROT SLAW WITH GOLDEN RAISINS
- Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until they are fragrant and a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Lightly crush cumin seeds using a mortar and pestle, or using the flat side of a large knife. Set crushed seeds aside.
- Toss grated carrots, golden raisins, and orange and lemon juices together in a medium bowl. Add oil and crushed cumin seeds; season with salt. Add cayenne, if desired; toss in cilantro.
More about "carrot slaw with caraway and raisins recipes"
CARROT & CARAWAY SLAW - SOBEYS INC.
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsServings 4Calories 80 per serving
CLASSIC COLESLAW WITH RAISINS | RECIPE
CARROT & CARAWAY SLAW - IGA
TANGY CARROT SLAW | KITCHN
CLASSIC CARROT SALAD WITH RAISINS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRUNCHY COLESLAW WITH CAYENNE AND TOASTED CARAWAY …
CARROT AND RAISIN COLESLAW - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
CLASSIC CARROT SALAD (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CARROT & CARAWAY SLAW - SAFEWAY
SOUTHERN CARROT RAISIN SALAD - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
CARROT & CARAWAY SLAW | FOODLAND
CARROT AND KOHLRABI SLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS RECIPE | RECIPE | CARROT …
BEST ALTON BROWN'S CARROT SLAW RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
CARAWAY AND CARROT AND MAYONNAISE RECIPES - SUPERCOOK.COM
CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS RECIPE | RECIPE | CARROT SLAW ...
CARROT RAISIN SALAD - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
CAULIFLOWER AND CARROT SLAW WITH HONEY-CURRY VINAIGRETTE - CTV
CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS RECIPES
CARROT SLAW - ALTON BROWN
CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CARROT SLAW WITH CRANBERRIES, TOASTED WALNUTS & CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
CARROT RAISIN SALAD - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
RAISIN CARROT SLAW RECIPES
CARROT AND CARAWAY SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CARROT SLAW WITH CARAWAY AND RAISINS RECIPE | RECIPE | RAISIN …
CARROT AND RAISIN SLAW WITH CUMIN YOGURT DRESSING
KIELBASA HASH WITH CARROTS AND CARAWAY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love