BLINI WITH CAVIAR
These traditional Russian pancakes are best with authentic garnishes: a dab of creme fraiche and a spoonful of caviar.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers
Yield Makes about 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle yeast over water. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir together flour and 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt. Stir together buttermilk, butter, sugar, and egg yolks in a large bowl; whisk in yeast mixture, then flour mixture. Let stand, covered, in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, and coat with a thin layer of butter. Add a scant tablespoon batter for each blin (about 6 or 7 per skillet), and cook, flipping after bubbles appear at edges and color turns golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a parchment-lined tray, andlet cool for 30 minutes. Garnish with creme fraiche and caviar.
CAVIAR AND BLINIS
Provided by Victoria Granof
Categories Milk/Cream Fish Cocktail Party Valentine's Day Oscars New Year's Eve Winter Pan-Fry Chive Whole Wheat Cookie
Yield Makes 24 pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Combine the pancake mix with the salt, egg, butter or oil, and milk or water.
- 2. Lightly brush another tablespoon of melted butter onto a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. When the skillet is hot, spoon the batter into it a tablespoon at a time.
- 4. Cook the blinis until tiny bubbles appear, about 1 minute, then flip them and fry until golden brown on each side.
- 5. Transfer the blinis to a platter and serve warm with the caviar, crème fraîche, chives, and smoked salmon and onion (if desired).
HIZIKI CAVIAR WITH CORNMEAL BLINI
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 1/2 cups of hiziki caviar
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Place hiziki in a bowl and rinse once with lukewarm water. Cover with apple juice, shoyu, water, and soak 30 minutes. Heat sesame oil in a skillet. Add the onion and then garlic; add sea salt and saute for 5 minutes. Add hiziki and soaking liquid, cover and cook 10 minutes. Grate ginger and add it to the skillet along with the lemon juice. Cook the mixture covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Allow hiziki mixture to cool slightly and pulse in food processor for a few seconds. Serve chilled but not icy cold.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl beat together corn oil, maple syrup, soymilk, water and vinegar. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir in parsley. Heat a skillet and add a 1/2 teaspoon corn oil. Drop batter by scant tablespoons onto heated skillet. Carefully turn blini after about a minute. Lower heat and flip blini to cook only about 45 seconds on that side.
- To serve blini with hiziki caviar: Place a teaspoon of caviar on top of each blini and garnish with chives or parsley.
CAVIAR AND SALMON BLINI TORTES
Provided by Lillian Chou
Categories Egg Fish New Year's Eve Salmon Winter Sour Cream Whole Wheat Gourmet
Yield Makes 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make egg salad:
- Stir together all ingredients and a pinch of salt.
- Make blini:
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. Add milk and yolk and whisk until smooth. 3Beat egg white with a clean whisk in another bowl until it just holds soft peaks. Fold into batter along with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with some of remaining melted butter, then heat over medium heat until hot. Working in batches of 6 or 7, drop 1 level tablespoon batter per pancake into skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Flip over and cook 1 minute more. Brush blini on both sides with some of remaining melted butter, then transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered with foil. Brush skillet with butter between batches.
- Fill tortes:
- Drape smoked salmon on 6 blini and top with egg salad. Spoon caviar onto 6 more blini, then stack on egg-salad-topped blini.
EASY BLINI (RUSSIAN PANCAKE)
I love these bite-sized pancakes because they make perfect appetizers. Top blini with smoked salmon, creme fraiche, or even caviar. Add a sprig of dill and they are sure to impress. My children also love eating these plain too!
Provided by Happykat
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Crepes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon melted butter together in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until batter is fully combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto the heated skillet. Cook until bubbles form, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until brown, about 1 minute more. Lay on plate lined with a paper towel to help soak up excess butter. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.7 g, Cholesterol 44 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 358.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
BUCKWHEAT BLINI WITH CAVIAR
The holidays present a number of opportunities to splurge, and New Year's Eve is the ultimate night for it. Though it may seem a cliché, the classic combination of blini and caviar is the perfect example - indulgent, elegant and delectable to the extreme. If you are hosting a small crowd for drinks (preferably Champagne or vodka with these), it's all you need to serve, though it also can be a sit-down first course. Preparation is simple: the blini are topped with a dab of crème fraîche, a spoonful of caviar and a drizzle of butter.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories lunch, main course
Yield About 60 3-inch blini, 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup milk. Stir in 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and let stand until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining all-purpose flour, the buckwheat flour and salt. Add 2 cups milk to the yeast mixture and gradually whisk in flour-salt mixture until you have a smooth, thick batter. Whisk in melted butter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Leave at room temperature and let batter slowly double in size, about 2 to 3 hours. (The batter may remain at room temperature even longer if necessary.) You may also mix batter and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before proceeding with recipe.
