CHICKEN PEPPER FAJITAS
"This spicy entree is fun to serve sizzling at the table, just like they do in restaurants," relates Lucinda Price. The Tracy, California cook fills her light fajitas with green and red peppers, onions and chicken that's quickly marinated for a flavor boost.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally., Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Add chicken and reserved marinade to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve on tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 96mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS
Simple, healthy dinner that's sure to please everyone's taste buds. A favorite at our Mexican nights in college! Serve on tortillas with desired garnishes (cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, guacamole).
Provided by LLIGETT
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and basil in a large bowl. Add chicken strips; stir to coat with garlic powder mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.6 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Cholesterol 40.4 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 48.6 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
The bell peppers in this dish work to keep your skin looking great. Their vitamin C helps build firming collagen and fends off damaging free radicals.
Provided by Georgia Downard
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, toss chicken with garlic, juice, 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder and cumin; marinate 20 minutes. Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray; add chicken with marinade, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes with chiles, salt, black pepper and remaining 1 tsp oil; toss to combine. Roast, stirring once, until chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes. Wrap tortillas in foil; heat in oven during last 10 minutes of roasting time. Stir 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoonscilantro into chicken mixture; divide evenly among tortillas, along with remaining 2 tablespoons salsa, yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Garnish with radish slices and lime wedges, if desired.
TEX-MEX CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
An easy Tex-Mex flavored rub seasons chicken before grilling. Charred peppers and onions accompany the chicken in these delicious fajitas.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the Tex-Mex chili rub: Mix together the paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Toss the chicken in a container with the olive oil and lime juice, then rub with the spice mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours before cooking.
- For the peppers and onions: Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until hot. Toss the peppers and onions in a bowl with the olive oil, lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pepper-onion mixture to the hot pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the edges are charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with oil.
- Grill the chicken breasts until marked and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Serve with the warm tortillas and toppings.
CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS
- Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/2 inch. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper in large glass baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave tortillas in oven.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and sauté until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and tent with foil to keep warm. Do not clean skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Cut chicken into 1-inch-wide strips. Combine with vegetables. Divide vegetable and chicken mixture among plates. Serve passing tortillas, Chipotle Pico de Gallo and sour cream separately.
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH LIME, GARLIC AND BELL PEPPERS
WW friendly. A family favorite especially when atoning for excesses. This is so tasty, yet so healthy, even when each adult eats two large burritos. I adapted this from a recipe on a plastic produce bag at a Mars Supermarket.
Provided by KateL
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 burritos, 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- MARINATE CHICKEN FOR 30 MINUTES.
- Mix lime juice and minced garlic in 2-quart Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken strips to marinade bag. Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator, turning periodically to distribute marinade.
- Heat olive oil in heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in chicken and marinade sauce. Stirfry for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Drain excess liquid from skillet, if necessary.
- Add bell pepper strips and remaining garlic to frying pan and stirfry for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle bell pepper and garlic with cumin, salt and ground red pepper.
- Add chicken back to frying pan and stirfry 1-2 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE BURRITOS.
- Spread 1 teaspoon sour cream (optional) on one side of each tortilla. Spoon stirfry mixture evenly over sour cream.
- Fold bottom of tortilla and roll up sides.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
- Serves 2 hearty appetites, or 4 dainty portions.
CHICKEN AND PEPPER FAJITAS
Garlic, lime juice, cumin, and salt make the perfect marinade for chicken. Once the protein is cooked through and the peppers and onion are tender, serve in a tortilla with your desired accompaniments-we love cilantro, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, lime juice, cumin, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper; add chicken, and turn to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate; wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet. Add peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Thinly slice chicken; serve with cooked vegetables and desired accompaniments, letting guests assemble their own fajitas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 g, Fat 24 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 48 g
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH GRILLED PEPPERS AND ONIONS
These are delicious fajitas that are cooked on the grill rather than on the stove top which we enjoyed. This recipe is very easy to change the amount of servings. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2005)
Provided by ellie_
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Prepare barbecue.
- Puree first 5 ingredients (cilantro - chili powder) in blender (or food processor).
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish and pour 1/3 of marinade over chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- Arrange vegetables (chilies - onions) on a rimmed grilling pan or baking pan, pour 1/3 of marinade over vegetables. Season chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill chicken until cooked through (7 -10 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken). Grill vegetables until tender, turning often (about 15 minutes). Grill tortillas until charred (1 minute per side).
- Transfer chicken to work surface and slice cross wise into strips.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables and drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1641.7, Fat 80.9, SaturatedFat 16.3, Cholesterol 286, Sodium 1338.4, Carbohydrate 106.9, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 10.8, Protein 118.4
More about "chicken and bell pepper fajitas recipes"
CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS RECIPE | BELL WELLNESS …
NEW MEXICAN CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH BELL PEPPER AND ONION
SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS | WITH TWO …
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - SOUTHERN KISSED
CHICKEN FAJITAS | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil with the garlic, salt, chile powder, ground cumin, paprika, sugar and fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the onion and bell pepper and cook with the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the spice mixture and cook for another 2 minutes or until everything is well combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortillas and optional toppings.
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH ORGANIC PURPLE BELL PEPPERS
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS (30 MINUTE) - GIMME DELICIOUS
OUR 10 BEST CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPES FOR EASY FAMILY DINNERS
20 MINUTE CHICKEN FAJITAS (ONE SKILLET!) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
25 EASY BELL PEPPER RECIPES - BEST BELL PEPPER RECIPES
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH GRILLED PEPPERS AND ONIONS
EASY CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE WITH ONION, PEPPERS AND TEX MEX …
PEPPER, MUSHROOM & CHICKEN FAJITAS | FOOD BASICS
CHEESY CHICKEN & PEPPER FAJITAS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CHICKEN FAJITAS (EASY & FLAVORFUL) | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
CHICKEN-AND-SWEET PEPPER FAJITAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
ABUELO'S CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT RESTAURANT RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE, WITH BELL PEPPERS AND ONIONS
CHICKEN FAJITAS - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
CHICKEN AND PEPPER FAJITAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
FLORIDA CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS : FRESH FROM FLORIDA
SIMPLE GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITAS | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE – SPOONFEDCRED.COM
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN FAJITA CASSEROLE - AMANDA COOKS & STYLES
EASY 30-MINUTE CHICKEN FAJITAS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH BELL PEPPERS, ONIONS, AND TACO ... - CTV
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH PEPPERS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN AND BELL PEPPER FAJITAS | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS | MY GINGER GARLIC KITCHEN
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
CHICKEN AND PEPPER FAJITAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN FAJITAS - PREPPY KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make chicken fajitas?Skillet chicken fajitas are so easy to make, and their seasoning is amazing. Simply pan fry peppers and onions, then cook the chicken, mix and serve! In a small bowl, mix together the seasoning ingredients. You can divide each of them in half and mix them in two different bowls, as I do in the video below.
How do you cook chicken and peppers in a pan?Heat olive oil in heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken and marinade sauce. Stirfry for 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken to plate and keep warm. Drain excess liquid from skillet, if necessary. Add bell pepper strips and remaining garlic to frying pan and stirfry for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
How to cook chicken and peppers for chicken stir fry?Directions Mix garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and basil in a large bowl. Add chicken strips; stir to coat with garlic powder mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
How do you cook a whole bell pepper?Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers, the onions, and half the seasoning mix.