SESAME CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS
Skip the take-out and make your own version of this popular sweet-and-savory Chinese-American dish. We've lightened our version up by giving the chicken a quick marinade in soy and honey instead of coating and deep-frying it as most restaurants do. Steamed snow peas and brown rice round out the meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Whisk 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and the honey together in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, toss and marinate 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade using a slotted spoon. Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in 2 batches, turning once or twice, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes (add 2 more teaspoons canola oil between batches). Transfer the chicken to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons canola oil in the skillet. Add the scallions, reserving some of the green parts for topping. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Whisk the broth, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, chili paste and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a bowl; add to the skillet and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the snow peas in a steamer basket set over a few inches of boiling water until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with the sauce and heat through. Serve the chicken and snow peas over brown rice, if desired. Top with the sesame seeds and reserved scallion greens.
SNOW PEAS AND CHICKEN
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the sherry and 3 teaspoons of the cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine soy sauce, remaining sherry,remaining cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy cast iron frypan or wok, heat oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan, stir well,add onions, snow peas and water.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir quickly over high heat until hot.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.5, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 65.8, Sodium 382.2, Carbohydrate 17, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 6.3, Protein 29.1
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS
- Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger together in a small bowl; reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Cook and stir chicken and garlic in the oil until chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, water chestnuts, and reserved chicken broth mixture. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir snow peas into the pan and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.3 g, Cholesterol 92.2 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 37.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 540.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS STIR-FRY
Edible pea pods are a delicious crunchy and tender vegetable great for a side or even a main dish and this easy-to-make chicken with snow peas stir-fry is no exception!
Provided by Bill
Categories Chicken and Poultry
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix the cornstarch, light soy sauce, and oil in a bowl for the marinade. And add toss in the chicken. Set aside. Mix 1/3 cup of hot water or chicken stock with cornstarch into a slurry and set aside. If you like more sauce for the rice, increase your hot water/stock and add more salt or soy sauce to taste.
- Heat the wok over high heat until smoking, add a tablespoon of oil to coat the wok and spread the chicken around evenly. Let the chicken sear (don't move the pieces) for about 60 seconds until browned on one side. If the wok is heated properly, the chicken should not stick. Next, give the chicken a quick stir and add the minced garlic and snow peas. Add the shaoxing wine around the rim of the wok to deglaze and stir everything together using a bottom to top folding motion for about 30 seconds.
- Movement is important for the snow peas to cook evenly. The pods should be just starting to turn bright green now. Working quickly, add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir to combine, about 15 seconds.
- Stir up your slurry mix (the water and starch has probably separated by now) and add to the wok. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds, or until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. All of the pea pods should be bright green by now. Don't overcook or you precious pea pods will become limp and turn yellow!
- Plate and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Sodium 807 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS
- Remove all visible fat from chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Marinate in cornstarch, one teaspoon soy sauce and sherry.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Remove stems from pea pods.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add snow peas and stir fry until covered with oil.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cover and cook about 30 seconds until jade green.
- Remove and drain.
- Stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir fry for one additional minute.
- Add back snow peas and toss to heat.
- Make well in center of wok or skillet and add sauce mixture.
- Stir until it starts to thicken, then mix in chicken and vegetables.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.6, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 73.5, Sodium 439.6, Carbohydrate 53.9, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 5.7, Protein 32.5
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA FRIED RICE WITH PEANUTS
Add chopped salted peanuts to bring great texture to this fried rice with chicken thighs.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat and then swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil begins to smoke, add the egg and swirl the skillet to make a flat egg pancake that's only half set, about 10 seconds. Scoop onto a plate with a large, perforated spoon or spatula.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, then add the snow peas, ginger, soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to break up any clumps, and spread it out evenly in the skillet. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Return the egg, chicken and any juices to the skillet and cook, stirring and breaking up the egg to mix it in thoroughly, about 1 minute. Season with additional salt if needed. Add the peanuts and scallions and serve.
