CHICKEN LIVER PATE
This pate makes a delicious spread!! Serve with assorted crackers or toasted, thinly sliced bread.
Provided by MISS AMY
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Dips and Spreads Recipes Pate Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion and chicken livers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer approximately 10 minutes, until chicken livers are tender and no longer pink.
- Place chicken liver mixture in a blender with dry sherry, cream cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 62.9 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 70.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
You could serve this chicken pâté as an appetizer at a dinner party, or simply as a light (really!) supper or a sandwich spread. It takes less than a half-hour to prepare, and it will firm up in the refrigerator in a few hours. Simply pack the mixture into a bowl or glass jar, cover and refrigerate.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, dips and spreads, appetizer, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat, and melt 4 tablespoons of the butter until it begins to foam. Add the shallots, and sauté them until translucent, being careful not to allow them to brown. Add the livers, thyme and Madeira or port, and bring the heat to high. Cook, occasionally stirring the livers around in the pan with a spoon, until the wine has reduced and the livers are lightly browned but still very soft and pink on the inside, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove, and put its contents into a blender or food processor, along with the cream and the remaining butter. Purée until smooth, adding a little more cream if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Pack the pâté into a glass jar or bowl, then smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about two hours or up to five days. Serve with bacon-onion jam and copious amounts of toast.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 207, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 225 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 1 gram
PORT & CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
Impress dinner guests with homemade port and chicken liver pâté, which takes just 30 minutes to make. Enjoy as a starter with our rosemary crackers
Provided by Emma Freud
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put 100g butter, shallots, garlic, orange and thyme in a pan and fry gently for 8 mins.
- Add the chicken livers and cook gently for another 4 mins.
- Add the port or marsala and cook for a further min, then tip it all into a blender.
- Blitz until smooth, season, then add the remaining butter and blitz again.
- Sieve into a pretty bowl and put it straight into the fridge.
- Give it a couple of hours to set, then spread on crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS
Very easy with a subtle taste of port! Of course at the back of that cupboard near the stove you really need to keep a selection of liquors for cooking and baking! I confess that, not realising just how tasty this spread would be, and that I might want to put the recipe on Zaar, I resorted to glugs and splashes. But I think the measurements are about right! If you don't have pistachios, crush the same amount of toasted hazelnuts, almonds or cashews. Prep time assumes the chicken livers are clean and does not need much prep.
Provided by Zurie
Yield 1 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the white wine, brandy and HALF the port (50 ml) in a small pot with the onion, garlic and thyme. This will be about 1 cup liquid.
- Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup or just over. (It can be hard to judge this, especially with the onion bits in it. Just tilt the pot, and take a guess!).
- During that time, melt the butter -- be generous; the usual cream is not added to this recipe. You need enough butter so you have butter left in the pan when the livers are done.
- Fry the cleaned chicken livers over fairly high heat in the butter, until they are just pink on the inside. Do not overcook -- cut a few open to see degree of done-ness. This will take about 10 minutes, and stir often.
- Put the chicken livers in a processor with ALL of the butter left in the pan, and then add the boiled-down liquor. If you used thyme sprigs like I did, you'll need to pick out the sprigs first.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Whizz the livers. At this stage you'll need the extra port. Chuck it in, and whizz until you have a quite soft spread, too soft to use at this stage. (It will firm up in the fridge).
- And this is where I am not sure of how much port I used extra! The 50 ml should be enough to make the liver spread reach an almost runny consistency, but if not, add more. Taste -- I used flaky sea salt and have no idea how much was needed.
- When the liver spread is velvety smooth, scrape out into a bowl, and fork in the nuts. Cover, cool, and then leave in fridge to firm up.
- The spread develops great flavour over the next day. Can be kept and used for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1608, Fat 64.6, SaturatedFat 24.1, Cholesterol 1055.5, Sodium 1067, Carbohydrate 31.1, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 10.9, Protein 60.9
More about "chicken liver pat with port wine and pistachios recipes"
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
4/5 (532)Total Time 3 hrsServings 5
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the softened butter. Add the shallots and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken livers, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, turning a few times, until firm, about 4 minutes. Add the Marsala and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and simmer, turning the livers a few times, until the livers are light pink in the center, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the skillet mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer 10 of the livers to a plate. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a blender and puree. Cut the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter into tablespoons. With the machine on, add the butter and blend until it is completely incorporated.
- Scrape the puree into a large bowl. Cut the reserved 10 livers into 1/2-inch pieces and fold them in, along with the whole pistachios, parsley and thyme. Generously season the pâté with salt and pepper. Spoon the pâté into four 1 1/2-cup ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the melted butter over each pâté to seal it, then garnish with the chopped pistachios. Cover the ramekins and refrigerate until the butter is firm, about 20 minutes.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE WITH PISTACHIOS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GIVE CHICKEN LIVER PâTé A CHANCE! PISTACHIOS AND DUCK FAT EDITION
FRENCH CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE - THERMOMIX® CHICKEN LIVER …
CHICKEN LIVER AND PISTACHIO NUT PATE - YUM TASTE
CHICKEN LIVER MOUSSE WITH PISTACHIOS - METRO INC.
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS - GLUTEN FREE …
10 BEST CHICKEN LIVER WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
PISTACHIO AND PORT CHICKEN LIVER PâTé | SAQ.COM
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS • ESME SALON
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CHICKEN LIVER PAT WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - DAYS OF JAY
CHICKEN LIVER PATé | FOOD CHANNEL
WINE MARINATED CHICKEN LIVERS WITH PISTACHIOS - ALL THAT COOKING
CHICKEN LIVER PATE WITH CRANBERRIES AND PISTACHIOS FOOD
COGNAC AND PISTACHIO CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - THE CULINARY CHASE
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS | PISTACHIO …
PORT WINE CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN LIVER PATE (PâTé) WITH PORT WINE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS RECIPE
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PORT - SARA MOULTON
RECIPE: CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS STEP BY STEP WITH …
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS RECIPE - FOODREFERENCE.COM
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé CROSTINI - RICARDO
CHICKEN LIVER PATE (PâTé) WITH PORT WINE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PORT - SPICE - LIGHT
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THE BA FOODIST'S MOM'S CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PORT WINE AND PISTACHIOS | FOOD.COM
CHICKEN-LIVER PATE WITH FIGS AND PISTACHIOS - RECIPE
RECIPE: CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS STEP BY STEP WITH …
THERMOMIX CHICKEN LIVER PATé WITH PISTACHIOS | RECIPE | CHICKEN …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-african #appetizers #poultry #african #easy #diabetic #picnic #spreads #chicken #dietary #gluten-free #egg-free #free-of-something #meat #chicken-livers #brunch #to-go
You'll also love