GLAZED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
I made this recipe for my mother's birthday over 20 years ago. Everyone loved the Brussels sprouts! Then I lost the recipe. Recently as I was going through my mother's recipe cards, I found the copy I made for her. I had forgotten what an attractive dish this is. It is as good as I remember and best of all, it still gets rave reviews!
Provided by Diane
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a rolling boil. Add Brussels sprouts and carrots, bring back to a boil, and cook vegetables until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef consomme, apple juice, cornstarch, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cloves. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold Brussels sprouts and carrots into sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 206.5 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
ROASTED COD WITH CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Put a rimmed baking sheet in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F. Toss the Brussels sprouts, carrots, red onions, bacon, thyme leaves, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Spread on the hot baking sheet and roast until the vegetables are tender and start browning around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Season the cod all over with salt and pepper and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange the cod fillets about 2 inches apart on top of the vegetables and top each with a thyme sprig. Roast until the fish is just cooked through and the Brussels sprouts are browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs. Sprinkle the cod and vegetables with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS
- Whisk 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the juice of 1/2 lime, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Toss with 1 pound quartered Brussels sprouts and 1/2 pound sliced carrots on a baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F until tender, about 25 minutes. Toss with the juice of 1/2 lime, and salt and chopped mint to taste.
CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Provided by Ian Knauer
Categories Vegetable Side Thanksgiving Vegetarian Quick & Easy Low Cal High Fiber Low Sodium Vinegar Carrot Fall Winter Healthy Brussels Sprout Gourmet Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook shallot in 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add carrots, Brussels sprouts, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water and cover skillet, then cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in vinegar, remaining tablespoon butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
SPICY BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS
A teacher friend, who knew I liked to try different dishes, shared this recipe with me. Guests always rave about the unique flavor of this casserole.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. , In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, onion, salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid; mix well. Add the sprouts and carrot; toss to coat., Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 486mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BUTTERY CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain., In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, zest, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 88mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS
Note use the smallest Brussels sprouts you can find preferable fresh from the stalk. Posting this recipe for me to work with and modify mainly. The original was from fooddownunder.com.
Provided by drhousespcatcher
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pam a skillet.
- Cook the onions and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until softened.
- Add the sprouts, carrot, thyme and water to this and cook until water has evaporated.
- Then add the bell pepper, salt, and pepper, and saute an additional minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.7, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 39.5, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 6.6, Protein 4
BUTTERY CARROTS AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Although the original of this recipe was found in the 2009 Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, this vegetable dish can be made anytime of the year!
Provided by Sydney Mike
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the carrots and Brussel sprouts in boiling water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter; add ginger and cook for 2 minutes before adding lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and lemon pepper.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and serve.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARROTS
- Bring enough water to a boil to cover the sprouts and carrots when they are added.
- Meanwhile, trim off and discard the base of each sprout. Trim and scrape the carrots. Add sprouts and carrots to the water and salt to taste. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and saute the shallots briefly. Add sprouts and carrots, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper and cook briefly. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 82, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 286 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "carrots and brussels sprouts recipes"
ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND CARROTS
SAUTEED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - DELICIOUS MEETS …
SWEET & SAVORY ROASTED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
10 BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS | SO DELICIOUS
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 6
- Wash brussels sprouts; remove discolored leaves. Trim ends, and cut in half lengthwise. Cut larger pieces of carrot in half lengthwise, if desired.
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large roasting pan. Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables, and toss well. Cover and bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Uncover, and roast 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and well browned, stirring twice.
VEGAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS (WITH PARMESAN CHEESE)
10 BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND CARROTS - BITS AND BITES
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - ALENA MENKO
BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - DAMN DELICIOUS
SHEET PAN ROASTED CARROTS, BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND POTATOES
GARLIC BROWN BUTTER ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS
AMAZING ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND CARROTS - SCRUMMY LANE
HONEY ROASTED BABY CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - HEALTHIER STEPS
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS | MARCELLINA IN CUCINA
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - NIBBLE AND DINE
ROASTED CARROTS, PARSNIPS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS - SIMS HOME KITCHEN
HONEY ROASTED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - KATIE'S CUCINA
BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - READY IN 20 MINUTES - SULA AND SPICE
ROASTED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS - BITE ON THE SIDE
SAUTéED GARLIC BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND CARROTS - JOYOUS APRON
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - THE CULINARY COMPASS
ROASTED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS - FORK IN THE ROAD
MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS AND ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE - LAUREN ...
MAPLE ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - THE RECIPE WELL
ROASTED BEETS, CARROTS, AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS | HEALTHY RECIPES
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS | EASY HEALTHY-ISH RECIPES
RECIPE: BRUSSELS SPROUTS AU GRATIN (SEALTEST, 1940) - RECIPELINK.COM
ROASTED CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS - THE TRAVELING SPICE
AIR FRYER ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - HEALTHIER STEPS
BROWN SUGAR BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND CARROTS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND CARROTS - EAT. DRINK. LOVE.
You'll also love