DILLY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
These chickpea salad sandwiches are super flavorful and contain less fat and cholesterol than chicken salad. They make delightful picnic sandwiches. -Deanna McDonald, Muskegon, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl; mash to desired consistency. Stir in onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper. Spread over each of 6 bread slices; layer with toppings of your choice and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 586mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chickpeas, red onion, red bell pepper, vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, fresh dill, leafy green, bread
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chickpeas and mash with potato masher until a chunky texture is reached.
- Add the red onion, red pepper, vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and dill, and stir until well combined.
- Store chickpea salad in refrigerator for up to five days. To assemble sandwich, spread mixture onto bread and top with leafy greens of choice.
- Wrap in parchment paper and secure with rubber band.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 9 grams
VEGETARIAN CHICKPEA SANDWICH FILLING
Serve this tasty sandwich spread on crusty whole grain rolls or pita bread, with lettuce and tomato. Other raw, chopped vegetables can be substituted for the celery. Your favorite salad dressing can be substituted for the mayo.
Provided by FISHLOVE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.5 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 576.1 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
It's quick, easy, super nutritious and tastes absolutely fantastic. Win win win! You can make up the chickpea salad part ahead of time, and make it into a sandwich when you want it by drizzling some olive oil on the bread and spoon the mix on top. Ingredients can vary - basically whatever veggies you can find. Feel free to substitute as necessary.
Provided by strawberrycandy32
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix red onion, green onions, garlic scapes, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, English cucumber, zucchini, chickpeas, capers, paprika, cayenne pepper, and Italian dressing together in a large bowl. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil on one side of each bread slice and spread chickpea mixture on half the slices. Top with second piece of bread to make a sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.3 calories, Carbohydrate 55.1 g, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 10.4 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 833.1 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
RANCH CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
- Rinse the red onion under cold water; transfer to a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, ranch dressing, a pinch of salt and a generous grinding of pepper in a large bowl. Smash together with a potato masher or sturdy fork until the chickpeas are in small pieces. Add the red onion, celery, parsley, dill, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread and top each with 1 or 2 lettuce leaves. Spread the chickpea salad (about 1/2 cup per sandwich) in an even layer on top. Season the avocado slices lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Divide the avocado among the sandwiches and top each with a second piece of bread. Serve the sandwiches with chips and pickles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Fat 18 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 7 milligrams, Sodium 797 milligrams, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 8 grams
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
This quick recipe makes simple canned chickpeas into a bold and hearty vegetarian meal. Chickpeas are mashed in a creamy, rich lemon-tahini dressing, then mixed with crunchy celery and scallions for fresh bite. Earthy alfalfa sprouts, crisp lettuce, creamy avocado and sweet tomatoes bring contrasting textures and flavors to the sandwich. The chickpea salad can be made a few hours ahead and kept refrigerated. Any leftover salad makes a tasty dip served with tortilla chips or crackers. For a vegan alternative, omit the cheese for sandwiches that still boast layers of flavor.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories easy, lunch, sandwiches, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, combine oil, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk until well combined. Add chickpeas and mash with the back of a fork or spoon until chunky. Add celery, scallions and cheese, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. On 4 slices of bread, divide lettuce, alfalfa and avocado, then top with some of the chickpea salad and tomatoes. Close sandwiches and serve. (Sandwiches may sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before serving.)
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
Chickpeas are high in fiber and protein, so they're the perfect snack. I like the taste of them because they remind me a little bit of black-eyed peas, which I love! Combine them with avocado, a little mayo, and a dash of lime juice, and you've got a light-tasting summer salad that will really fill you up. Yum!
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the chickpea salad: In a medium bowl, using a fork or pastry blender, mash the chickpeas and avocado together until incorporated, but still chunky. Add the green onion, lime juice, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir until mixed. If you want a spicy hot kick, add the cayenne. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
- For the sandwiches: Cut the pitas horizontally to create pockets. Spread the chickpea salad mixture into each pita pocket. Top with cucumber slices, sprouts, radishes and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 3 milligrams, Sodium 990 milligrams, Carbohydrate 90 grams, Fiber 21 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 10 grams
More about "chickpea salad sandwiches recipes"
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.2/5 (6)Servings 2Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (1)Calories 618 per serving
- Coarsely mash chickpeas in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in celery, parsley, mayonnaise, shallot, lemon juice, Dijon, salt, and several grinds black pepper.
- Spread 1 side of toasted bread slices with desired amount of mayonnaise and Dijon. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 2 bread slices. Top with chickpea salad, and cover with remaining bread slices.
BEST CHICKPEA 'EGG' SALAD SANDWICH - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
5/5 (11)Total Time 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 366 per serving
- Roughly mash the chickpeas with the back of a strong fork, potato masher or pastry blender. The better you mash them, the better they will hold together.
- To the chickpeas, add celery, red onion, sweet or dill pickles or relish, vegan mayo, dijon, garlic + onion powder, turmeric, and salt (shown above). Feel free to add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- If making sandwiches, layer a slice of bread with leafy greens, spread ‘egg’ salad on top of leafy greens and top with other half of sandwich bread, slice in half and enjoy!
