HEARTY CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER
"This is a family favorite for cold blustery days," writes Rebecca McCabe from Ekalaka, Montana. "It's very filling and an easy meal when served with corn bread or biscuits."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add potatoes, water, celery, bouillon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender., In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining milk; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 696mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
- In a saute pan brown the ground beef. Drain and set aside. In same saute pan saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic, carrots, basil and parsley. Saute about 3 minutes. Add broth and beef and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Meanwhile melt remaining butter in a small skillet. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring constantly, cooking and stirring for 6 to 8 minutes. Gradually stir the sauce into the soup. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue to stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream. Garnish each serving with chopped fresh tomatoes and dill pickle slices.
A delicious and hearty winter meal. You can easily cut this in half for a smaller portion. This size provides the three of us with 2 dinners and a lunch.
Provided by Beth.B
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown ground beef in large pot. Drain off grease. Add potatos, onions, peppers, celery, salt and bouillon cubes. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Whisk flour into milk and slowly pour into pot with meat and vegetables. Stir until soup is thickened slightly. Mix in cheese and stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.6, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 75.5, Sodium 424, Carbohydrate 20.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 1.6, Protein 22.3
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add diced potatoes and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix milk, processed cheese food, and Cheddar cheese into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until heated through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes; season with pepper. Add mashed potatoes for a thicker chowder; cook until heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.6 g, Cholesterol 116.7 mg, Fat 34.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 912.1 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER WITH SAUSAGE
- Combine beef, sausage, and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off grease and transfer to a large pot.
- Stir broth, potatoes, carrots, garlic, parsley, basil, salt, and black pepper into the beef mixture. Simmer over low heat, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix milk and flour together in a small bowl. Pour into the pot. Bring back up to a simmer until chowder flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir processed cheese and sour cream into chowder when it is no longer boiling, to prevent curdling. Ladle into serving bowls and top each serving with some diced tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Cholesterol 87.2 mg, Fat 28.6 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 1767.5 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER FROM "COOKING LIVE"
This thick and hearty chowder comes from Sara Moulton's old Food Network show "Cooking Live." Perfect fare for a cold winter night!
Provided by yooper
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a saute pan brown the ground beef.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same saute pan saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Add garlic, carrots, basil and parsley.
- Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and beef and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter in a small skillet.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring constantly, cooking and stirring for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Gradually stir the sauce into the soup.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Continue to stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
- Garnish each serving with chopped fresh tomatoes and dill pickle slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.4, Fat 29.7, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 87.7, Sodium 1392.2, Carbohydrate 28.8, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 6.4, Protein 24
Dinner ready in 20 minutes! Enjoy this cheesy ground beef chowder made using Progresso® Potato Soup - a delightful meal!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add soup and milk; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese spread; cook and stir until cheese spread is melted. Top individual servings with shredded cheese, tomato and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fat 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 810 mg
The taste of a good bacon cheeseburger is hard to beat until you try this cheeseburger chowder! It's hearty, convenient and family-friendly. -Kristin Stone, Little Elm, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Add garlic to beef mixture; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended., Gradually stir in milk. Add potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender., Add cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle servings with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 27g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 1047mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
Thick, creamy and hearty, chowder has a built-in fan club. And that club gets even bigger when you add all the tasty things that make a cheeseburger!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, about 1 cup chowder and 5 crackers each.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brown meat with onions in large saucepan; drain.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 2 min. Add broth and tomatoes; cook on medium-low heat 5 min. or until heated through. Stir in VELVEETA; cook and stir 8 to 10 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and soup is heated through.
- Spoon into soup bowls; top with relish. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 1060 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 18 g
More about "cheeseburger chowder recipes"
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main CoursePublished 2022-04-10
25 CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPES - HOME STRATOSPHERE
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER || GLUTEN FREE, EASY, ONE POT
COZY CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - FOOD GARDENING NETWORK
SLOW COOKER CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - WHAT'S FOR DINNER MOMS?
KETO CHEESEBURGER SOUP (THICK & CREAMY!) - KETO COOKING WINS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - MEG'S EVERYDAY INDULGENCE
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE FROM BARSTOW’S LONGVIEW …
BACON CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER – THE HUNGRY HUNGRY HIKER
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - LIBBY'S VEGETABLES
AWARD WINNING CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE …
SLOW COOKER BACON CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER | COOKING MAMAS
INSTANT POT CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - AMERICAN RECIPES
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER | ALLY'S SWEET & SAVORY EATS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE WITH BEEF - THEFOODXP
BACON CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
THICK CROCK POT CHEESEBURGER SOUP - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPE
CHEESEBURGER & FRIES CHOWDER | A BEEF & POTATO SOUP RECIPE
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - SIMPLY STACIE
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - BIGOVEN
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE FOR STOVETOP OR CROCK POT
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - HOMEMADE ON A WEEKNIGHT
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE | MAGNOLIA DAYS
BEST CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - CHOWDERS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BACON CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - BASILMOMMA
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE WITH BEEF - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPE (CHEESY GROUND BEEF SOUP)
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #soups-stews #beef #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #inexpensive #meat #3-steps-or-less
Cheeseburger Chowder512 views-10:00
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup | Soup Recipe | Allrecipes.com21K views-04:11
Cheeseburger Chowder657 views-13:40
The Greatest Recipe for Soup Season | Cheeseburger Chowder20K views-05:38
Creamy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe (My New Fav!)126K views-03:47
3 Fall Soup Recipes 2020 | Cheeseburger Soup | Easy Potato Soup | Corn Chowder | Fall Recipes871 views-12:49
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is cheeseburger chowder?A recipe for cheeseburger chowder, an easy and hearty dish made with ground beef, potatoes, and cheddar cheese. It is full of classic cheeseburger and fries flavors. Brown the ground beef in a 3- or 4-quart saucepan, breaking up with a spoon while browning. Once browned, drain beef using a colander or strainer.
What's the best way to cook bacon cheeseburger chowder?The taste of a good bacon cheeseburger is hard to beat until you try this cheeseburger chowder! It's hearty, convenient and family-friendly. —Kristin Stone, Little Elm, Texas In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking beef into crumbles; drain.
How to cook cheeseburger soup?Cheeseburger Soup. In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender. Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
How do you make chowder with processed food?Mix milk, processed cheese food, and Cheddar cheese into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until heated through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes; season with pepper. Add mashed potatoes for a thicker chowder; cook until heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.