- When you are ready to cook blini, stir down batter, which will have become quite frothy. Beat egg yolks and whisk into batter. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spoon batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle, using a large soup spoon to make blini that are 3 inches in diameter. Cook for about 2 minutes, until bottom is well browned. Flip and cook 1 minute more. (Wait until surface is covered in bubbles before flipping.) Keep warm in a low oven. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche, a drizzle of butter, a generous spoonful of caviar and a sprinkling of chives.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 267, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 164 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR
There's no more festive or luxurious party snack than buckwheat blinis with caviar and smoked salmon, but with chef Jenn Louis's recipe, they're easy to make at home.
Provided by Jenn Louis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place milk and 3 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Stir over low heat just until butter melts. Meanwhile, whisk together both flours, sugar, salt, and yeast in a medium bowl. Pour warm milk mixture into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature until doubled in volume, 1½-1¾ hours.
- After resting, batter will be bubbly and lofty. Whisk to deflate; then stir in beaten eggs just to incorporate-the texture should be silky. Meanwhile, set a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. Working in batches, pour 2 tablespoons batter for each blini onto skillet, spacing apart. Cook until bubbles form on top and they begin to pop, about 1½ minutes. Turn blinis; cook until golden brown on bottom, another 1½ minutes (add more butter to the pan as you need it). Transfer blinis to a serving platter. Tent with foil to keep warm while you cook remaining blinis. Makes approximately 12 blinis.
- Assembly: Serve blinis with a dollop of crème fraîche, smoked salmon, and caviar-the more the better!
RUSSIAN BLINIS WITH CAVIAR
Provided by Moira Hodgson
Yield 6 - 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Scald the milk and set aside.
- Dissolve the yeast in one-fourth cup warm water.
- Sift the white flour into a bowl, add the buckwheat flour, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks until thick. When the milk has cooled to lukewarm, add the yolks and three tablespoons of the melted butter. Add the yeast. Mix well and pour into the flour. Mix thoroughly, removing any lumps. Set aside in a warm place lightly covered with a towel for about two hours, or until doubled in bulk.
- Whip the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks and fold them into the batter.
- Lightly butter a small frying pan. Pour in just enough of the pancake mixture to coat the bottom of the pan. When the mixture begins to bubble, turn the pancake over and cook lightly on the other side. Wrap the pancakes in a napkin and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the others. Serve in a pile, wrapped in a napkin.
- Serve the caviar, the sour cream and the remaining melted butter in small bowls on the table. Each person puts a pancake on a plate, butters it, adds sour cream and caviar, and rolls it like a crepe.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 454, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 456 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "caviar and blinis recipes"
BLINI WITH CAVIAR RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Canapé
BLINI WITH CAVIAR RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
YEASTED BLINI RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
POTATO BLINI WITH SOUR CREAM AND CAVIAR RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLINI WITH RED CAVIAR | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SMOKED SALMON BLINIS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
BUCKWHEAT BLINIS RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
HOUSE MADE BLINIS, HAUTE CAVIAR FOR MOTHERS DAY
BEST BLINI WITH PICKLED BEET CAVIAR RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE BLINI | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PETROSSIAN CAVIAR AND BLINIS - A CLASSIC AND LUXURIOUS TREAT
BLINI WITH CAVIAR RECIPE | IMPERIA CAVIAR
BELUGA LENTIL CAVIAR ON BUCKWHEAT BLINIS - ALIVE MAGAZINE
MINI BLINI NAPOLEONS RECIPE - BOB SPIEGEL | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE A CAVIAR AND BLINI BAR, THE MOST BALLER WAY TO …
BLINIS (BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES) WITH SOUR CREAM AND CAVIAR
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
COCKTAIL BLINI (FOR CAVIAR AND MORE!) - 40 APRONS
CAVIAR & DILL SOUR CREAM BLINI | CANADIAN LIVING
BLINI WITH CAVIAR RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CAVIAR WITH BLINIS | WEGMANS
CAVIAR WITH BLINIS | SAVEUR
CAVIAR WITH CREME-FRAICHE BLINI RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
BLINI RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BLINIS | RICARDO
BLINI WITH CAVIAR AND CREME FRAICHE - THE FOOD CHANNEL
OSSETRA CAVIAR WITH BUCKWHEAT AND BUTTERMILK BLINIS RECIPE - LOS ...
CAVIAR RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR BLINIS | SNACK RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
CORNMEAL BLINIS WITH CAVIAR RECIPE BY ABBY MANDEL
NYE REDUX: VEGAN BLINIS WITH CRèME FRAîCHE + CAVIAR FROM CANDLE …
BASIL BLINI WITH SALMON CAVIAR RECIPE - TIM MCKEE | FOOD & WINE
CHIVE BLINIS WITH CAVIAR AND SOURED CREAM RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HOW TO MAKE BLINI AT HOME - SERIOUS EATS
BLINI RECIPES - BBC FOOD
POTATO BLINIS WITH CAVIAR - FOOD CHANNEL
RUSSIAN BLINI WITH CAVIAR - TATYANAS EVERYDAY FOOD
WHOLE WHEAT BLINIS WITH AMERICAN CAVIAR RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BRILLIANT BLINIS WITH SWEET AND SAVOURY TOPPINGS - FOOD TO GLOW
BLINIS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR RECIPE - TODAY.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love