CRISPY, CREAMY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE BY TASTY
There's nothing we love more than a crispy, succulent, perfectly-fried piece of fried chicken. But we also love gourmet meals. You know, the ones that you sit down to in the candlelight? Those ones. Well, our easy chicken Cordon Bleu is the best of both worlds: sounds fancy but really? It's just some really, really good fried chicken. That, we can promise.
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, tossing to coat evenly.
- On a cutting board, place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about ½ inch (1 cm) thick with a meat mallet, rolling pin, or heavy pan.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place 2 slices of Swiss cheese, then 2 slices of ham, then another layer of Swiss cheese, and another layer of ham. Evenly roll the chicken and place onto a new sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the chicken in the plastic wrap tightly and use the excess plastic on the sides to twist, firming up the roll of chicken cordon bleu as you work. Tie the excess plastic. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, then chill the rolls in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a tall-sided pan with 2 inches (5 cm) of oil to 325°F (170°C).
- After the rolls are set, prepare 2 separate large, wide dishes with the flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs. Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then the egg, and then bread crumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken cordon bleu in the oil and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the outside is an even golden brown. If a good color is achieved and the chicken's center is still not 165°F (75°C), place the chicken cordon bleu on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and finish the chicken in the oven at 325°F (170°C) until that temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the garlic until soft. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and whisk until fully combined with the roux and no lumps remain. Continue whisking until the mixture comes to a simmer and has thickened.
- Add the mustard, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice the chicken and serve drizzled with Dijon sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 754 calories, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 64 grams, Sugar 7 grams
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 123.6 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 46.1 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 931.6 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU PIZZA
Two things that taste great together! This recipe is a great appetizer; you may have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now! It's easy, colorful and tasty!
Provided by alligirl
Yield 1 pizza, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Grill or bake chicken breasts, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Time is approximately 20 minutes, depending on breast size.
- Allow to cool, then chop chicken in a very large dice. Set aside. (Chicken may be cooked alongside pineapple, just for longer!).
- Mix pineapple and honey; broil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Drop oven temperature to 375º.
- Roll out crescent dough into rectangle; pinch seams to seal and form an edge.
- Bake crust for 6 minutes; remove.
- Remove 4 cheese wedges from foil and spread on crust, using an offset spatula.
- Top cheese-spread crust with chicken, ham and pineapple.
- Remove foil from remaining cheese wedges and crumble over other ingredients.
- Cook at 375º for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; slice into squares or strips.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
For a weeknight standby, get Tyler Florence's Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, a breaded cutlet wrapped around salty prosciutto and nutty Gruyï¿½re, from Food Network.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of plastic and lay 2 slices of prosciutto neatly over the top to cover the breast and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the prosciutto. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll inside the plastic wrap. Squeeze the log gently to seal and twist both ends tight to form a nice log. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper. Mix the bread crumbs with thyme, garlic and kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter. The butter will help the crust brown. Beat together the eggs and season so the flour, the eggs and the crumbs are all seasoned.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, dip in the egg mixture and gently coat in the bread crumbs. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil and carefully transfer the roulades onto it. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Cut into pinwheels and serve on top of Brussels Sprout Hash with Chicken Jus and Cranberry Chutney, if desired.
EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and mascarpone. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and continue to heat for an additional 1 minute. Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with 1 teaspoon salt. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook on the first side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Lay 1/2 slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the cheese on each breast. Divide the mustard sauce evenly over the ham and top with the remaining cheese slices. Broil until the cheese is melted, golden brown and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SLIDERS
I'm always searching for sandwich ideas, since that's my favorite food. I started experimenting and came up with these chicken cordon bleu sliders. My family loves them, too! —Carolyn Eskew, Dayton, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese. Cook, covered, on low, 2-1/2-3 hours or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker., Stir in Swiss cheese and ham. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir before serving on rolls. Sprinkle with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 254mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
ORIGINAL CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
This classic French chicken dish, adapted from Jane and Michael Stern's book "American Gourmet," more than lives up to its name ("cordon bleu" means "blue ribbon"). It's also far easier to make than you may think. A chicken breast is pounded thin (we've been known to cheat by using pretrimmed cutlets), then wrapped around a slice of smoked ham and a bit of Swiss cheese, and secured with toothpicks. The roulade is coated in egg and bread crumbs, then pan-fried until golden brown, and a simple white wine cream sauce finishes it off.