SMASHED CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH | VANILLA AND BEAN
4.9/5 (85)Calories 385 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Snack
- Using a potato masher, rough-mash the chickpeas until most is smashed but there are still some whole chickpeas left. Add the pickles, onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, dill, optional turmeric and black pepper. Mix well. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
- Store in a covered container for up to two days. Delicious alone or piled high on multigrain with accompanying veggies.
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES - 4 WAYS! - PEAS AND CRAYONS
Reviews 8Published 2019-01-03Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich. This tasty Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a plant-based powerhouse of a lunch! Make it in advance for a party or picnic or to take along as an easy weekday lunch for work or school.
- Strawberry Basil Chickpea Salad Sandwich. This Strawberry Basil Chickpea Salad Sandwich makes a tasty (and portable!) lunch for work, school, or home. Even better?
- Tomato Basil Chickpea Salad Sandwich. A riff on traditional tuna or chicken sandwiches, these smashed chickpea sammies are super healthy and full of flavor – you seriously won’t miss the meat!
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Sandwich. This crunchy cranberry chickpea salad is gloriously vegetarian with an easy peasy swap to make it vegan. Simply grab your favorite vegan mayo and you’re good to go!
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH | MYRECIPES
Total Time 10 mins
- Place chickpeas, mayonnaise, lemon juice, za’atar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until crumbled, about 10 pulses. Transfer mixture to a bowl; fold in celery.
- Spread chickpea mixture evenly over 2 bread slices; top evenly with arugula and remaining 2 bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half, and serve.
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH - 40 APRONS
5/5 (26)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 231 per serving
- Simmer the chickpeas in liquid from their cans for 10 minutes. Drain chickpeas in a colander or strainer.
CHICKPEA SUNFLOWER SANDWICH | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 302Calories 532 per servingCategory Entree, Lunch
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add sunflower seeds, mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt, and pepper and mix with a spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the pieces of bread, add desired toppings and sauce, and top with other two slices of bread.
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES - HELL YES IT'S VEGAN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory Main Course, SandwichCalories 472 per serving
- Add all ingredients except the bread to the bowl and stir with a silicone spatula until combined. Add more salt to taste if needed.
- Optionally toast your bread and assemble the sandwiches by adding a hearty layer of chickpea salad in between the bread. Serve immediately.
EASY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH – A COUPLE COOKS
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main DishCalories 384 per serving
- Combine the chickpeas with the chopped celery and green onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery seed. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, depending on your chickpea brand and taste preferences, and fresh ground pepper to taste. Taste and salt until the flavor pops! If the salad is dry, add more mayonnaise (cooked chickpeas have a drier texture than canned).
- Assemble the chickpea salad sandwich: If desired, spread the bread with hummus (this amps it up a bit but not required). Top the sandwich with lettuce or greens and chickpea spread.
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Chickpea RecipesCalories 623 per servingTotal Time 10 mins
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES RECIPE - JUSTIN CHAPPLE | FOOD ...
4/5 (1)Category Sandwich RecipesServings 4Total Time 20 mins
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH - VEGAN RICHA
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 561 per serving
5 VEGAN SANDWICHES - EASY VEGAN RECIPES
4.9/5 (17)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CoursePublished 2014-09-12
CHICKPEA SALAD NIçOISE SANDWICHES - MEATLESS MONDAY
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
4.9/5 (26)Category SandwichServings 3-4Total Time 25 mins
HEALTHY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGAN CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES | EASY, HEALTHY, DELICIOUS ...
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE GREEN CHEF - WATCH RECIPE ...
FILLING AND FLAVORFUL: SPICY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE FOOD NETWORK / VIEW 11 ...
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #lunch #easy #potluck #picnic #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #sandwiches #brown-bag #egg-free #free-of-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #to-go #camping #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a chickpea salad sandwich?Filled with protein and fiber, this vegan chickpea salad sandwich is a delicious healthy lunch! Prep the chickpea mixture up to 3 days in advance and keep it on hand for lunches all week.
How do you make chickpea salad?Under 30 min. Add the red onion, red pepper, vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and dill, and stir until well combined. Store chickpea salad in refrigerator for up to five days. To assemble sandwich, spread mixture onto bread and top with leafy greens of choice. Wrap in parchment paper and secure with rubber band.
What do you put on a chickpea sunflower sandwich?30-minute Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich with smashed chickpeas and roasted sunflower seeds in a simple dressing. Sandwiched between two slices of bread and topped with my secret garlic sauce, this is healthy lunch perfection.
How to cook chickpeas and lettuce?Coarsely mash chickpeas in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in celery, parsley, mayonnaise, shallot, lemon juice, Dijon, salt, and several grinds black pepper. Spread 1 side of toasted bread slices with desired amount of mayonnaise and Dijon. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 2 bread slices.