APRICOT CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 258mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA SALAD
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, ginger, lime rind, salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the snow peas, chicken, onion and water chestnuts.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.7 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 22.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 263.1 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
ORANGE CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS AND CARROTS (COOKING FOR 2)
If you've only had your local Chinese restaurant's version of orange chicken, you're in for a treat. This lighter, brighter take on a classic is so good, you won't be calling for takeout again.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In medium bowl, toss chicken pieces and soy sauce.
- In small bowl, beat orange juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch with whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic, gingerroot, orange peel and pepper flakes; stir-fry about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add broth, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, the vinegar and sugar; stir about 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Stir orange juice mixture, then add it to skillet. Heat sauce to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Transfer sauce to bowl; wipe out skillet.
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with paper towels.
- Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in shallow bowl. Toss chicken in cornstarch, coating evenly and gently knocking off any excess; transfer to plate.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Carefully add coated chicken to hot oil, spacing pieces apart from each other. Fry chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turning once or twice, until deep golden. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to paper towel-lined cookie sheet.
- In same skillet used for sauce, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add snow peas and carrots; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are just tender. Add chicken and reserved sauce; stir until heated through and thoroughly coated in sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 780 mg, Sugar 21 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "chicken and snow peas recipes"
EASY LEMON CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
PEAS AND CARROTS NUTRITION : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HEALTHY SAUTéED CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE
SPICY CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA SKILLET RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CASHEW CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH SNOW PEAS - KAWALING PINOY
HEALTHY SAUTéED CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA STIR-FRY - NOBLE PIG
CHICKEN, PEACH AND SNOW PEA STIR-FRY | FOODLAND ONTARIO
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LEMONY CHICKEN & SNOW PEAS RECIPE - EASY SPRING DINNER IDEAS
SPICY CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS RECIPE - UNDER 500 CALORIES
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE
CASHEW CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS - EVERYDAY READING
CHINESE CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS MANGETOUT RECIPE
RECIPE: CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS – MAB MADE FOOD
EASY GINGER CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE - LIVING WELL MOM
SESAME CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS – AFFORDABLE NUTRITIOUS RECIPES
SWEET & STICKY CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS RECIPE
CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND SNOW PEAS - DELICIOUS DECISIONS
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN SALAD WITH RICE, ORANGE, AND SNOW PEAS
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN & SNOW PEA STIR-FRY RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CROCKPOT GINGER CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS - THE FAMILY FREEZER
CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS - HEALTH BY JAN
HOW TO COOK SNOW PEAS - COOKING TOM
CHICKEN SNOW PEAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHICKEN TORTELLINI WITH SNOW PEAS - EAT AT HOME
HOMEMADE CHINESE CHICKEN WITH SNOW PEAS - EAT LIKE NO ONE ELSE
BEST CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TAKEOUT STYLE CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SWEET RED PEPPERS AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE
SPICY CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST SPICY STIR-FRIED CHICKEN AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE - HOW TO …
EASY SESAME CHICKEN AND SNOW PEA STIR FRY - THE DEFINED DISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and snow peas in a pan?Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger together in a small bowl; reserve. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Cook and stir chicken and garlic in the oil until chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir snow peas into the pan and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
What are some good recipes to make with snow peas?Remove all visible fat from chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Marinate in cornstarch, one teaspoon soy sauce and sherry. Slice mushrooms. Remove stems from pea pods. Heat oil in wok. Add snow peas and stir fry until covered with oil. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook about 30 seconds until jade green. Remove and drain.
How long does it take to cook snow peas in sauce?Stir in mushrooms, water chestnuts, and reserved chicken broth mixture. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir snow peas into the pan and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
How to cook snow peas and mushrooms?Heat oil in wok. Add snow peas and stir fry until covered with oil. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook about 30 seconds until jade green. Remove and drain. Stir fry chicken until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir fry for one additional minute. Add back snow peas and toss to heat.