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Lay the chicken breasts between pieces of wax paper and use a mallet to pound them to 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch thick. Take care not to pound holes in the chicken. Layer each breast with the ham, then place a finger of cheese in the center. Roll up to completely enclose the ham and cheese and secure with toothpicks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg and coat with bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and chill at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter. Add the chicken and cook, turning carefully with tongs, until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the stock to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Move the chicken to a warm platter.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of stock to the skillet, raise the heat to high, and cook, stirring up browned bits clinging to the bottom, for 1 minute. Add the wine (or heavy cream or additional stock), lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the consistency of gravy, about 45 seconds. Pour over the chicken breasts and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 537, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 52 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 801 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
The addition of bacon in this cordon bleu recipe makes it one of my favorite comforting recipes. I've made it for both friends and family, and everyone's a fan. -Jim Wick, Orlando, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness; spread butter on the insides. Sprinkle with thyme. Top with a slice of ham and cheese; roll up tightly. Wrap each with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. , In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place flour in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano and cheese. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture; dip into flour to coat. Dip each again into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. , Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 calories, Fat 27g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 280mg cholesterol, Sodium 961mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 70g protein.
OVEN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
Make an elegant dinner and master a technique that you'll use over and over again. These ham-and-cheese stuffed chicken breasts are a classic European dish that never fails to impress, both with its presentation and its indulgent combination of flavors. While some cordon bleu varieties are fried, this oven-baked version gives you all the crunch without the added oil. For all its impressive looks, this is also a recipe that can be made from start to finish in under an hour-making it great for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner guests.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spread each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon mustard; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives. Cut ham and cheese slices to fit chicken. Top each chicken breast with ham and cheese slice. Roll up, tucking ends inside.
- In shallow bowl, combine egg white and water; beat slightly. Place cereal crumbs in shallow dish. Coat chicken rolls with egg white mixture; roll in crumbs. Place in baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 440 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "chicken cordon bleu hawaiian style recipes"
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast RecipesCalories 326 per serving
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk egg, mustard and pepper in another shallow dish. Place panko in a third shallow dish.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up the breast and place 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. (Secure with toothpicks, if desired.) Repeat with the remaining chicken breast. Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Hold each stuffed breast together and dip in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and then dredge in the breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet; bake until no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, about 30 minutes. Cut each chicken breast into 2 portions and serve.
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - FOOD24
Cuisine Cooking MethodCategory Cooking MethodServings 4Total Time 40 mins
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - FOXY FOLKSY
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU AT HOME - KITCHN
UNBREADED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - A FAMILY FEAST®
ATKINS CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SLIDERS - COUNTRY CLEAVER
FOOL-PROOF CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
10 BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPES - YUMMLY
CLASSIC FRENCH CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BUTTERY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SLIDERS - I WASH YOU DRY
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - JAMIE COOKS IT UP
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | RECIPETIN EATS
FRESH MARKET CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - THERESCIPES.INFO
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU PIZZA RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - WITH HAM AND SWISS CHEESE - 20-MINUTE …
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU WITH CREAMY WHITE SAUCE
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - JO COOKS
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - A FAMILY RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU (CLASSIC AND HALAL) - MUCH BUTTER
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH …
FILIPINO CHICKEN CORDON BLEU WITH DIJON CREAM SAUCE | AMIABLE …
AMAZING CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - DELISH
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SLIDERS - I AM HOMESTEADER
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - MON PETIT FOUR®
RECIPE: THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU EVER!
EASY SKILLET CHICKEN CORDON BLEU – NO ROLLING! - SKINNYTASTE
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | COOKING MAMAS
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BURGERS RECIPE - HOME COOKING MEMORIES
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - SETH MCGINN'S CANCOOKER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken Cordon Bleu?Coat the chicken breast respectively with flour mix, egg wash, flour mix, egg wash, and then bread crumb. In a pan fry, heat the cooking oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken cordon bleu until nice and golden. After the the chicken is cooked, rest it on a cooling rack to remove excess oil. Serve with ketchup and mayonnaise. Enjoy!
What is a cordon bleu?A cordon bleu is a dish of breaded meat (often veal, pork, or chicken) rolled up with cheese, and sometimes ham, then fried. This recipe is prepared mostly that same way but the meat of choice is chicken and instead of frying the chicken, we’re baking it!
What is in a Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu?This EASY Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is made with thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets, lightly pan fried then topped with ham and Swiss in a light Lemon-Dijon Sauce. No rolling! An easy weeknight chicken dish your family will LOVE!
How long do you cook chicken Cordon Bleu rolls?Coat chicken rolls with egg white mixture; roll in crumbs. Place in baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. For the classic chicken cordon bleu, the stuffed chicken breasts are browned in oil in a skillet before being transferred to the oven while this version is only baked.